Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lots of excitement and expectations

Comments

• DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    So close to 7-6. so close...
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

For the 2010 season. I swear I live in some kind of cruel fan experiment.

dailyuw.com/archive/2009/12/08/imported/sarkisian-calls-%E2%80%9909-season-success#.UhJuGY29KSM

And some people say the Lather, Rinse, Repeat joke is old...
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    "It's about the journey" - Steve Sarkisian
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    One of my favorites.

"I said this at the press conference, that it’s not going to take us very long, and I truly believe that."
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    "We’re very young. We lose two guys. We’re a very young offense that continued to grow throughout the season, and tonight, we showed some explosiveness that we can continue to grow on" Totally synonymous coaches Lambo and DJ would kill to only lose two starters. Rose Bowl!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    “I think we can be electric,” Sarkisian said after the Cal game. “I think we’re coming into our own. It was great that Mykenna Ikehara got his first start at center tonight and played fantastic against a great defensive line. We’re very young. We lose two guys. We’re a very young offense that continued to grow throughout the season, and tonight, we showed some explosiveness that we can continue to grow on.”

Did Ikehara ever play a snap again for us? I remember being excited about him going forward as I think he was only a freshman then he never played again.

Funny how we returned our entire team yet in 2010 I kept hearing how "young" the team was after the 3-6 start.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

“I think we can be electric,” Sarkisian said after the Cal game. “I think we’re coming into our own. It was great that Mykenna Ikehara got his first start at center tonight and played fantastic against a great defensive line. We’re very young. We lose two guys. We’re a very young offense that continued to grow throughout the season, and tonight, we showed some explosiveness that we can continue to grow on.”

Did Ikehara ever play a snap again for us? I remember being excited about him going forward as I think he was only a freshman then he never played again.

Funny how we returned our entire team yet in 2010 I kept hearing how "young" the team was after the 3-6 start.

I remember Ikehara playing a little bit in 2010, but he got injured and had to retire before the 2011 season.

As for the OP, Sark says this type of shit every year. There was more excitement for the 2010 season then there is for this upcoming season. If it wasn't for the new stadium, there would be very little excitement in the program.

• IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    edited August 2013

I remember Ikehara playing a little bit in 2010, but he got injured and had to retire before the 2011 season.

As for the OP, Sark says this type of shit every year. There was more excitement for the 2010 season then there is for this upcoming season. If it wasn't for the new stadium, there would be very little excitement in the program.

RoadDawg - you seem to be moving over to the very negative side lately. Not sure if it is an attempt to fit it, but on your podcast you come through with some very good insight. I think we can all agree that this is a make or break year for the HC, and I think that horse is being served at your local Burger King. But there is nothing wrong with pointing positives in the program,

As for excitement, I think there is a lot of talent on this roster, and the type of athlete in the program has change over the last 5 years. Once again it will be up to the coaches to maximize that talent.

It would be cool if you guys did a podcast comparing certain position groups vs. 5 years ago.

A good example are our LBs & CBs:

I think Shaq-Feeney-Timu-Princeton is our best LB group going into a season in years. Butler-Mason-Victor were very good at the end of the year, but Donald blew up his SR and not sure many people expected that.

And it nice to finally have some size at CB:

Peters - 5'11" 193
    Dixon - 6'1" 196
    Kelly - 6'2" 183
    King - 6'2" 178
    Wallace - 5'11" 171
    Enewally - 6'1" 184
    Beaver - 6'0" 192 (even though he been moved to S)

Just saying your football post are really good and you stand out when not toeing the company line.

RoadDawg - you seem to be moving over to the very negative side lately. Not sure if it is an attempt to fit it, but on your podcast you come through with some very good insight. I think we can all agree that this is a make or break year for the HC, and I think that horse is being served at your local Burger King. But there is nothing wrong with pointing positives in the program,

As for excitement, I think there is a lot of talent on this roster, and the type of athlete in the program has change over the last 5 years. Once again it will be up to the coaches to maximize that talent.

It would be cool if you guys did a podcast comparing certain position groups vs. 5 years ago.

I think Shaq-Feeney-Timu-Princeton is our best LB group going into a season in years. Butler-Mason-Victor were very good at the end of the year, but Donald blew up his SR and not sure many people expected that.

Peters - 5'11" 193
    Dixon - 6'1" 196
    Kelly - 6'2" 183
    King - 6'2" 178
    Wallace - 5'11" 171
    Enewally - 6'1" 184

Just saying your football post are really good and you stand out when not toeing the company line.

