Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hey Snark, nice job passing on Crichton

2»

Comments

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Chricton did sack the QB on 3rd down against OSU, putting them in 4th and 20 or 25. He initially got pushed so far out of the play but when Vaz was moving around in the pocket he moved in Chricton's direction leaving him wide open for a sack.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Chricton did sack the QB on 3rd down against OSU, putting them in 4th and 20 or 25. He initially got pushed so far out of the play but when Vaz was moving around in the pocket he moved in Chricton's direction leaving him wide open for a sack.

Blind squirrel found a nut.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Talia Crichton > Scott Crichton. Simple fact.

Talia is likely the worst multi year starter I have ever seen at UW. Can anyone think of anyone less productive at their position, ever?

Chris Massey?

He was bad, but I think Crichton was much worse. When Massey messed up, the whole crowd saw it. Crichton just skated around, did nothing, and fans were oblivious to the fact he sucked on every play.
    I'm not arguing. Massey's just the only guy I can think of who was in his stratosphere. At least Massey was always in good position, he just never seemed to make the play. I don't think he started nearly as many games as Talia did either.
    You nailed it. Massey really wasn't that bad, but he did have about the worst ball skills of any DB this side of Quentin Richardson.

All of the freshman DB's in 2000 looked like they had bright futures. Derrick Johnson, Roc Alexander, Massey, Greg Carothers, and Jimmy Newell all played well when called upon. All of them seemed to get worse as their careers went on except for Johnson. Some of it was injuries, but the development during the late RN to Gilby years was terrible. Alexander seemed like a surefire star in 2000, but ended up having a pretty disappointing career.

Has the whole world gone crazy? Massey wasn't that bad? If by not that bad you mean the worst cornerback of all time then yeah not that bad. Teams threw at him every single time he came on the field, over and over again. He single handedly lost the Texas Holiday Bowl. He was the worst player UW has ever had and its not even close.
    You obviously never watched Quentin Richardson, Tripper Johnson, Johri Fogerson at safety, Darin Harris, I could go on and on.

Yes, the Holiday Bowl was bad, and Massey wasn't very good. I don't disagree with that. He had more good games than Crichton though. He was car from the only DB that sucked during his time. Jimmy Newell was just as bad, if not worse.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    I think Hansen is coaching the RBs, which is a bigger fucking joke.

JT was the man.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I think Hansen is coaching the RBs, which is a bigger fucking joke.

JT was the man.

Correct. Please pray for Cooper's ACLs.

http://www.gohuskies.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=30200&SPID=126613&SPSID=749529
  • BAMAdawg10BAMAdawg10 Member Posts: 145

Talia Crichton > Scott Crichton. Simple fact.

Talia is likely the worst multi year starter I have ever seen at UW. Can anyone think of anyone less productive at their position, ever?

Chris Massey?

He was bad, but I think Crichton was much worse. When Massey messed up, the whole crowd saw it. Crichton just skated around, did nothing, and fans were oblivious to the fact he sucked on every play.
    I'm not arguing. Massey's just the only guy I can think of who was in his stratosphere. At least Massey was always in good position, he just never seemed to make the play. I don't think he started nearly as many games as Talia did either.
    You nailed it. Massey really wasn't that bad, but he did have about the worst ball skills of any DB this side of Quentin Richardson.

All of the freshman DB's in 2000 looked like they had bright futures. Derrick Johnson, Roc Alexander, Massey, Greg Carothers, and Jimmy Newell all played well when called upon. All of them seemed to get worse as their careers went on except for Johnson. Some of it was injuries, but the development during the late RN to Gilby years was terrible. Alexander seemed like a surefire star in 2000, but ended up having a pretty disappointing career.

Has the whole world gone crazy? Massey wasn't that bad? If by not that bad you mean the worst cornerback of all time then yeah not that bad. Teams threw at him every single time he came on the field, over and over again. He single handedly lost the Texas Holiday Bowl. He was the worst player UW has ever had and its not even close.
    Bad, yes. Worse than Crichton, no. Massey had some good games, but like many players over the years got worse as the years past. Massey actually had a very good Rose Bowl game and was part of a pretty good secondary that year. Massey's legacy is the Holiday Bowl, but he did make some good plays over the years.

Crichton had ZERO good games and made no good plays, ever. He started bad and stayed bad.
    IrishDawg?? True????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    What about Ben Ossai or Cody Habben? I think they were 3 or 4 year starters who sucked as well.

Chrichton was terrible and never became good yet was always a starter.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    Massey had a few good games but he spent most of his career getting toasted. Crichton, however, spent the majority of his career (when he wasn't injured) greasing himself up with Aunt Jemima before he turned into a perpetual pancake on the DL.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Since you all seem to insist that Massey had good games lets watch the only game someone has specifically pointed to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=anwnX8vsOxY

Here's the highlights.

