Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What I'm hearing

Comments

• Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

The only people that I'm seeing defending Romar at this point are those that are worried about retaining this class (which I get but is misguided) or know nothing about basketball.

These two groups you mention are one and the same.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know absolutely nothing, but I believe Romar will get to coach Murray, Chriss, and Crisp. The top 10 recruiting class is saving him, otherwise he would be door..ass..out.

I think Romar should have gotten the ax after last year. It would have been more than fair to fire him after missing three straight tournaments, especially when factoring in how bad his recruiting was that lead to those teams being so bad (besides his own coaching).
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited February 2015
    If he spirals to Owentwelve I don't think he'll survive.

5 more to go
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Should have been fired already but if he goes 1-11 or 2-10 he really should be gone. The incoming class is only a concern if you hire the wrong coach.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    section8 said:

Should have been fired already but if he goes 1-11 or 2-10 he really should be gone. The incoming class is only a concern if you hire the wrong coach.

This. If Woody is worth a damn he should be putting out feelers right now. There are plenty of coaches they could bring in and they would keep a majority of the recruits in the boat. I'm sure a few of them secretly want a new coach after watching this year.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,083
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As long as Crockett is filling his seat across the floor I don't think Romar is gone. Emmertt was at the ASU game sitting right next to Crockett, well for the first half.

My opinion here won't be popular as this seems like this board is the official "Fire Romar Circle Jerk" but I and probably a majority are willing to let him try to win with next years class. It's frustrating as hell to watch right now but most of my adolescence UW hoops was frustrating to watch (Russo, Nance, Bender).
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    edited February 2015

As long as Crockett is filling his seat across the floor I don't think Romar is gone. Emmertt was at the ASU game sitting right next to Crockett, well for the first half.

My opinion here won't be popular as this seems like this board is the official "Fire Romar Circle Jerk" but I and probably a majority are willing to let him try to win with next years class. It's frustrating as hell to watch right now but most of my adolescence UW hoops was frustrating to watch (Russo, Nance, Bender).

Worst roster in 13 years of the program. Probably one of the worst outlooks and people assume we will right the ship with freshman? If you're in favor of romar next year, you will hear the exact same mantra next year b/c freshman are not typically difference makers. Everyone remember Dorsey is a 4*, yup, savior

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The problem with this argument that he earned the right to coach the freshman class is they're, well, freshman. So next year at this time when we're fighting for a CBI spot, the new mantra is "you can't win with freshman, he needs time to let these kids mature." Even though it will be 5 years of not being in the top 68, we definitely lose Goss and good chance Murray is 1 and done. It's a vicious fucking cycle and the excuse makers allow shitty results. If Romar's not gone, Woody is back to pool boy again and he lucked out that peterman wanted to move.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Goss was a 5 star. Darin Johnson, Dorsey are 4 stars. What does it matter?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

But next year's 4-stars are going to be DIFFERENT

He won't hit me again, he's changed
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Worst roster in 13 years of the program. Probably one of the worst outlooks and people assume we will right the ship with freshman? If you're in favor of romar next year, you will hear the exact same mantra next year b/c freshman are not typically difference makers. Everyone remember Dorsey is a 4*, yup, savior

I don't think they will "right the ship", but next year's team will be much improved if NWG comes back. I would love to see what a better coach would do with next year's team. They should be pretty talented.

Both Murray and Chriss are on another level than Dorsey. Dorsey can do absolutely nothing but shoot. He could be a decent role player in a year or two though.
  • Options

I don't think they will "right the ship", but next year's team will be much improved if NWG comes back. I would love to see what a better coach would do with next year's team. They should be pretty talented.

Both Murray and Chriss are on another level than Dorsey. Dorsey can do absolutely nothing but shoot. He could be a decent role player in a year or two though.
    So not being a troll, I'd like to hear why you think there will be vast improvement next year?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Next year is a bit interesting because most of the depth this year returns and an influx of talent adds to the competition factor. I don't expect next season to be light years ahead of this year but it should be better. Bringing in at least 3 bigs, one whom will be a junior, will help with needed depth. But lets also not act like this season was doomed from the start. Etienne quits, Jerreau gets hurt, and Upshaw is kicked off the team. Thats 60% of your front court. 75% if you don't count Dierricxxskkxkxkxkxkxks. In a sport where tall players are a commodity, what did people expect to happen with one serviceable big on the roster in P5 conference?

Couple of other things: FUCK GONZAGA!
  • Options
    Did anyone ever get a good story on why Etienne quit?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Next year is a bit interesting because most of the depth this year returns and an influx of talent adds to the competition factor. I don't expect next season to be light years ahead of this year but it should be better. Bringing in at least 3 bigs, one whom will be a junior, will help with needed depth. But lets also not act like this season was doomed from the start. Etienne quits, Jerreau gets hurt, and Upshaw is kicked off the team. Thats 60% of your front court. 75% if you don't count Dierricxxskkxkxkxkxkxks. In a sport where tall players are a commodity, what did people expect to happen with one serviceable big on the roster in P5 conference?

Couple of other things: FUCK GONZAGA!

I expect a coach in his 13th year to have roster management figured out. I expect him to not extend a pac 12 offer to a 7 footer averaging a single point and rebound per game at FIU. I expect him to have created an inbound play.

I expect him to full court press with nothing but guards and speed the game up to help negate our woeful size disadvantage. He's had his time. No more apologies.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Doogles said:

Not that it changes your poont, but Goss was definitely a 4 star. I remember this clearly because butthurt doogs coudln't quit bitching to Gershon about the lack of respect.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Not that it changes your poont, but Goss was definitely a 4 star. I remember this clearly because butthurt doogs coudln't quit bitching to Gershon about the lack of respect.
    Whatever. In my mind, if you're a Mcdonalds all american you are a 5-star can't miss prospect.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

dnc said:

Doogles said:

Whatever. In my mind, if you're a Mcdonalds all american you are a 5-star can't miss prospect.
    Dont' think he's missed! haha
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

I expect a coach in his 13th year to have roster management figured out. I expect him to not extend a pac 12 offer to a 7 footer averaging a single point and rebound per game at FIU. I expect him to have created an inbound play.

I expect him to full court press with nothing but guards and speed the game up to help negate our woeful size disadvantage. He's had his time. No more apologies.

One, the roster is made up of 13 players, only a few schools around the country have 4 star players in the 13th spot. No coach in his right mind plays all 13 players in a game that isn't a blow out. But you add 7 foot nobodies for depth and scouting/practice. Again D-triple X wasn't even supposed to be in the rotation.

He has pressed and it got burned. A good press still has a big in the back to protect the rim.

Don't get me wrong, I have some issues with Romar's coaching, but I also know I've seen worse. I don't like the fact he pulls guys for missing in rhythm shots or taking shots early. I hate that he moved to a high post offense in homage to a dead and doesn't care John Wooden, that is slow. I hate that he took a roster that was developing quite nicely with minutes for everyone and then shrunk it ala George Karl playoffs and stopped playing his best shooters (Winters and Dorsey).