Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA Trade Deadline

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
The Heat could be a contender in the East with Dragic. Whiteside, Bosh, Deng, Wade, and Dragic is a good starting 5.

I think that team could give anyone in the East a series and possibly pull an upset.

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    IT traded too. I heard second han from him that Phoenix was a disaster and management promised Dragic, Bledsoe, and IT things that were not true.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I also think the Blazers getting Afflalo was a huge move out west. Portland now has a legit scoring threat off the bench. As long as Kaman can stay healthy, I think Blake, Kaman, and Afflalo is a much bigger upgrade than what they've had in the past.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Portland's season is over.
  • Options

hurtful......

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Care to elaborate on that?
  • Options
    I like what OKC did - they need to do something drastic to make sure that they are placating KD. That being said, still hard to see them being better than 8th unless the Clippers crash a bit without Blake Griffin and OKC catches them ... but 6.5 games is a lot with only 28-30 games left.

That's a good deal for Miami - particularly if they can sign Dragic. Good move for them.

Phoenix has fucking shit the bed though ... Dragic is the best player of those 3. IT was a strange signing for them from the get go once they resigned Bledsoe. Given the talent on that team, they should have been better than what they were doing. @RoadDawg55 has had their shit dialed in for a while.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meanwhile, the sixers trade their best player and former ROY MCW.

I think Hinkie needs to realize treating human beings strictly as numerical assets is going to backfire Long term.

They can have all the cap space in the world but they will never sign a huge free agent the way he moves players like cattle.

Hes amassed about a billion draft picks, but if he doesn't pick perfectly and have them all develop together he is going to crash and burn.

I get the point of integrating analytics into the game, but the sixers are going full on extreme with it.

I'm very interested to see how it plays out. Could be the future or a cautionary tale.
  • Options
    MCW will never be a player that you look at as a building block ... he gets numbers because he's playing on a D-League team playing in the NBA.

If you think what Philly is doing is anything more than acquiring assets and trying to figure out what guys are part of the long term solution while moving those that they don't think are for more assets, then I don't know what to tell you.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I like what OKC did - they need to do something drastic to make sure that they are placating KD. That being said, still hard to see them being better than 8th unless the Clippers crash a bit without Blake Griffin and OKC catches them ... but 6.5 games is a lot with only 28-30 games left.

That's a good deal for Miami - particularly if they can sign Dragic. Good move for them.

Phoenix has fucking shit the bed though ... Dragic is the best player of those 3. IT was a strange signing for them from the get go once they resigned Bledsoe. Given the talent on that team, they should have been better than what they were doing. @RoadDawg55 has had their shit dialed in for a while.

Upgrading the starting SG/PG position (Knight vs. Dragic) in terms of scoring, rebounds and assists with a guy who is 5 years younger, much more athletic and plays tough defense.......yep, that's really shitting the bed.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

MCW will never be a player that you look at as a building block ... he gets numbers because he's playing on a D-League team playing in the NBA.

If you think what Philly is doing is anything more than acquiring assets and trying to figure out what guys are part of the long term solution while moving those that they don't think are for more assets, then I don't know what to tell you.

I think it's been an embarrassment to the league and the fan base of philly. It better payoff in a big way. At some point, dehumanizing your players is going to have an affect on the team. Embiid is tweeting out "what is going on!". It's hard to develop brotherhood let alone identify a cornerstone for your franchise when you keep loading up on future potential.
  • Options
    But what if Hinkie appoligized to Philly fans. Told them he loved them, and that he'll never do it again?
  • Options
    HuskyInAZ said:

Tequilla said:

Upgrading the starting SG/PG position (Knight vs. Dragic) in terms of scoring, rebounds and assists with a guy who is 5 years younger, much more athletic and plays tough defense.......yep, that's really shitting the bed.
    If you think Knight is better than Dragic, you probably also think Romar is a good coach.

Dear fucking god ... close the fucking gates Derek.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

I think it's been an embarrassment to the league and the fan base of philly. It better payoff in a big way. At some point, dehumanizing your players is going to have an affect on the team. Embiid is tweeting out "what is going on!". It's hard to develop brotherhood let alone identify a cornerstone for your franchise when you keep loading up on future potential.
    I don't disagree with you ...

But at the same time, MCW isn't the guy that I'd make a stand with on the topic.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

They will be lucky to win a round. They aren't winning three.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

I don't see them winning a series against Golden State, Memphis, or San Antonio once they hit the next gear. Probably aren't beating OKC in a series. Coin flips probably against Dallas and and the Clippers. Should be favorites against Houston.

Agree that winning a round (like they did last year) is probably the high water mark for them. Next step would be actually being competitive in the second round.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I don't see them winning a series against Golden State, Memphis, or San Antonio once they hit the next gear. Probably aren't beating OKC in a series. Coin flips probably against Dallas and and the Clippers. Should be favorites against Houston.

Agree that winning a round (like they did last year) is probably the high water mark for them. Next step would be actually being competitive in the second round.
    That's how I see it. I think Houston is improved from last year though and are better than Portland.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Tequilla said:

If you think Knight is better than Dragic, you probably also think Romar is a good coach.

Are you fucking serious? Dragic is a damn good player, but Knight is clearly an upgrade. Better stats, better defense, more athletic, better team, 5+ years younger. Do you even watch the NBA?

As for closing the gates, a dumb fuck like you is the poster child. Or would you rather cry to daddy?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2015
    HuskyInAZ said:

Tequilla said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Tequilla said:

Are you fucking serious? Dragic is a damn good player, but Knight is clearly an upgrade. Better stats, better defense, more athletic, better team, 5+ years younger. Do you even watch the NBA?

As for closing the gates, a dumb fuck like you is the poster child. Or would you rather cry to daddy?
    Knight is pretty good, but Dragic is a little better. I think Knight is a pretty good replacement for Dragic and he is a better shooter. And like you said, he's younger. Bledsoe, Knight, the Morris twins, and Alex Len is a pretty good core.

I hesitate to call the Bucks a better team than Phoenix. They have a slightly better record but the East is much easier.

The Bucks essentially trading Knight for MWC is a bad move. MCW has done nothing but lose and gets unlimited shots and playmaking opportunities for the worst team in the NBA.

MCW and the Greek freak can't shoot. It's tough having two perimeter oriented players who can't shoot.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

That's how I see it. I think Houston is improved from last year though and are better than Portland.
    I like the KJ Mcdaniels move. Not sure where he plays yet but he is a fucking freak.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    HuskyInAZ said:

Tequilla said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Tequilla said:

Wake me up when Brandon Knight is a 3rd team all NBA player ... Dragic has done that.

And excuse me while I yawn at guys putting up stats on a bad team ... RD is right though regarding MCW ... he's the poster child of the whole lots of stats on a bad team ... dude doesn't even shoot 40% (only with rounding) ... I'm seriously laughing at those saying that MCW is the next Jason Kidd.

What is fair to say is that getting Knight to replace Dragic is probably not all that bad considering that the Suns had lost all leverage on Dragic and risked losing him for nothing. But at the same time, not really sure that the Suns got THAT much for IT ... so when you look at it from the standpoint of Dragic + IT for Knight and 2 future 1st rounders in 2017 and 2021, that's not that fucking good).

And the whole Dragic thing is 100% driven by their offseason moves. The Suns fucked themselves over on this one.