24:50 pass interference against Massey
    26:45 Massey gives up completion on 3rd down for first down in red zone
    29:10 Massey gives up a touchdown on 3rd and goal
    An entire touchdown drive brought to you by Chris Massey

41 UW is in zone, Purdue throws to Masseys side of the field 2 straight times both times wide open, one complete one incomplete

43:45 Massey gets beat but Brees over throws the ball in the end zone

44:15 UW is in a zone but they complete a pass on 3rd and 10 with 40 seconds left in the half from around UWs 30, Massey is the closest defender

44:50 UW is in zone Brees misses wide open Southerland for a touchdown, Massey is the closest defender

Halftime

53:45 UW is in zone, throws at Massey on 3rd and 10, easy first down

102:15 Brees throws at Omare Lowe for the first time that I can remember, he knocks the ball down

127:45 Brees scrambles finds an open Southerland who's being covered by Massey, bobbles the ball on the sideline no catch

129:40 Massey gets beasted 20 yards down field on a 4th and 1, 40 yard TD run, he's the last man to beat because he got blocked so far downfield and misses the tackle

135:10 the first time Massey causes an incompletion. The wr also slipped and fell, so there's that.

142:45 2 and a half minutes left 4th and 1 from our own 45 up by 10, Rick goes for it and Tui gets it. God damn I loved that team.

Ball game. Not much action in the second half, UW had the ball for like 22 minutes of it and ran for over 200 yards in the half. Please tell me more about how Chris Massey had good games.
    @Kobeanalrapist- I love the factual post. Don't get me wrong, Massey wasn't very good. I still think he was better than Trooper, and some other clowns still through out there. At least I could find some nice plays by Massey. Crichton sucked all four years. For fucks sake, Crichton was a 3.5 year starter and had worse stats than Jamora did his freshman year.

Since you all seem to insist that Massey had good games lets watch the only game someone has specifically pointed to.

Here's the highlights.

41 UW is in zone, Purdue throws to Masseys side of the field 2 straight times both times wide open, one complete one incomplete

44:15 UW is in a zone but they complete a pass on 3rd and 10 with 40 seconds left in the half from around UWs 30, Massey is the closest defender

44:50 UW is in zone Brees misses wide open Southerland for a touchdown, Massey is the closest defender

Halftime

102:15 Brees throws at Omare Lowe for the first time that I can remember, he knocks the ball down

127:45 Brees scrambles finds an open Southerland who's being covered by Massey, bobbles the ball on the sideline no catch

129:40 Massey gets beasted 20 yards down field on a 4th and 1, 40 yard TD run, he's the last man to beat because he got blocked so far downfield and misses the tackle

135:10 the first time Massey causes an incompletion. The wr also slipped and fell, so there's that.

142:45 2 and a half minutes left 4th and 1 from our own 45 up by 10, Rick goes for it and Tui gets it. God damn I loved that team.

Ball game. Not much action in the second half, UW had the ball for like 22 minutes of it and ran for over 200 yards in the half. Please tell me more about how Chris Massey had good games.

Yea this forum has had some bad moments in the past day with saying Carl Bonnell wasn't that bad and now defending Massey???

I can't wait to hear how Gaddy wasn't that terrible and Mike Jensen was solid. How Ronnie Fouch wasn't really that shitty.

Massey was terrible and I remember thinking that year why is he playing over Vontoure? Then a few years later we all found out why.

He was so bad in 2002 Rick stopped playing him and converted WR Wilbur Hooks to corner and even had Reggie playing goal line corner against WSU.
    edited August 2013

Here's the highlights.

Halftime

Yea this forum has had some bad moments in the past day with saying Carl Bonnell wasn't that bad and now defending Massey???

I can't wait to hear how Gaddy wasn't that terrible and Mike Jensen was solid. How Ronnie Fouch wasn't really that shitty.

Massey was terrible and I remember thinking that year why is he playing over Vontoure? Then a few years later we all found out why.

He was so bad in 2002 Rick stopped playing him and converted WR Wilbur Hooks to corner and even had Reggie playing goal line corner against WSU.
    I don't think anyone said Massey was good. It was just that he wasn't as bad as Crichton. Hillsboro said, Massey wasn't that bad, just he never made a play on the ball. I agreed with that and added Massey was a prime example of a guy who got worse as time went on. He wasn't the only contributor from the 2000 team who shared the same fate (wasn't quite as bad). Maybe an 11-1 Rose Bowl season made us think Massey was better than he was, but he was much better than Crichton. The Carl Bonnell defending is much worse IMO.

Here's the highlights.

Halftime

I don't think anyone said Massey was good. It was just that he wasn't as bad as Crichton. Hillsboro said, Massey wasn't that bad, just he never made a play on the ball. I agreed with that and added Massey was a prime example of a guy who got worse as time went on. He wasn't the only contributor from the 2000 team who shared the same fate (wasn't quite as bad). Maybe an 11-1 Rose Bowl season made us think Massey was better than he was, but he was much better than Crichton. The Carl Bonnell defending is much worse IMO.

A big chunk of those young contributors on that Rose Bowl team did appear to get worse or never improve.

Massey, Roc Alexander, Rich Alexis, Justin Robbins, Wilbur Hooks, Greg Carothers off the top of my head were guys who played as frosh on a Rose Bowl title team and didn't do shit after that.

By the time they were seniors most of those guys were already benched or in the case of Alexis most fans couldn't wait until he was gone.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,399 Founders Club

Here's the highlights.

Halftime

passive aggressive
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Here's the highlights.

Halftime

No causation. Also, you never mention the times Massey was right.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,715 Founders Club

Puppylove, always bitching, sometimes right, mostly exaggerated, mostly wrong, but always entertaining. Like somebody suffering from a combination of bipolar disorder and turrets.

Poast moar