Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

GOP Was Right On Oil Drilling

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Oil is such a blight on the land

You're right, so much worse than this.

That will be contained, cleaned and removed. The desert is ruined and the birds are killed daily by windmills that need oil to be produced and transported here from China.

But still
    Excuse me, what is being imported from China?
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

That will be contained, cleaned and removed. The desert is ruined and the birds are killed daily by windmills that need oil to be produced and transported here from China.

But still
    Well I'm glad that you recognize our economy is inherently damaging to ecosystems. About oil spill cleanup though, it's still largely a crapshoot with even the best funded operations struggling to find successful resolutions; there's still ongoing cleanup from the Valdez spill, twenty-five years later. This explains problems BP had when using dispersants in the Deepwater Horizon spill. adn.com/article/20150118/chemical-dispersants-deserve-critical-examination-alaskans
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So the question is.....

Do we kill the dolphins or kill the birds?

I vote abundance. Dolphins are not much to eat, birds shit on my car and I like cheap power.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

When obama took office in December of 2008, gas prices were around $1.60/gallon. Today, the gas prices are around $1.90/gallon. Please enlighten me how the average American family is better off.

Don't be a twister. First, Obama didn't take office is 2008. Second, there was a crash in prices just before took office. The highest gas prices ever were in July of 2008. They spiked then crashed. So stop twisting.
    Sure, Obama took office in January of 2009. Should BHO take credit for the crash before he was elected? I used December 2008 because it was easy to find EOY gas prices. After digging a bit more, gas prices in January of 2009 were $1.84 per gallon. Doesn't change the fact that none of us pay less for gas today than the day BHO took over the White House.

Being the President during the most recent rise and fall of gas prices, yet taking credit for only the fall......typical political BS. That goes for both democrats and republicans.

It's right up there with taking credit for the record number of college graduates, but failing to mention that federal student loans have doubled in the past 6 years. Or proclaiming the virtues of 10 million new insured Americans, yet ignoring the fact that it's on the backs of middle class American's paying for it via skyrocketing deductibles.
    http://zfacts.com/gas-price-history-graph

And it was $4.38 in July of 2008, like i said you are twisting facts.

Same as you saying deductibles are skyrocketing. Complete bullshit. Insurance costs have increased slower than they have in a long time.
    Deductibles don't show up as insurance costs, turbo. And please clarify where I twisted one single fact (other than December 2008).

My issue is that all of this healthcare, higher education, etc......it's doing nothing but trying to hide tax increases.
    Deductibles are factored in when comparing insurance costs. Sorry your news source tells you that.

I posted a link that shows exactly how you twisted a fact. Discussing gas prices on the day Obama was inaugurated is silly without taking into account the average price the outdoor few years. I know you'd prefer the 800,000 jobs we were losing a month when Obama took over. But somehow that was Obama's fault too?

Hidden tax increases? Tax increases are pretty transparent. And unless you make over $250k a year, I wouldn't worry about no stinkin tax increases.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Deductibles are factored in when comparing insurance costs. Sorry your news source tells you that.

I posted a link that shows exactly how you twisted a fact. Discussing gas prices on the day Obama was inaugurated is silly without taking into account the average price the outdoor few years. I know you'd prefer the 800,000 jobs we were losing a month when Obama took over. But somehow that was Obama's fault too?

Hidden tax increases? Tax increases are pretty transparent. And unless you make over $250k a year, I wouldn't worry about no stinkin tax increases.

It depends how they're presented and which groups are being evaluated (healthier people vs sicker people).

Often times, the numbers that people use to compare insurance plans are the monthly premiums, coinsurance and prescription copay rather than deductibles. They look at what they pay each month and what they'll pay each time they see a physician or get a prescription filled. Many don't realize how the plans are structured and many people go for the high deductible plans because the other values are so low. This was observed when people were signing up for the exchanges in the first year, which is favorable for the healthy people (they see the doctor less, have fewer prescriptions) than the sick people (they blow through their deductible, then continue to pay for each visit and prescription).
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

When obama took office in December of 2008, gas prices were around $1.60/gallon. Today, the gas prices are around $1.90/gallon. Please enlighten me how the average American family is better off.

