Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tequilla's Food Thoughts of the Day - Nachos

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
edited January 2015 in Tug Tavern
Nachos are given a bad name because of dumb fucks like F3 that overindulge in shitty nachos or any sporting event you go to to buy nachos that consist of chips and warm processed liquid cheese.

Nachos done right (the Tequilla way) include extra lean ground beef seasoned perfectly with ground cumin and whatever fucking kind of southwestern seasoning I feel like having on a given day all while simmering in onions and a margarita made with tequila, triple sec, and mix to give it a nice orange flavor. After the meat is finished, you mix in your refried beans so that you get a nice solid paste from which to layer across the chips and cheese. Bonus here being that the leftover mixture works great on either tacos later in the week or on taco salads as your protein option. ALWAYS layer more cheese on top of the meat mixture. The key to any nachos is making sure that you have great vegi options on it (i prefer the small bell peppers that you can cut super thin, jalapenos, and fresh diced tomatoes on top). Then before placing your platter into the oven, take some salsa verde and layer that on top. Remove from the oven when the cheese is melted and use low fat sour cream (because it tastes the same in this kind of setting) to help cut through the heat. IF your nachos are not of the fork and knive variety, you've completely fucked up in making your nachos.

Use this recipe and I guarantee that you will fool people into thinking that you actually know what the fuck you are doing in the kitchen.

Comments

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,313
    inquiring minds want to know, are you of the philosophy of doctoring up each chip individually or a mountain of chips ad hoc?

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Blackie said:

Chorizo > ground beef.
    Simple fact.

Chorizo will be a discussion point in my next installment
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    favorite chip for nachos? I'm digging Juanitas these days.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Sounds like a one way trip to shitting your intestines out for the rest of the evening (ILTCITE).
    Tostitos regular ... don't get the lime bullshit for that.

I'm a big fan of Jaunitas chips ... but you have to be careful of chips when you bake them because some can get too soft and/or oily.

As for shitting your intestines out ... that is what normally happens when you have shit food with shit ingredients.

One last thing ... anybody that uses canned or jarred jalapenos should DIAFF.
    Tequilla said:

Tostitos regular ... don't get the lime bullshit for that.

I'm a big fan of Jaunitas chips ... but you have to be careful of chips when you bake them because some can get too soft and/or oily.

As for shitting your intestines out ... that is what normally happens when you have shit food with shit ingredients.

One last thing ... anybody that uses canned or jarred jalapenos should DIAFF.

Broil son. Melt the cheese and eat. No need to cook it on low heat.
    edited January 2015
    Never been a big fan of broiling ...

Personal preferences for all.

The major benefit that I see with a slow bake on lower heat (325 or so) is that it gives time for the flavors to marinate together while baking.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,313
    i dont know what all this shitting talk is about... nachos are gluten free

and broil is the only way to go, otherwise the cheese will sweat
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    You lost all credibility with your margarita preference. A great margarita consists of tequilla, fresh lime juice, and pure agave syrup. That triple sec and mix is for the tourists. You're better than that.
    Doogles said:

You lost all credibility with your margarita preference. A great margarita consists of tequilla, fresh lime juice, and pure agave syrup. That triple sec and mix is for the tourists. You're better than that.

Triple Sec and Mix is perfect for mass consumption ... when I make margaritas, I'm normally making them for the masses.

From time to time grand mariner makes an appearance

There are always fresh limes that are first squeezed and put into the bottom of any first edition margarita.

My mix portions are 1/2 tequila (I prefer clear tequila to gold tequila), 1/4 triple sec, 1/4 mix.

I've never used agave syrup ... I'll mess around with that one.
    Fucking offseason!
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,609
    Tequilla, when are you having a Hardcore Husky party...how about when it's time to celebrate our off-season natty?

Here's a pic from my party last year but it sounds like you are truly the BBQ and Nacho master:

My party isn't as good as yours ...

Kudos for the good old school Weber ... a true classic.
    I'm also a so-so steak cooker ... I don't cook it much. Above average when it comes to consuming and knowing what a good steak looks and tastes like.

When I BBQ, it's normally chicken.

My bread and butter specialty is cooking mexican food ... the 8 years in Texas paid off quite well in that regard.
    edited January 2015
    Tequilla said:

I'm also a so-so steak cooker ... I don't cook it much. Above average when it comes to consuming and knowing what a good steak looks and tastes like.

My bread and butter specialty is cooking mexican food ... the 8 years in Texas paid off quite well in that regard.

I love me some Mexican. Basically raised on it here in California and I can't get enough. Burns more in the exit than the entry, but what are you going to do?
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

I love me some Mexican. Basically raised on it here in California and I can't get enough. Burns more in the exit than the entry, but what are you going to do?
    I've never felt the burning with Mexican food if the food is done right ... only when it's crappy Mexican with too much artificial heat.
    Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

I've never felt the burning with Mexican food if the food is done right ... only when it's crappy Mexican with too much artificial heat.
    I suffer from self inflicting pain. If it's not scorching I can't taste it. I've had some great food that tastes bland because of lack of heat. Best hot sauce is sriracha. Green tobasco is good when you want that vinegar high. Cholula is much greater than tapa tio.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Is this your new niche Tequilla? Stick to it as politics and football didnt bring much to the dinner table