Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What I'm hearing

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2015

As long as Crockett is filling his seat across the floor I don't think Romar is gone. Emmertt was at the ASU game sitting right next to Crockett, well for the first half.

My opinion here won't be popular as this seems like this board is the official "Fire Romar Circle Jerk" but I and probably a majority are willing to let him try to win with next years class. It's frustrating as hell to watch right now but most of my adolescence UW hoops was frustrating to watch (Russo, Nance, Bender).

Worst roster in 13 years of the program. Probably one of the worst outlooks and people assume we will right the ship with freshman? If you're in favor of romar next year, you will hear the exact same mantra next year b/c freshman are not typically difference makers. Everyone remember Dorsey is a 4*, yup, savior

I don't think they will "right the ship", but next year's team will be much improved if NWG comes back. I would love to see what a better coach would do with next year's team. They should be pretty talented.

Both Murray and Chriss are on another level than Dorsey. Dorsey can do absolutely nothing but shoot. He could be a decent role player in a year or two though.
    So not being a troll, I'd like to hear why you think there will be vast improvement next year?

You're seeing red about Romar if you can't see how next year's team will be better if NWG returns (which he should). You are even comparing Murray to Dorsey to try and reason why next year's team will suck as much as this one.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

But Sark would still be here (and was not even close to being fired) if USC hadn't taken him off our hands.

#PoolBoyReality
    "not even close to being fired"

Disagree.

If he lost to WSU I'd say 50% he was door.ass.out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

But Sark would still be here (and was not even close to being fired) if USC hadn't taken him off our hands.

#PoolBoyReality
    "not even close to being fired"

Disagree.

If he lost to WSU I'd say 50% he was door.ass.out.
    I doubt it. I guess none of us really know, but I think Romar and Woodward were prepared to suck this year. They had a nice stretch and surprised for a bit, but I think next year was the year all along.

Next year will be make or break. The recruiting class will save Romar.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm going to use this in a normal day to day conversation, when a client is looking for the scoop or update on a deadline. See how it works

Barring disaster, I sure hope so
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam

AKA, what I've been saying for years.

Think about it this way: Football is more important than basketball. Sark is worse than Romar.

Does anyone REALLY think an AD that loved Sark will fire Romar?

#PoolBoyReality
    Only if the season ticket sales and attendance continue to nose dive.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2015

As long as Crockett is filling his seat across the floor I don't think Romar is gone. Emmertt was at the ASU game sitting right next to Crockett, well for the first half.

My opinion here won't be popular as this seems like this board is the official "Fire Romar Circle Jerk" but I and probably a majority are willing to let him try to win with next years class. It's frustrating as hell to watch right now but most of my adolescence UW hoops was frustrating to watch (Russo, Nance, Bender).

Worst roster in 13 years of the program. Probably one of the worst outlooks and people assume we will right the ship with freshman? If you're in favor of romar next year, you will hear the exact same mantra next year b/c freshman are not typically difference makers. Everyone remember Dorsey is a 4*, yup, savior

I don't think they will "right the ship", but next year's team will be much improved if NWG comes back. I would love to see what a better coach would do with next year's team. They should be pretty talented.

Both Murray and Chriss are on another level than Dorsey. Dorsey can do absolutely nothing but shoot. He could be a decent role player in a year or two though.
    So not being a troll, I'd like to hear why you think there will be vast improvement next year?

You're seeing red about Romar if you can't see how next year's team will be better if NWG returns (which he should). You are even comparing Murray to Dorsey to try and reason why next year's team will suck as much as this one.
    Well, to be honest, it can't get much worse shooting wise. I'm more concerned about post play. I'm obviously not a JJ fan so I'm very pessimistic about the front line. That is where I don't get the argument. Guard wise we should be much better with a rotation of Murray/NWG/AA.

Nobody has said dorsey is on par or even close to murray. That's just being FS. Dorsey is a 4* guy, so is DJ, so assuming all these 4* guys coming in make immediate impact as freshman is also FS. That was my point, not comparing dorsey to murray.

I'm assuming Murray is 1/done from everything i've seen on the net and the coaches I know who have seen him play or against him. He could have TW type impact his frosh year. I'm not as optimistic about any of the others though making significant impact. However, they have to be better than giles and winters coming off the bench right?

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    What the fuck does Pool Boy think an actual disaster looks like? Jesus fucking christ. Ftg.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Well, to be honest, it can't get much worse shooting wise. I'm more concerned about post play. I'm obviously not a JJ fan so I'm very pessimistic about the front line. That is where I don't get the argument. Guard wise we should be much better with a rotation of Murray/NWG/AA.

