Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

GOP Was Right On Oil Drilling

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    HuskyInAZ said:

When obama took office in December of 2008, gas prices were around $1.60/gallon. Today, the gas prices are around $1.90/gallon. Please enlighten me how the average American family is better off.

Obama didn't take office in December 2008.

HTH
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doogles said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

And its like a pay raise for the middle class who have to commute. Obama is on record as wanting 5 dollar a gallon gas but he is for the little guy

Allegedly

Obama, after taking credit for the drop in gas prices, said the average family would save $750/year at the pump. WTF? Are we a nation of long haul truckers?
    12,000 miles a year at 25 miles per gallon, $3.50 a gallon is $1,680. $1.75 a gallon is $840 for a savings of $840. Are you really that hard up to hate Obama you can't even use calculator?
    I was paying damn near 5 bucks a gallon living in Santa Barbara for a truck getting maybe 20 mpg if I drove like a nun. Having gas reduced to about 3.50 in the Bay has singlehandedly paid for my Booze and Blow.

The fact you guys are paying under 2 bucks is mind blowing to me.

Edit: Just did a little research and the #1 most expensive gas in the U.S is Santa Barbara followed by San Francisco at #2. Maybe I deserve a gooch punch for my living choices.
    Only liberals, gays, idiots, foreigners and Cal fans would willingly live in San Francisco.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Doogles said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

And its like a pay raise for the middle class who have to commute. Obama is on record as wanting 5 dollar a gallon gas but he is for the little guy

Allegedly

Obama, after taking credit for the drop in gas prices, said the average family would save $750/year at the pump. WTF? Are we a nation of long haul truckers?
    12,000 miles a year at 25 miles per gallon, $3.50 a gallon is $1,680. $1.75 a gallon is $840 for a savings of $840. Are you really that hard up to hate Obama you can't even use calculator?
    I was paying damn near 5 bucks a gallon living in Santa Barbara for a truck getting maybe 20 mpg if I drove like a nun. Having gas reduced to about 3.50 in the Bay has singlehandedly paid for my Booze and Blow.

Edit: Just did a little research and the #1 most expensive gas in the U.S is Santa Barbara followed by San Francisco at #2. Maybe I deserve a gooch punch for my living choices.
    Only liberals, gays, idiots, foreigners and Cal fans would willingly live in San Francisco.
    Holy repetition.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Allegedly

I want to upvote, downvote, awesome, and wtf all at once. So i'll just flag it as spam.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2015
    High oil prices contributed greatly to job growth in the energy sector, where a good fraction of overall job growth came from. Overall, the lower prices are probably a slight net benefit for the economy. But the energy boom contributed materially to job growth. Also, a lot of banks lent to these companies who are going to go under. There is going to be some negative fallout coming in the quarters ahead.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

High oil prices contributed greatly to job growth in the energy sector, where a good fraction of overall job growth came from. Overall, the lower prices are probably a slight net benefit for the economy. But the energy boom contributed materially to job growth. Also, a lot of banks lent to these companies who are going to go under. There is going to be some negative fallout coming in the quarters ahead.

The rest of the nation doesn't give a shit if the oil sector goes under. They've been living high off the hog for many years now at the expense of everyone else, and to the detriment of the overall health of the economy. So fuck them. Cheaper gas will be better for the rest of the economy and benefit nearly everyone - individuals, small businesses, large companies and the government. It also has the benefit of weakening enemy countries like Russia and crippling the raghead governments' ability to exert their will on a global scale.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HuskyInAZ said:

When obama took office in December of 2008, gas prices were around $1.60/gallon. Today, the gas prices are around $1.90/gallon. Please enlighten me how the average American family is better off.

Don't be a twister. First, Obama didn't take office is 2008. Second, there was a crash in prices just before took office. The highest gas prices ever were in July of 2008. They spiked then crashed. So stop twisting.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Don't be a twister. First, Obama didn't take office is 2008. Second, there was a crash in prices just before took office. The highest gas prices ever were in July of 2008. They spiked then crashed. So stop twisting.
    Sure, Obama took office in January of 2009. Should BHO take credit for the crash before he was elected? I used December 2008 because it was easy to find EOY gas prices. After digging a bit more, gas prices in January of 2009 were $1.84 per gallon. Doesn't change the fact that none of us pay less for gas today than the day BHO took over the White House.

Being the President during the most recent rise and fall of gas prices, yet taking credit for only the fall......typical political BS. That goes for both democrats and republicans.

