Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Replacing Army in the Poinsettia Bowl is always special

13»

Comments

• Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

IMALOSER_ said:

Some crappy computer predicts the best/worst Lather.Rinse.Repeat. ever for Washington:

http://predictionmachine.com/College-Football-2013-Standings-Bowl-Picks

UCLA 6-6? They should just fire Mora now. Hiring Mora for one year and firing him worked for the Seahawks, not sure what UCLA is waiting for.

Mora lost more games each of the 4 years he coached in the NFL. Does he suffer from Neuheisalitis? I'm concerned for UCLA.
    I actually do expect UCLA to win fewer than 9 games this year:

@Nebraska
    @Stanford
    @Oregon
    @Arizona
    vs Arizona St
    @USC

If UCLA wins half of those and the six easy games on its schedule to go 9-3, Mora should be the conference COY.
    What a Broon!!!!

Already making excuses for a tough schedule.
    That's a REAL tough schedule, not the alleged tough schedules that Sark has faced.

If Sark went 9-3 against that schedule (or any schedule for that matter), I'd be impressed as well.

Keep pressing.
    You essentially posted their Pac 12 schedule.

The Noog bus would role your ass over if you tried that with Sark.

They got the four other best teams in the Pac-12 (in my opinion) all on the road plus Nebraska on the road.

Game location matters, especially when you don't have a great home field advantage of your own.

The Bruins got a break with the schedule last year and they're paying for it this year.

See, I can be realistic. I'd apply the same logic to Sark, but he goes 7-6 against so many different schedules that it's not worth the effort.
    Now there is a decent response.

Just don't let your Noog buddies see it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2013

IMALOSER_ said:

Some crappy computer predicts the best/worst Lather.Rinse.Repeat. ever for Washington:

UCLA 6-6? They should just fire Mora now. Hiring Mora for one year and firing him worked for the Seahawks, not sure what UCLA is waiting for.

Mora lost more games each of the 4 years he coached in the NFL. Does he suffer from Neuheisalitis? I'm concerned for UCLA.

@Nebraska
    @Stanford
    @Oregon
    @Arizona
    vs Arizona St
    @USC

If UCLA wins half of those and the six easy games on its schedule to go 9-3, Mora should be the conference COY.
    What a Broon!!!!

That's a REAL tough schedule, not the alleged tough schedules that Sark has faced.

If Sark went 9-3 against that schedule (or any schedule for that matter), I'd be impressed as well.

Keep pressing.

They got the four other best teams in the Pac-12 (in my opinion) all on the road plus Nebraska on the road.

Game location matters, especially when you don't have a great home field advantage of your own.

The Bruins got a break with the schedule last year and they're paying for it this year.

See, I can be realistic. I'd apply the same logic to Sark, but he goes 7-6 against so many different schedules that it's not worth the effort.
    I don't think Mora and UCLA are going to have a very good year. However, when you are pulling in monster recruiting classes full of 4 and 5 star lineman on both sides of the ball, I will cut you some slack. If Sark had been doing that, 7-6 wouldn't be bothering me as much because I would know improvement was coming.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

IMALOSER_ said:

@Nebraska
    @Stanford
    @Oregon
    @Arizona
    vs Arizona St
    @USC

What a Broon!!!!

Keep pressing.

I don't think Mora and UCLA are going to have a very good year. However, when you are pulling in monster recruiting classes full of 4 and 5 star lineman on both sides of the ball, I will cut you some slack. If Sark had been doing that, 7-6 wouldn't be bothering me as much because I would know improvement was coming.

One giant elephant in the room on UCLA is Brett Hundley. He is currently ranked as the #2 QB on the NFL draft board so he could possibly leave early after this year.

If Hundley returns though UCLA will be the favorites in the Pac-12 in 2014.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Is Hundley really that good? I know he had great #s but he did throw 11 picks and it looked to me like his throwing motion is a bit awkward. He won't have Franklin or Fauria so like Price he will face more resistance in his second season. I don't know if hes that great of a downfield passer.

Same thing with Taylor Kelly and Hogan at Stanford. People are jizzing over these guys who came out of nowhere and had good seasons. It seems awfully similar to Price. Not saying these QBs will crash and burn but I don't think they will be as good. Stanford lost all its TE's and its best WR is Montgomery who thanks to his butterfingers helped UW to win last year.
  • Options
    IMALOSER_IMALOSER_ Member Posts: 158
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

IMALOSER_ said:

@Nebraska
    @Stanford
    @Oregon
    @Arizona
    vs Arizona St
    @USC

What a Broon!!!!

Keep pressing.

One giant elephant in the room on UCLA is Brett Hundley. He is currently ranked as the #2 QB on the NFL draft board so he could possibly leave early after this year.

If Hundley returns though UCLA will be the favorites in the Pac-12 in 2014.
    I hope you meant favorites to win the South? Not sure how they leapfrog both Oregon and Stanford next year. The longer Kiffin is at USC the better UCLA will be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Is Hundley really that good? I know he had great #s but he did throw 11 picks and it looked to me like his throwing motion is a bit awkward. He won't have Franklin or Fauria so like Price he will face more resistance in his second season. I don't know if hes that great of a downfield passer.

Same thing with Taylor Kelly and Hogan at Stanford. People are jizzing over these guys who came out of nowhere and had good seasons. It seems awfully similar to Price. Not saying these QBs will crash and burn but I don't think they will be as good. Stanford lost all its TE's and its best WR is Montgomery who thanks to his butterfingers helped UW to win last year.

Look I didn't say Hundley was the #2 QB just reporting what I'm hearing.

Also Hundley is the real deal. He was a high profile recruit, produced his first year, has the size, speed, agility, strong arm. He's a lot better than Price from a pure physical standpoint.

Now I don't think Hundley would bolt as most RS sophs don't bolt with Andrew Luck being a recent example. However, if he were to bolt I wouldn't be shocked if Mora would entertain leaving as well(hopefully to Montlake).
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Is Hundley really that good?

Todd McShay has Hundley as his 7th best prospect. Not quarterback, overall prospect.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Is Hundley really that good?

Todd McShay has Hundley as his 7th best prospect. Not quarterback, overall prospect.
    McShay sucked Jack's cock after his junior year like he was Momma Lockner. I think he may have a bit of a blind spot for big, athletic QB's.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2013
    McShay had Ryan Nassif going #8 and was his #1 QB. He ended up going in the 4th round. I personally think Hundley is very good, but I don't give a shit what McShay has to say. I know it is impossible to always be right in his profession, but he's not very good at his job.

Edit: I see McShay picked Nassib to go to Buffalo which made sense considering Buffalo had recently hired Marrone as coach. Still, it look pretty bad to pick a 4th rounder #8.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

McShay had Ryan Nassif going #8 and was his #1 QB. He ended up going in the 4th round. I personally think Hundley is very good, but I don't give a shit what McShay has to say. I know it is impossible to always be right in his profession, but he's not very good at his job.

I don't think McShay is some genius but those stances on Nassib are pretty defendable.

He projected him 8th because NFL teams to retarded shit when it comes to drafting QBs. See Jack Lockner, Christian Ponder and just last year EJ Manuel.

As far him being the #1 QB, until these guys actually play that's up for debate. If it was some idiotic view I wouldn't take him seriously but saying Nassib is better then the chumps that were drafted ahead of him isn't crazy.

Hundley is thought of very highly. Being the 7th highest rated prospect is different than being the #1 rated QB in a draft with all shitty quarterbacks.