Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tequilla's Food Thoughts of the Day - Nachos

13»

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I'm not a big guac guy ... but it's always an option for those that like it.

If you have dairy issues, my nachos aren't for you.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    I am for nachos but against star fire.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,966
    edited January 2015
    Tequilla said:

Nachos are given a bad name because of dumb fucks like F3 that overindulge in shitty nachos or any sporting event you go to to buy nachos that consist of chips and warm processed liquid cheese.

Nachos done right (the Tequilla way) include extra lean ground beef seasoned perfectly with ground cumin and whatever fucking kind of southwestern seasoning I feel like having on a given day all while simmering in onions and a margarita made with tequila, triple sec, and mix to give it a nice orange flavor. After the meat is finished, you mix in your refried beans so that you get a nice solid paste from which to layer across the chips and cheese. Bonus here being that the leftover mixture works great on either tacos later in the week or on taco salads as your protein option. ALWAYS layer more cheese on top of the meat mixture. The key to any nachos is making sure that you have great vegi options on it (i prefer the small bell peppers that you can cut super thin, jalapenos, and fresh diced tomatoes on top). Then before placing your platter into the oven, take some salsa verde and layer that on top. Remove from the oven when the cheese is melted and use low fat sour cream (because it tastes the same in this kind of setting) to help cut through the heat. IF your nachos are not of the fork and knive variety, you've completely fucked up in making your nachos.

Use this recipe and I guarantee that you will fool people into thinking that you actually know what the fuck you are doing in the kitchen.

99 cents Taco Hell Nachos Supreme:
    "ground "beef" seasoned "perfectly" " - check
    "mix in your refried beans" - check
    "layer more cheese on top of the meat mixture" - check
    "small bell peppers" - check (I think...can't tell by the picture if they are red bell peppers or tomatoes...edit looks like tomatoes but still a vegi)
    "salsa verde" - check
    "low fat sour cream" - check

Crisp, freshly prepared daily tortilla chips covered with seasoned beef, hearty beans, warm nacho cheese sauce, diced ripe tomatoes, and reduced-fat sour cream.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,681 Standard Supporter
    Fuck that.

Taco Time ALWAYS > Taco Bell.
  • RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899

Pulled pork is better for nachos IMHO.

Swap out the refried beans for whole black beans and ditch the sour cream for guacamole and we are in bidness.

Fact

if there's a little bit of BBQ sauce on the nachos too.. all the better
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,609
    They are wearing heels which means they are temporarily increasing their height to make their ass and legs look even better. HTH

HFNY said:

Tequilla, when are you having a Hardcore Husky party...how about when it's time to celebrate our off-season natty?

Here's a pic from my party last year but it sounds like you are truly the BBQ and Nacho master:

Serious question, do you have a fetish for giraffes?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    I like fajita nachos
    Who would have thought that a thread about nachos would create such a buzz on HH?
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    DJ should start a food/entertainment forum

In the meantime, check out Cooking for BAE, bad food + confidence = struggle plates

http://instagram.com/cookingforbae

Tequilla said:

Nachos are given a bad name because of dumb fucks like F3 that overindulge in shitty nachos or any sporting event you go to to buy nachos that consist of chips and warm processed liquid cheese.

Nachos done right (the Tequilla way) include extra lean ground beef seasoned perfectly with ground cumin and whatever fucking kind of southwestern seasoning I feel like having on a given day all while simmering in onions and a margarita made with tequila, triple sec, and mix to give it a nice orange flavor. After the meat is finished, you mix in your refried beans so that you get a nice solid paste from which to layer across the chips and cheese. Bonus here being that the leftover mixture works great on either tacos later in the week or on taco salads as your protein option. ALWAYS layer more cheese on top of the meat mixture. The key to any nachos is making sure that you have great vegi options on it (i prefer the small bell peppers that you can cut super thin, jalapenos, and fresh diced tomatoes on top). Then before placing your platter into the oven, take some salsa verde and layer that on top. Remove from the oven when the cheese is melted and use low fat sour cream (because it tastes the same in this kind of setting) to help cut through the heat. IF your nachos are not of the fork and knive variety, you've completely fucked up in making your nachos.

Use this recipe and I guarantee that you will fool people into thinking that you actually know what the fuck you are doing in the kitchen.

How in the fuck is there a thread about Nachos and no one told me?

Mods?

Devs?
    Because I don't expect you to be a connoisseur of the finer things in life.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

Tequilla said:

Mods?

Devs?
    you could always start a pole featuring the best canned nacho cheese brands.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Mods?

Devs?
    you could always start a pole featuring the best canned nacho cheese brands.
    Easily Que Bueno