Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    "Not that this increase in drilling has anything to do with the President’s policies. Quite the contrary, he has been historically negligent in issuing permits for drilling on federal land and off shore. He has opposed efforts to open up Alaska drilling and will probably veto the Keystone pipeline."

Everything good, Republicans are the cause. Got it.

"As Ronald Reagan said “facts are stubborn things.” The fact is that, back in 2008, Republicans were right about drilling and Democrats were wrong."

There is my hero!!!! I approve this message.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

"Not that this increase in drilling has anything to do with the President’s policies. Quite the contrary, he has been historically negligent in issuing permits for drilling on federal land and off shore. He has opposed efforts to open up Alaska drilling and will probably veto the Keystone pipeline."

"As Ronald Reagan said “facts are stubborn things.” The fact is that, back in 2008, Republicans were right about drilling and Democrats were wrong."

You are projecting a lot of your own political baggage into this one link. The fact is that gas prices are down, correct? And in this particular case, had we not drilled to create our own supply, prices would still be high, right?

That's all this is saying.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

But how are you a partisan hack?
  • Options

2001400ex said:

You are projecting a lot of your own political baggage into this one link. The fact is that gas prices are down, correct? And in this particular case, had we not drilled to create our own supply, prices would still be high, right?

This is saying a lot more than that. Domestic production of oil decreased 7 of 8 years under Bush and conservative rule. Then goes up every year under Obama. Yet the article says Obama has nothing to do with it and actually says Obama is making it more difficult.

Curious, why don't I see and article on that website that says "GOP was wrong about ACA"? Given that they stated for years that the ACA would crater the economy and would cause massive layoffs. Has that happened yet?

You know what this proves? All politicians are full of shit.
  • Options

The fact of the matter is you had very high Oil prices over the last 10 years. That causes an increase in exploration & drilling and eventually supply. Not right away but eventually. Thats why domestic production has boomed. Its not a GOP/Obama/Bush thing.

Dick Morris is one of the most disgraceful partisan pundits out there. Obama is a douchebag. The end.

Yeah there's more to it than just supply and demand. The value of the dollar is a key component as well. The dollar has been going up versus other currencies which drives the price down.

But yes, OPEC wanted to drive the price down so they kept drilling. Which also affected the price.

Then there's the speculators which also drive up the price.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Honda. Just. Stop.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Lost in all of this.

Is the free market wins.

Money is flowing into fracking and oil, because that is what the market demands.

Meanwhile the government continues to try and fund solar panels on houses, and wind farms.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And its like a pay raise for the middle class who have to commute. Obama is on record as wanting 5 dollar a gallon gas but he is for the little guy

Allegedly
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Also lost in this, is that Arabs lose. That's always a good thing.
  • Options

And its like a pay raise for the middle class who have to commute. Obama is on record as wanting 5 9 dollar a gallon gas but he is for the little guy

Allegedly

• Options

Also lost in this, is that Arabs lose. That's always a good thing.

How does the Royal Family lose? Perhaps you can 'splain it to me.
  • Options
    Citrus4TroogsCitrus4Troogs Member Posts: 248
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I'll be an Economist superiority thread-jack guy for those who find this type of bullshit partisan squabbling distasteful/unhelpful; this week's issue has a really interesting section on what's going to happen with energy in the near future:

Linky Linky

TL, DR: Innovations and improvements to our infrastructure for storing and distributing power are going to make a much bigger difference to how the next decade plays out vs. whether or not we should pump oil or how our power should be generated.

Those uninterested in economic reality need not click

There are more articles about this stuff from this report on the site, but you hit a paywall after three clicks.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

This is saying a lot more than that. Domestic production of oil decreased 7 of 8 years under Bush and conservative rule. Then goes up every year under Obama. Yet the article says Obama has nothing to do with it and actually says Obama is making it more difficult.

Curious, why don't I see and article on that website that says "GOP was wrong about ACA"? Given that they stated for years that the ACA would crater the economy and would cause massive layoffs. Has that happened yet?

Uh, its been a year. Like most policies EX, they effect the next president. Being you've only been alive through 2 presidents , it's hard to understand. Check back in 24 years or so.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Uh, its been a year. Like most policies EX, they effect the next president. Being you've only been alive through 2 presidents , it's hard to understand. Check back in 24 years or so.
    Yet you say Obama was the cause of a recession that started a full 13 months before Obama was inaugurated. Fuck you are stupid.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

And its like a pay raise for the middle class who have to commute. Obama is on record as wanting 5 dollar a gallon gas but he is for the little guy

Allegedly

Obama, after taking credit for the drop in gas prices, said the average family would save $750/year at the pump. WTF? Are we a nation of long haul truckers?
  • Options
    HuskyInAZ said:

Allegedly

Obama, after taking credit for the drop in gas prices, said the average family would save $750/year at the pump. WTF? Are we a nation of long haul truckers?
    12,000 miles a year at 25 miles per gallon, $3.50 a gallon is $1,680. $1.75 a gallon is $840 for a savings of $840. Are you really that hard up to hate Obama you can't even use calculator?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015
    2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Allegedly

12,000 miles a year at 25 miles per gallon, $3.50 a gallon is $1,680. $1.75 a gallon is $840 for a savings of $840. Are you really that hard up to hate Obama you can't even use calculator?
    I was paying damn near 5 bucks a gallon living in Santa Barbara for a truck getting maybe 20 mpg if I drove like a nun. Having gas reduced to about 3.50 in the Bay has singlehandedly paid for my Booze and Blow.

The fact you guys are paying under 2 bucks is mind blowing to me.

Edit: Just did a little research and the #1 most expensive gas in the U.S is Santa Barbara followed by San Francisco at #2. Maybe I deserve a gooch punch for my living choices.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    When obama took office in December of 2008, gas prices were around $1.60/gallon. Today, the gas prices are around $1.90/gallon. Please enlighten me how the average American family is better off.