Don't be a twister. First, Obama didn't take office is 2008. Second, there was a crash in prices just before took office. The highest gas prices ever were in July of 2008. They spiked then crashed. So stop twisting.
    Sure, Obama took office in January of 2009. Should BHO take credit for the crash before he was elected? I used December 2008 because it was easy to find EOY gas prices. After digging a bit more, gas prices in January of 2009 were $1.84 per gallon. Doesn't change the fact that none of us pay less for gas today than the day BHO took over the White House.

Being the President during the most recent rise and fall of gas prices, yet taking credit for only the fall......typical political BS. That goes for both democrats and republicans.

It's right up there with taking credit for the record number of college graduates, but failing to mention that federal student loans have doubled in the past 6 years. Or proclaiming the virtues of 10 million new insured Americans, yet ignoring the fact that it's on the backs of middle class American's paying for it via skyrocketing deductibles.

Same as you saying deductibles are skyrocketing. Complete bullshit. Insurance costs have increased slower than they have in a long time.
    Deductibles don't show up as insurance costs, turbo. And please clarify where I twisted one single fact (other than December 2008).

My issue is that all of this healthcare, higher education, etc......it's doing nothing but trying to hide tax increases.

Exactly how can deductibles be "factored in"? I know, I know, details. But I'd love to understand. Please enlighten me.

How about BHO's gloating about more college graduates than ever. That may be true. But did he mention that federal student debt has doubled under his watch to around $1.2 trillion dollars? Nope. All is good with the world, right? The student loan BS combined with skyrocketing tuition is clearly a tax on young people. If you can't see that, then there's no use debating.

Tax increases are far from transparent. Obamacare and the student loan debacle are clear tax increases on a couple of targeted demographics.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Exactly how can deductibles be "factored in"? I know, I know, details. But I'd love to understand. Please enlighten me.

How about BHO's gloating about more college graduates than ever. That may be true. But did he mention that federal student debt has doubled under his watch to around $1.2 trillion dollars? Nope. All is good with the world, right? The student loan BS combined with skyrocketing tuition is clearly a tax on young people. If you can't see that, then there's no use debating.

Tax increases are far from transparent. Obamacare and the student loan debacle are clear tax increases on a couple of targeted demographics.
    They try to use comparable plans when calculating health insurance increases. How hard is that to understand? I know your news source likes to spout that talking point, doesn't make it true.

And you are repeating right wing talking points. Got any original thoughts? When you discuss student loan debt, why don't you discuss positive in the economy as well? There are plenty is you want to look at them.

Yes, tax increases are transparent. Do you think the republican Congress will let any tax increase go through without bringing up every tax increase? Geez your lack of common sense is amazing.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam

But still
    Well I'm glad that you recognize our economy is inherently damaging to ecosystems. About oil spill cleanup though, it's still largely a crapshoot with even the best funded operations struggling to find successful resolutions; there's still ongoing cleanup from the Valdez spill, twenty-five years later. This explains problems BP had when using dispersants in the Deepwater Horizon spill. adn.com/article/20150118/chemical-dispersants-deserve-critical-examination-alaskans
    I just don't whine and cry abut a product that I use every day and that has been a miracle for mankind but then again I'm not a millennial. The oil industry besides being vital is highly regulated and held accountable for all damage it does. Nothing will ever be fail safe.

Wind power is an expensive and ugly boondoggle that brings nothing to us but dead birds and ugly landscape.

But still

"our economy is inherently damaging to our ecosystems"

Kill yourself and help the rest of us out
  • Options

But still
    I just don't whine and cry abut a product that I use every day and that has been a miracle for mankind but then again I'm not a millennial. The oil industry besides being vital is highly regulated and held accountable for all damage it does. Nothing will ever be fail safe.

Wind power is an expensive and ugly boondoggle that brings nothing to us but dead birds and ugly landscape.

But still

Wind power. I sure do hate free energy from ugly towers in the middle of no where. You gonna live outside of ellensburg??
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

ATTN MODS: I am in favor of adding a minimum IQ level for posting members.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

ATTN MODS: I am in favor of adding a minimum IQ level for posting members.
    Well I had some hookers and blow while i typed that. Get through a couple autocorrects and you should be able to get the point
  • Options
    Have you ever stopped and wondered why you have such deep rooted sexual deviancy and drug problems... and no job... at such a young age?
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

They try to use comparable plans when calculating health insurance increases. How hard is that to understand? I know your news source likes to spout that talking point, doesn't make it true.