It's right up there with taking credit for the record number of college graduates, but failing to mention that federal student loans have doubled in the past 6 years. Or proclaiming the virtues of 10 million new insured Americans, yet ignoring the fact that it's on the backs of middle class American's paying for it via skyrocketing deductibles.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

The rest of the nation doesn't give a shit if the oil sector goes under. They've been living high off the hog for many years now at the expense of everyone else, and to the detriment of the overall health of the economy. So fuck them. Cheaper gas will be better for the rest of the economy and benefit nearly everyone - individuals, small businesses, large companies and the government. It also has the benefit of weakening enemy countries like Russia and crippling the raghead governments' ability to exert their will on a global scale.
    Disagree.

It does give us benefit in hurting russia.

Strong oil prices have been good for America. It has created a lot of jobs.

It will hurt my company, we are an ambulatory benefactor of the oil boom in the fracking parts of the country (Texas, Dakotas, Colorado, New Messico).

Sure lower gas is good, however, certain parts of the economy are going to suffer.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Sure, Obama took office in January of 2009. Should BHO take credit for the crash before he was elected? I used December 2008 because it was easy to find EOY gas prices. After digging a bit more, gas prices in January of 2009 were $1.84 per gallon. Doesn't change the fact that none of us pay less for gas today than the day BHO took over the White House.

Being the President during the most recent rise and fall of gas prices, yet taking credit for only the fall......typical political BS. That goes for both democrats and republicans.

It's right up there with taking credit for the record number of college graduates, but failing to mention that federal student loans have doubled in the past 6 years. Or proclaiming the virtues of 10 million new insured Americans, yet ignoring the fact that it's on the backs of middle class American's paying for it via skyrocketing deductibles.
    http://zfacts.com/gas-price-history-graph

And it was $4.38 in July of 2008, like i said you are twisting facts.

Same as you saying deductibles are skyrocketing. Complete bullshit. Insurance costs have increased slower than they have in a long time.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Something about the Saudis cranking up their output to flood the supply side and their lower cost of production versus tar sands and fracking, blah, blah, blah.

I'm all for greener, renewable energy but while it ramps up to commercial readiness, I'm all for cheap fucking gas for my cars.

Now, I have rich friends calling for huge increases in gas taxes to fund infrastructure spending (better roads, etc) Fuck that, let me have my cheap gas for awhile.

AND I'm all for cutting corporate subsidies to oil companies. Fuck them and their record profits, pay your fair share bitches.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

http://zfacts.com/gas-price-history-graph

And it was $4.38 in July of 2008, like i said you are twisting facts.

Same as you saying deductibles are skyrocketing. Complete bullshit. Insurance costs have increased slower than they have in a long time.
    Deductibles don't show up as insurance costs, turbo. And please clarify where I twisted one single fact (other than December 2008).

My issue is that all of this healthcare, higher education, etc......it's doing nothing but trying to hide tax increases.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    topdawgnc said:

Disagree.

It does give us benefit in hurting russia.

Strong oil prices have been good for America. It has created a lot of jobs.

It will hurt my company, we are an ambulatory benefactor of the oil boom in the fracking parts of the country (Texas, Dakotas, Colorado, New Messico).

Sure lower gas is good, however, certain parts of the economy are going to suffer.
    Disgree. Sorry for your troubles brah but it's about time the pendulum swung back in the right direction. Strong oil prices have not been good for America (except for the fact that it spurred more exploration and drilling, and hopefully some breakthroughs in new energy technology that will make us less reliant on oil in the future). Higher prices at the pump negatively impact every individual that fills their car. Inflated shipping costs increase prices on everything. This tax is currently gone, and hopefully it stays gone. For several years one sector of the economy was getting fat off the pain of the rest. Now that the tables are turned, that particular sector will suffer while most of the rest return to some sense of normalcy (as far as gas/oil/shippings costs are concerned). The economy will benefit greatly from this. And the enemies of this nation will suffer, as they should.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    HuskyInAZ said:

The only reason gas prices were that low was because of the recession, i.e. low demand.

Also, the GOP wanted to drill in ANWR, which was and remains a bad idea. Jury is still out on the true cost of the tar sands and drilling for shale oil and gas across the Great Plains region. Some of you have short memories.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oil is such a blight on the land

• Options
    Citrus4TroogsCitrus4Troogs Member Posts: 248
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

For the 909, this is an undoubtedly an improvement.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2015
    oh and don't forget what the saudi's increased production* is doing to putin.

* after further review, SA is not increasing production but instead forcing OPEC to hold production at the same levels.

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

You're right, so much worse than this.

• Options
    Oil funds arab/muslims. And oil is about the only natural resource those stone age monkeys control. Strangling the usefulness of that natural resource by replacing it with others strangles arab/muslims. I support strangling arab/muslims.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam

You're right, so much worse than this.

That will be contained, cleaned and removed. The desert is ruined and the birds are killed daily by windmills that need oil to be produced and transported here from China.

But still