Nobody has said dorsey is on par or even close to murray. That's just being FS. Dorsey is a 4* guy, so is DJ, so assuming all these 4* guys coming in make immediate impact as freshman is also FS. That was my point, not comparing dorsey to murray.

I'm assuming Murray is 1/done from everything i've seen on the net and the coaches I know who have seen him play or against him. He could have TW type impact his frosh year. I'm not as optimistic about any of the others though making significant impact. However, they have to be better than giles and winters coming off the bench right?

Yeah, post play is a concern. OTOH, all that this team is losing is Kemp, a guy who can score a little, but sucks at defense and rebounding. Dime the JC guy was pretty coveted (Iowa State, Arkansas, Kansas). He was offered and took official visits to all 3 of those schools. On 24/7 he's rated the #4 JC player and #1 PF. He seems like a freak athlete and shot blocker but is raw offensively.

Chriss is another great athlete. He can jump out of the gym and should be able to finish some dunks. This team is missing athletic finishers and those guys could be them. Hopefully those two, Jarreau, and Dorsey/Thybulle can be a decent front court. I don't like Jarreau either, but he would really help right now. I don't expect the frontcourt to be great, but they could decent. They will certainly be more athletic.

I don't think Murray will be one and done, but he's going to be a huge upgrade over Anderson offensively. He will get double digits next year.

Obviously young players are not sure things, but UW is bringing in four top 100 players and the #1 JC PF. Murray and Chriss are top 50. This is the best class in a long time. Thybulle is an athletic wing the program has lacked for awhile, but he will probably take awhile. I think Crisp will suck as a PG, but he can really shoot and he's an older freshman so he might be able to provide some minutes.

Bottom line, next year's team will be much more athletic and have more depth. Nobody in the conference looks great besides Arizona who reloads every year. That doesn't mean Romar shouldn't be fired, but next year's team should be much better.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Any thought that a high post offense means a slow pace is FS - if you have a team that can't pass or shoot running that offense though will make that offense slow (as it will with any offensive set)
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Not much in Pool Boy's comments IMO - he prefaced it with an out - I'm surprised people are surprised by the comment
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Next year is a bit interesting because most of the depth this year returns and an influx of talent adds to the competition factor. I don't expect next season to be light years ahead of this year but it should be better. Bringing in at least 3 bigs, one whom will be a junior, will help with needed depth. But lets also not act like this season was doomed from the start. Etienne quits, Jerreau gets hurt, and Upshaw is kicked off the team. Thats 60% of your front court. 75% if you don't count Dierricxxskkxkxkxkxkxks. In a sport where tall players are a commodity, what did people expect to happen with one serviceable big on the roster in P5 conference?

Couple of other things: FUCK GONZAGA!

I remember you. You were pretty cocky on Dawgman. Fetters won't back you up here though.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Next year is a bit interesting because most of the depth this year returns and an influx of talent adds to the competition factor. I don't expect next season to be light years ahead of this year but it should be better. Bringing in at least 3 bigs, one whom will be a junior, will help with needed depth. But lets also not act like this season was doomed from the start. Etienne quits, Jerreau gets hurt, and Upshaw is kicked off the team. Thats 60% of your front court. 75% if you don't count Dierricxxskkxkxkxkxkxks. In a sport where tall players are a commodity, what did people expect to happen with one serviceable big on the roster in P5 conference?

I remember you. You were pretty cocky on Dawgman. Fetters won't back you up here though.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG
    I support HuskyHooligan

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,083
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG

You sir, are the first person to call me cocky. Official Self Esteem Report: Rising!
  • Options

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG

You sir, are the first person to call me cocky. Official Self Esteem Report: Rising!
    If you can make it 2 weeks here, you'll last a lifetime. Prepare to be basted, roasted and bbq'd. Then tell everyone to fuck off and carry on.

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hooligan is a doog for Romar. Not a good start.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Doogles said:

Hooligan is a doog for Romar. Not a good start.

Don't make them run back to DM.C that fast!
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG
    So you've laid out the FSRomar excuses for 2015. What say you share the Romar excuses in 2012, 2013 and 2014. And just for shits and giggles, lay out the excuses for 2016. Excuses work for a year or two. But 4 in a row and likely 5? That is a pattern.

Mr. Nice Guy needs to get shit canned right now.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,083
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2012 - Thats all the committee and Wroten hitting some free throws. Yeah the team could have done some things differently and pulled out some must win games (UCLA & OSU) but does anyone really think UW was the 11th or 12th best team in the Big East or 4th place team in the WCC and Mountain West?

2013 & 2014: No excuses. Poor recruiting on Romar's part. Only CJ made it worth watching, and even that was frustrating sometimes.