Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lots of excitement and expectations

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

Bill Gates has a great talk about teachers*. Without him knowing much about teaching (the "x's and o's") he showed that after 3 years, the improvement in teaching skill is 0.

*citation needed
    go to 3:54 in the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnfzZEREfQs#t=3m54s

i draw a lot of parallels between this and the coaching search....and the "10 years of experience needed" that i always here as well in the job market. I'm willing to bet 90% of professions follow exactly like teaching...experience is largely complete bullshit...you are you who are whether you 60 or 25. if you suck at math at 25, you will suck at math at 60. Sark sucks now and he's going to suck in 20 years.

I'll eventually post it here, but i did an analysis of the past 40 years of pac10 coaches. Basically, with sarks record where its at now, the chance of him ever winning 10+ games is about 8%. That is EVER winning 10 games. Meanwhile the chance of a random coach winning 10+ in their FIRST season is about 8%. Of course woodward probably has a art history major working for him as his data analyst so i'm confident woodward will go with his "gut" and we'll be stuck with 7/8 win season for the next 5 years
    This type of premium info is why I pay $12.99 a month here. Good study!
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Bill Gates has a great talk about teachers*. Without him knowing much about teaching (the "x's and o's") he showed that after 3 years, the improvement in teaching skill is 0.

*citation needed
    go to 3:54 in the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnfzZEREfQs#t=3m54s

i draw a lot of parallels between this and the coaching search....and the "10 years of experience needed" that i always here as well in the job market. I'm willing to bet 90% of professions follow exactly like teaching...experience is largely complete bullshit...you are you who are whether you 60 or 25. if you suck at math at 25, you will suck at math at 60. Sark sucks now and he's going to suck in 20 years.

I'll eventually post it here, but i did an analysis of the past 40 years of pac10 coaches. Basically, with sarks record where its at now, the chance of him ever winning 10+ games is about 8%. That is EVER winning 10 games. Meanwhile the chance of a random coach winning 10+ in their FIRST season is about 8%. Of course woodward probably has a art history major working for him as his data analyst so i'm confident woodward will go with his "gut" and we'll be stuck with 7/8 win season for the next 5 years
    This type of premium info is why I pay $12.99 a month here. Good study!
    I'm pretty sure you don't pay $12.99