Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What I'm hearing

124»

Comments

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2015

2012 - Thats all the committee and Wroten hitting some free throws. Yeah the team could have done some things differently and pulled out some must win games (UCLA & OSU) but does anyone really think UW was the 11th or 12th best team in the Big East or 4th place team in the WCC and Mountain West?

2013 & 2014: No excuses. Poor recruiting on Romar's part. Only CJ made it worth watching, and even that was frustrating sometimes.

Sorry, but that's complete Bullshit. If you have beaten nobody, played like shit against anyone with a pulse, and then puke down your chest coming into the ncaa selection you have nobody to blame but yourself. It's not the committee's fault to save teams who are vomitting all over themselves. I believe that was the year where the pac12 went 0fer against out of conference Big 6 schools or something like that. It was an ugly year for the pac12.

This critique isn't singular to UW, but I love when teams bitch and moan about getting "left out". If you win enough games, especially against teams with a pulse you don't have to worry about being left out. However anytime you put it in the hands of another person, you're liable to get left off the dance card.

• Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

2012 - Thats all the committee and Wroten hitting some free throws. Yeah the team could have done some things differently and pulled out some must win games (UCLA & OSU) but does anyone really think UW was the 11th or 12th best team in the Big East or 4th place team in the WCC and Mountain West?

2013 & 2014: No excuses. Poor recruiting on Romar's part. Only CJ made it worth watching, and even that was frustrating sometimes.

Conspiracy theories are for idiots, especially in this case. The committee selected the right teams.

As for Wroten and hitting some free throws, he's been in the NBA for 3 years now, with a career FT percentage less than 65%. And for reference, his career 3 point percentage is less than 25%. Couldn't shoot worth a shit at UW, can't shoot worth a shit in the NBA.

Go back to dm.c with all the other Romar apologists/faggots. UW basketball has sucked for years now, and that is 100% Romar's fault.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sometimes?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Next year is a bit interesting because most of the depth this year returns and an influx of talent adds to the competition factor. I don't expect next season to be light years ahead of this year but it should be better. Bringing in at least 3 bigs, one whom will be a junior, will help with needed depth. But lets also not act like this season was doomed from the start. Etienne quits, Jerreau gets hurt, and Upshaw is kicked off the team. Thats 60% of your front court. 75% if you don't count Dierricxxskkxkxkxkxkxks. In a sport where tall players are a commodity, what did people expect to happen with one serviceable big on the roster in P5 conference?

Couple of other things: FUCK GONZAGA!

I remember you. You were pretty cocky on Dawgman. Fetters won't back you up here though.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG
    I support HuskyHooligan

I'll bet
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Sorry, but that's complete Bullshit. If you have beaten nobody, played like shit against anyone with a pulse, and then puke down your chest coming into the ncaa selection you have nobody to blame but yourself. It's not the committee's fault to save teams who are vomitting all over themselves. I believe that was the year where the pac12 went 0fer against out of conference Big 6 schools or something like that. It was an ugly year for the pac12.

This critique isn't singular to UW, but I love when teams bitch and moan about getting "left out". If you win enough games, especially against teams with a pulse you don't have to worry about being left out. However anytime you put it in the hands of another person, you're liable to get left off the dance card.

This. 2012 could have gone either way, but beat OR St in the Pac 12 Tournament, and you're probably in. They also blew some early OOC gaymes they should have won IIRC. Didn't some nobody team like Albany or South Dakota State beat them?

Romar has squandered chances to make the NCAA Tournament with two or more NBA players a couple of times. Maybe three times...
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    This is a hot thread

Backside intel from a decent source - if Romar doesn't make the tourney next year, he's gone. Sounds reasonable
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,083
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ah too many to address individually:

That's part of the reason 2012 was frustrating because the talent level was there, it was just super young and with young talented players, you can get greatness, or shit. But as noted it sucks the committee left them out and took another team they beat and finished ahead of in conference. South Dakota made it to the round of 32 that year and that Wolters kid was legit. If they beat Marquette in New York, they are in. Lost by what, one? I think Marquette was the Big East champion that year. Also I never said it was a conspiracy, only that the committee didn't put them in. Do I think it was a mistake, yes, but that happens every year. Results of the NIT showed the P12 was much better than the OOC season indicated.

But you asked for excuses (reread the thread) and I gave them to you. Your reaction is akin to a kid asking for an xbox for christmas, getting it, and then complaining about getting what he wanted. Buck up pal(s), your opinion isn't the only one out there, deal with it / fuck off.