Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official IF Romar Steps Down Who Do You Hire if You are Pool Boy Thread

Comments

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My first call would be to McMillan.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    MelloDawg said:

Anyone

No. Not anyone.
    Yeah, but really sort of anyone
    Well in that case, I'll do it.

But I'd only recruit Seattle players, cuz I ain't flying around the world to kiss some teenager's ass.

I bet I'd last 3-4 years on crisp pressers and charming personality alone.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I seriously can't wait for the thread on DM.c that comes as soon as the romar era does officially end and they all run to their full boner mode. I have never seen a group more inflated on a coach since romar. Bone did many good things for the huskies but he certainly wasn't the difference in romar changing philosophies.

Even those morons are over that after watching Bone at WSU.
    You give them too much credit. They are led by moose who is preaching patience
    Patience in year 13. Amazing. Fuck each and every one of them with a RCCG. I hate doogs with the fire of a thousand suns.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,980
    Archie Miller makes way too much sense.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    I don't see smart as even remotely an option, but if you could hire any of the people freemont put on the list this year, you fire romar(errrrr, give him a chance to resign). Every one of those guys would keep the recruiting class intact.

• Options

I don't see smart as even remotely an option, but if you could hire any of the people freemont put on the list this year, you fire romar(errrrr, give him a chance to resign). Every one of those guys would keep the recruiting class intact.

Smart is a long shot. But you make the call and make him say no before crossing him off.

IF Romar was replaced, the new HC just has to keep Murray. The other local guys would come to UW anyways. Maybe the CA big guy needs some convincing too, but Murray is the prize.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Tequilla said:

Top 3 List:

1) Gregg Marshall (offer the kitchen sink and force him to repeatedly say no)
    2) Archie Miller
    3) Steve Prohm

I like those three. Would kill for Marshall, but doubt it would happen...

I would echo others with Michael White and Nate McMillan.

Archie Miller might be number 1 on my list, followed closely by Prohm, White, Mac10.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Top 3 List:

2) Archie Miller
    3) Steve Prohm

Archie Miller might be number 1 on my list, followed closely by Prohm, White, Mac10.
    McMillan's name keeps popping up.

But is there any indication he wants to coach at the college level?

I understand that it's a HC gig, which he might want. But he's been an NBA guy forever.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Top 3 List:

2) Archie Miller
    3) Steve Prohm

McMillan's name keeps popping up.

But is there any indication he wants to coach at the college level?

I understand that it's a HC gig, which he might want. But he's been an NBA guy forever.
    Most likely just wishful thinking. His name stemmed from LostLettermen on twitter saying that Romar sucks now and throwing at McMillans name as a guy no one talks about that should be considered.

I saw that and never even thought of him as an option, but I personally think it would be a great hire. Mostly just wishful thinking as I agree with you that he is an NBA guy.
  • Options
    I like this thread because it gives me hope (even though it won't happen), and hope is all we have for Husky Basketball.

Never been through a basketball coaching search, I wonder what that is like?
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,075
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NBA guys usually do well because 'they know the NBA' and that attracts players, who like their connections. Mac10 literally just came to me last night.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    Standard Supporter

Woody will forever lose the name Pool Boy if he has the balls to call Romar in at the end of this season and say "Shall we do this the easy way (resign and help keep the team together) or the hard way (GTFO)?"
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318

Smart is a long shot. But you make the call and make him say no before crossing him off.

IF Romar was replaced, the new HC just has to keep Murray. The other local guys would come to UW anyways. Maybe the CA big guy needs some convincing too, but Murray is the prize.
    Who gives a shit about keeping Murray if you have a shitty coach?
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    3 coaches in the Pac 12 from Montana pipeline. Just sayin
  • Options

Huh?

I said: "IF Romar was replaced, the new HC just has to keep Murray."

Why wouldn't you want the new coach to keep the best recruit???
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

3 coaches in the Pac 12 from Montana pipeline. Just sayin

I think DeCurie is going to end up being a solid coach as well. First season with the Griz and tied for first in the Big Sky. I think he went to hs somewhere on the east side. Don't think he's ready for the P12 at this point though.
  • Options

You can't win without talent, and last time i checked murray has a lot of talent. Romar needs him, any program who wants to win isn't winning with winters as your future.

• Options
    I don't know if jason mccleary still poasts on DM.c but he seemed to be one of the only people who really was in the know of high school kids and coaches. He has been very high on travis for a long time. I don't know much about assistants but he seemed to always talk about him being a solid option in the future.

It would be tough for UW to swallow him as the option after romar, but we also have to be serious about our options. Fucking UCLA got alford. Either they are certifiably insane, or the market wasn't nearly as good as many assume to come out west.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Unless it produces a final four, Murray's 1 and done season isn't worth holding the program hostage over.

Think back to when we got surefire 1 and done Wroten with Ross returning.

Had we known that would be worth an NIT would we have rather fired Romar and lost Wroten? I say yes.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Unless it produces a final four, Murray's 1 and done season isn't worth holding the program hostage over.

Think back to when we got surefire 1 and done Wroten with Ross returning.

Had we known that would be worth an NIT would we have rather fired Romar and lost Wroten? I say yes.

I'm not so sure he's one and done. He got passed over by the McD's AA game, so he needs to have a huge freshman season to get his name out there on the draft radar. He isn't as selfish as Wroten, so the stats might not be as lopsided. Good for a team, not so good for his draft stock.

But I agree. No one player, or recruiting class, is bigger than the program.