Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I am a Dawgman refugee

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
I've bounced around scout, rivals, and 247. Shame Bob's blog is gone because that was everything we needed. There isn't a real core place to fanatically follow Husky football anymore. Also, Sark's regime is kind of stagnant. It feels like more people are excited about the stadium than the actual team. From lurking, I can tell that people here share a similar opinion with me about the Dawgman moderators. I wouldn't be so, uh, vulgar in my descriptions but yes -- they are a total joke. There are some very, very good posters there that I think highly of. Yaledawg and Tailgater among them.

I really want Sark to do well and have pulled hard for him, I mean christ my four years at UW were the Willingham years so I was just begging for someone to give me hop, but admittedly it is hard to keep the faith these days. No offensive identity. Never committing to the run. Holt. His handling of Price. Most unforgiving: offensive line play + recruiting. The Dawgman moderators say that people have been clamoring for Sark to fail since the beginning. I don't think that's true at all, I think if he went 13-0 next year everyone would be losing their minds in how awesome it is.

Meh

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    jecornel said:

I don't think anyone wanted Sark to fail at the beginning. If Grinolds and Co. are saying that its sounds like an agenda.. Its been 4 years going on 5 and its clear Sark is a 3 million dollar fraud for all the reasons you pointed out.

They like to act like having doubt in a hire means you wanted him to fail just so we can say we were right.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The way it has worked on HHB for years is that somebody comes over the the HHB site, claims doogman is rotten, then gets a few days worth of hazing. If you haven't been kicked off doogman altogether you are encouraged to leave the HHB site (which moves around twice annually or so; it's now here) immediately. But, some of the guys here haven't had a date since Clinton was in office, and make a lot of trips to Costco for hand cream to support their masturbation habits in their mom's basement.
  • Options

The way it has worked on HHB for years is that somebody comes over the the HHB site, claims doogman is rotten, then gets a few days worth of hazing. If you haven't been kicked off doogman altogether you are encouraged to leave the HHB site (which moves around twice annually or so; it's now here) immediately. But, some of the guys here haven't had a date since Clinton was in office, and make a lot of trips to Costco for hand cream to support their masturbation habits in their mom's basement.

I think you're the first person in internet history to use that line.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I thought the whole point of buying hand cream at Costco was so you didn't have to make as many trips. More trips=less time to jack off.

• Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,476
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Welcome Gladstone.

Lots of inside jokes here. Try to learn them if you can, but as Derek said, there is very limited moderation here so just have fun.
  • Options

Gladstone said:

I've bounced around scout, rivals, and 247. Shame Bob's blog is gone because that was everything we needed. There isn't a real core place to fanatically follow Husky football anymore. Also, Sark's regime is kind of stagnant. It feels like more people are excited about the stadium than the actual team. From lurking, I can tell that people here share a similar opinion with me about the Dawgman moderators. I wouldn't be so, uh, vulgar in my descriptions but yes -- they are a total joke. There are some very, very good posters there that I think highly of. Yaledawg and Tailgater among them.

I really want Sark to do well and have pulled hard for him, I mean christ my four years at UW were the Willingham years so I was just begging for someone to give me hop, but admittedly it is hard to keep the faith these days. No offensive identity. Never committing to the run. Holt. His handling of Price. Most unforgiving: offensive line play + recruiting. The Dawgman moderators say that people have been clamoring for Sark to fail since the beginning. I don't think that's true at all, I think if he went 13-0 next year everyone would be losing their minds in how awesome it is.

Meh

Welcome aboard Gladstone. I've had a few folks ask me if positive comments are "allowed". As long as it's not outright slander about anyone, you can be as positive or negative about Husky football as you like. You might get other posters disagreeing with you, but you won't have your posts deleted and a PM from me telling you to knock it off.

We're glad you're here to hang out. Please enjoy.

It's been so long since I've said anything positive about the team, I can't even remember what it's like. Oh, last year's Stanford game was good. That's about it for me.
  • Options

I think you're the first person in internet history to use that line.
    Part of the appeal of HHB is using the same lines endlessly, like "in your mom's basement with a boner in your sweatpants." I get the feeling hardcorehusky.com is a little watered down from pure HHB. For one thing, a pure HHB doesn't even say "husky," only "huskie" perhaps. Never dawg, but only doog.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If you want any tips on how to survive around here, shoot me PM.

Free Tip #1 - change that fucking avatar

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    don't take things personally until you understand all the innuendo and then you'll find it fun. the sad part is that we have some good football discussions when warranted but we are never going to be the yes men that woody and his emmert wanted. teeth get broken and something else hurts (can't recall since i'm half drunk) but welcome dude.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Gladstone said:

Meh

White girls or Latinas?
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Gladstone said:

Latinas

Finally, we're getting some winners to join this board.

Welcome sir. If you need anything, anything at all, do not hesitate to pm DJ.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Latinas

Finally, we're getting some winners to join this board.

Welcome sir. If you need anything, anything at all, do not hesitate to pm DJ.
    You like to call me DJ.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,075
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Meh

LEAVE!
  • Options
    Founders Club

jecornel said:

I don't think anyone wanted Sark to fail at the beginning. If Grinolds and Co. are saying that its sounds like an agenda.. Its been 4 years going on 5 and its clear Sark is a 3 million dollar fraud for all the reasons you pointed out.

It's funny, the first poster to say that Sark was a good hire was a Husky Half Brain. I know this because I was that poster. I got ripped on Half Brains and ripped on Dawgman. That's a little slice of history that the doogs like to pretend never happened.

Also during Sarks first season, when I was ready to quickly abandon the bandwagon, it was the podcast of Race Bannon and whoever that other guy was that talked me into giving Sark more rope.

Kim is a liar, possibly a hermaphrodite, and not at all a good guy. Nobody wanted Sark to succeed more than the guy that supported him before anyone else.
    You really are classy.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited August 2013

They don't sell my brand at COSTCO.