When you emphasize the positives of a mediocre program, you keep a mediocre coach far longer than you should.

Great non-defense of Sark as always though.

Peters - 5'11" 193
    Dixon - 6'1" 196
    Kelly - 6'2" 183
    King - 6'2" 178
    Wallace - 5'11" 171
    Enewally - 6'1" 184

When you emphasize the positives of a mediocre program, you keep a mediocre coach far longer than you should.

News flash Sparky...what we say on this board has ZERO impact on the program.

But keep up the good fight.

HTH :D
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Peters - 5'11" 193
    Dixon - 6'1" 196
    Kelly - 6'2" 183
    King - 6'2" 178
    Wallace - 5'11" 171
    Enewally - 6'1" 184

Where's the beef?

Peters - 5'11" 193
    Dixon - 6'1" 196
    Kelly - 6'2" 183
    King - 6'2" 178
    Wallace - 5'11" 171
    Enewally - 6'1" 184

News flash Sparky...what we say on this board has ZERO impact on the program.

But keep up the good fight.

HTH :D
    Same to you.

LEAVE!

Peters - 5'11" 193
    Dixon - 6'1" 196
    Kelly - 6'2" 183
    King - 6'2" 178
    Wallace - 5'11" 171
    Enewally - 6'1" 184

Where's the beef?
    Dick's on 45th.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    Year three was the make or break year.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    edited August 2013
    Of course there are some positives with the program; so what?

A few positives don't change the fact that Cream Puff is a complete, total failure as off last year. There is no positive spin. Period.

If we go 10 - 2, I'll eat my words right here and be thrilled to do so. The chances of that happening are slim.

One more thing about, " Towing the company Line." Some of us won't say one thing to fit in here. Who cares? I really don't care if my posts are acceptable. All I want is the Dawgs of old to be reborn....that's it.

Year three was the make or break year.

So was year four.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited August 2013

Peters - 5'11" 193
    Dixon - 6'1" 196
    Kelly - 6'2" 183
    King - 6'2" 178
    Wallace - 5'11" 171
    Enewally - 6'1" 184

I don't mean to come across as too negative. It's not to fit in, I just don't think Sark is a good coach, and it pisses me off because we have enough talent that the right coach could make some noise. I am also starting to agree that Woodward is a moron who is not a football guy. Crazy Larry, alumni event being the Idaho State game, how this fuck holds a football. I'm worried about him in charge.

You are right, there are some postive things going on in the program, but there are just as many negative things which is why we always finish 7-6. It bothers me that mediocrity is so easily accepted by many fans, the local media, and in the administration.

I could go on and on about players I like in the program, but in the end, that means very little when we have the wrong coach. What we have seen from Sark is what we are going to get. I would love to be wrong, but I don't think we will suddenly start playing well on the road, I don't think the OL will be any better than average, we are paper thin at DT, and I doubt we will suddenly be a consistently physical, disciplined team. Sorry that I seem negative, but at this time, I'm not all that optimistic about the program.

edited August 2013

Peters - 5'11" 193
    Dixon - 6'1" 196
    Kelly - 6'2" 183
    King - 6'2" 178
    Wallace - 5'11" 171
    Enewally - 6'1" 184

I don't mean to come across as too negative. It's not to fit in, I just don't think Sark is a good coach, and it pisses me off because we have enough talent that the right coach could make some noise. I am also starting to agree that Woodward is a moron who is not a football guy. Crazy Larry, alumni event being the Idaho State game, how this fuck holds a football. I'm worried about him in charge.

You are right, there are some postive things going on in the program, but there are just as many negative things which is why we always finish 7-6. It bothers me that mediocrity is so easily accepted by many fans, the local media, and in the administration.

I could go on and on about players I like in the program, but in the end, that means very little when we have the wrong coach. What we have seen from Sark is what we are going to get. I would love to be wrong, but I don't think we will suddenly start playing well on the road, I don't think the OL will be any better than average, we are paper thin at DT, and I doubt we will suddenly be a consistently physical, disciplined team. Sorry that I seem negative, but at this time, I'm not all that optimistic about the program.

Now there is a good post. I agree with everything you said, especially about the lines. We cannot control that Sark is coaching this year, so we might as well talk about Xs & Os and the Jimmy and the Joes. Reminds me of the Private Ryan seen about bitching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaVfHntwVc4
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

Seriously?

Did you apply it to the infected area?