And you are repeating right wing talking points. Got any original thoughts? When you discuss student loan debt, why don't you discuss positive in the economy as well? There are plenty is you want to look at them.

Yes, tax increases are transparent. Do you think the republican Congress will let any tax increase go through without bringing up every tax increase? Geez your lack of common sense is amazing.
    Grow up, you naive little POS. I don't get my information from a particular news agency. Nor do I subscribe to a particular political affiliation. I do, though, attempt to plow through the BS to make some sense out of the world we live in.

Tell me about your health care costs over the past 6 years, assuming you're not still on mommy & daddy's plan. How's that working for ya? And do you have kids in college, living through the cluster fuck of higher education costs?

My guess is that you live in your own little utopia, upstairs in your parents house (the basement is reserved for the HHB crowd), where energy grows on trees, health care is free and $40K in student debt for a 4 year degree is no big deal.

And if you can't see how obamacare and student loans/tuition costs are, at the end of the day, a targeted tax, then I suggest you stay in school and brush up on your learning.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Grow up, you naive little POS. I don't get my information from a particular news agency. Nor do I subscribe to a particular political affiliation. I do, though, attempt to plow through the BS to make some sense out of the world we live in.

Tell me about your health care costs over the past 6 years, assuming you're not still on mommy & daddy's plan. How's that working for ya? And do you have kids in college, living through the cluster fuck of higher education costs?

My guess is that you live in your own little utopia, upstairs in your parents house (the basement is reserved for the HHB crowd), where energy grows on trees, health care is free and $40K in student debt for a 4 year degree is no big deal.

And if you can't see how obamacare and student loans/tuition costs are, at the end of the day, a targeted tax, then I suggest you stay in school and brush up on your learning.
    Well 3 and 4 years ago, I was self employed and through the state plan (not subsidized as I'm over income) for $350 a month, it didn't cover much. I got on a plan with my firm over two years ago, which went up 5% last year and this year didn't go up. We have 4,000 employees so a lot of bargaining power.

I mean, my mommy pays for my insurance and I live with my two dads 81% of the time. Yeah in my basement with sweatpants on. And a boner.

And yes, you repeat the exact same shit I hear on fox news, from Rush, and read on web sites like the daily caller. And it's bullshit. You see, you need to go to a variety of sites and make an independent decision.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Well 3 and 4 years ago, I was self employed and through the state plan (not subsidized as I'm over income) for $350 a month, it didn't cover much. I got on a plan with my firm over two years ago, which went up 5% last year and this year didn't go up. We have 4,000 employees so a lot of bargaining power.

I mean, my mommy pays for my insurance and I live with my two dads 81% of the time. Yeah in my basement with sweatpants on. And a boner.

And yes, you repeat the exact same shit I hear on fox news, from Rush, and read on web sites like the daily caller. And it's bullshit. You see, you need to go to a variety of sites and make an independent decision.
    You're a fucking dumbshit.

That's all.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/01/01/middle-class-workers-struggle-to-pay-for-care-despite-insurance/19841235/
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Reading through your drivel, you are a young, single guy who works for a big company, proud to be on your own. Lemmings unite. But you really are naive. Obamacare and student loans/tuition costs are nothing more than a hypothetical to you. To me, a self-employed married guy with 2 kids in college, those issues are clear as could be. They are both a tax wrapped in political BS.

As for Fox News, Rush, Daily Caller......I watch Fox News about as often as I watch CNN (rarely), never listened to Rush and have no idea who or what the Daily Caller is. I tend to get news on Google and Yahoo, then dig deeper. And as you know, both of those sites are liberal as hell.

Enlighten me on the "variety of sites" that have shaped your "independent view".
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

But still

But still

Fish on.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

But still

But still

Wind power. I sure do hate free energy from ugly towers in the middle of no where. You gonna live outside of ellensburg??
    So is free power another fish on moment or are you really this stupid?

The desert at Palm Springs is hardly the middle of nowhere nor is it ugly. Neither is the land between the 5 and SF. But please keep sharing your wisdom with us.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheGlove said:

But still
    Excuse me, what is being imported from China?
    I've seen them stacked at the port of Olympia fresh off the boat
  • Options