Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Replacing Army in the Poinsettia Bowl is always special

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,812
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

last time I checked it was top16. am I wrong? Would be only the second time ever and ill gladly stand corrected

Both right...

3. The champion of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, or the Sun Belt Conference (hereinafter "non-AQ group") will earn an automatic berth in a BCS bowl game if either:

A. Such team is ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings, or

B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS Standings and its ranking in the final BCS Standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls.

Dumbest. Rule. Ever.

Nobody gives a rat's ass about directional MAC schools, especially in major bowl games.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

last time I checked it was top16. am I wrong? Would be only the second time ever and ill gladly stand corrected

Both right...

3. The champion of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, or the Sun Belt Conference (hereinafter "non-AQ group") will earn an automatic berth in a BCS bowl game if either:

B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS Standings and its ranking in the final BCS Standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls.

Dumbest. Rule. Ever.

Nobody gives a rat's ass about directional MAC schools, especially in major bowl games.
    If the MAC champ is higher ranked than the AAC/ACC/Pac-12 champ, why shouldn't they get in?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,812
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Both right...

Dumbest. Rule. Ever.

If the MAC champ is higher ranked than the AAC/ACC/Pac-12 champ, why shouldn't they get in?
    A) Nine out of 10 times, the non-AQ team is overrated. Put a 10-2 or 11-1 Toledo in the B 10, 11, 12, 14 and they're 5-7 or 6-6.

B) Noone cares about Florida State against Troy, Wyoming, or NE Ohio Barber's College besides total degenerate gamblers and the annoying fags who always root for the little guy and have to let you know that at every opportunity.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Both right...

Dumbest. Rule. Ever.

A) Nine out of 10 times, the non-AQ team is overrated. Put a 10-2 or 11-1 Toledo in the B 10, 11, 12, 14 and they're 5-7 or 6-6.

B) Noone cares about Florida State against Troy, Wyoming, or NE Ohio Barber's College besides total degenerate gamblers and the annoying fags who always root for the little guy and have to let you know that at every opportunity.
    My dad used to take me to NE Ohio Barbers College games on crisp fall afternoons.

Go Fightin Shears!
  • Options
    IMALOSER_IMALOSER_ Member Posts: 158
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

Both right...

Dumbest. Rule. Ever.

I think the answer to your question is Utah.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    IMALOSER_ said:

Both right...

Dumbest. Rule. Ever.

Huh?

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=290020333
  • Options
    edited August 2013

IMALOSER_ said:

Both right...

Dumbest. Rule. Ever.

Huh?

Huh?

sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/box-score/201211100065/utah-utes--washington-huskies

sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/box-score/201111250094/colorado-buffaloes--utah-utes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

Both right...

Dumbest. Rule. Ever.

Huh?

Huh?

sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/box-score/201211100065/utah-utes--washington-huskies

sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/box-score/201111250094/colorado-buffaloes--utah-utes
    What does that Utah team have to do with being ranked in the top 16? That was a bad team that went 8-5.

I provided you a good Utah team who more than proved they belong in a BCS game.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

Both right...

Dumbest. Rule. Ever.

Huh?

Huh?

What does that Utah team have to do with being ranked in the top 16? That was a bad team that went 8-5.

That Utah team proved they belonged like UW proved they were Holiday Bowl champs against Nebraska. Check the facts.
  • Options

IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

Both right...

Dumbest. Rule. Ever.

Huh?

Huh?

Did UW prove they belonged last year when they beat Stanford?

Something about a squirrel and his nuts comes to mind.
  • Options
    Some crappy computer predicts the best/worst Lather.Rinse.Repeat. ever for Washington:

http://predictionmachine.com/College-Football-2013-Standings-Bowl-Picks
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Some crappy computer predicts the best/worst Lather.Rinse.Repeat. ever for Washington:

My NCAA 14 season tells a different story.

What happens in chat stay in chat.
  • Options

UCLA 6-6? They should just fire Mora now. Hiring Mora for one year and firing him worked for the Seahawks, not sure what UCLA is waiting for.

Mora lost more games each of the 4 years he coached in the NFL. Does he suffer from Neuheisalitis? I'm concerned for UCLA.
  • Options
    IMALOSER_ said:

UCLA 6-6? They should just fire Mora now. Hiring Mora for one year and firing him worked for the Seahawks, not sure what UCLA is waiting for.

Mora lost more games each of the 4 years he coached in the NFL. Does he suffer from Neuheisalitis? I'm concerned for UCLA.
    I actually do expect UCLA to win fewer than 9 games this year:

@Nebraska
    @Stanford
    @Oregon
    @Arizona
    vs Arizona St
    @USC

If UCLA wins half of those and the six easy games on its schedule to go 9-3, Mora should be the conference COY.
  • Options

IMALOSER_ said:

@Nebraska
    @Stanford
    @Oregon
    @Arizona
    vs Arizona St
    @USC

If UCLA wins half of those and the six easy games on its schedule to go 9-3, Mora should be the conference COY.
    What a Broon!!!!

Already making excuses for a tough schedule.
  • Options

IMALOSER_ said:

@Nebraska
    @Stanford
    @Oregon
    @Arizona
    vs Arizona St
    @USC

What a Broon!!!!

That's a REAL tough schedule, not the alleged tough schedules that Sark has faced.

If Sark went 9-3 against that schedule (or any schedule for that matter), I'd be impressed as well.

Keep pressing.
  • Options

IMALOSER_ said:

@Nebraska
    @Stanford
    @Oregon
    @Arizona
    vs Arizona St
    @USC

You expect fewer than 9 wins? I thought you were a real Bruin fan. That type of expectations would never have been accepted in the Terry Donahue Era. It's fans like you that have made Bruin Football soft. Not even a hard nosed James disciple can change the culture with fans like you.
  • Options
    IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

@Nebraska
    @Stanford
    @Oregon
    @Arizona
    vs Arizona St
    @USC

You expect fewer than 9 wins? I thought you were a real Bruin fan. That type of expectations would never have been accepted in the Terry Donahue Era. It's fans like you that have made Bruin Football soft. Not even a hard nosed James disciple can change the culture with fans like you.
    I'm not a Bruin fan. Great pressing as always though.
  • Options

IMALOSER_ said:

@Nebraska
    @Stanford
    @Oregon
    @Arizona
    vs Arizona St
    @USC

What a Broon!!!!

That's a REAL tough schedule, not the alleged tough schedules that Sark has faced.

If Sark went 9-3 against that schedule (or any schedule for that matter), I'd be impressed as well.

Keep pressing.
    You essentially posted their Pac 12 schedule.

The Noog bus would role your ass over if you tried that with Sark.

• Options

IMALOSER_ said:

@Nebraska
    @Stanford
    @Oregon
    @Arizona
    vs Arizona St
    @USC

What a Broon!!!!

Keep pressing.
    You essentially posted their Pac 12 schedule.

The Noog bus would role your ass over if you tried that with Sark.

They got the four other best teams in the Pac-12 (in my opinion) all on the road plus Nebraska on the road.

Game location matters, especially when you don't have a great home field advantage of your own.

The Bruins got a break with the schedule last year and they're paying for it this year.

See, I can be realistic. I'd apply the same logic to Sark, but he goes 7-6 against so many different schedules that it's not worth the effort.