Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Lol, how that guy even got a job after Carolina is beyond me.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Fox probably realizes he has done all he can at Denver. Peyton is probably going to retire, even though he won't come out and say it right now. It was the right time for Fox to walk away, instead of hanging around another year or two only to be fired.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Tells me that there's a good chance that Denver will blow things up ... Manning retires, some of their key free agents leave, etc.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

Tells me that there's a good chance that Denver will blow things up ... Manning retires, some of their key free agents leave, etc.

Petermen to Denver???
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Denver would be smart to go after Quinn. They brought in a shitload of talent, and if Peyton "retires" they get money to spend.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

Denver would be smart to go after Quinn. They brought in a shitload of talent, and if Peyton "retires" they get money to spend.

I *think* Quinn's going to be a good HC, but I'm not close to sure. How much of his success is due to PC? He could be Nick Holt 2.0.

If I'm a close to elite team like Denver I would want more of a sure thing. Quinn's a gamble. Could pay off though.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

I *think* Quinn's going to be a good HC, but I'm not close to sure. How much of his success is due to PC? He could be Nick Holt 2.0.

If I'm a close to elite team like Denver I would want more of a sure thing. Quinn's a gamble. Could pay off though.
    Either way, interesting...
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I'm surprised the Broncos even made a Super Bowl with Manning. It was no secret that Peyton struggles in cold weather, so why he chose to go to Denver, where the January temperatures are New Englandesq is beyond me. Torn calf or not, Peyton's arm is more fettucinne than rifle. I think it's best for him to end his career, because watching Peyton for any more seasons will be like watching Jordan with the Bullets.
  • Options

I'm surprised the Broncos even made a Super Bowl with Manning. It was no secret that Peyton struggles in cold weather, so why he chose to go to Denver, where the January temperatures are New Englandesq is beyond me. Torn calf or not, Peyton's arm is more fettucinne than rifle. I think it's best for him to end his career, because watching Peyton for any more seasons will be like watching Jordan with the Bullets.

Completely agree.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,294
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Yeah he's not Peyton fucking Manning anymore but have you seen the QBs in the NFL? Ryan Lindley started a playoff game!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I'm surprised the Broncos even made a Super Bowl with Manning. It was no secret that Peyton struggles in cold weather, so why he chose to go to Denver, where the January temperatures are New Englandesq is beyond me. Torn calf or not, Peyton's arm is more fettucinne than rifle. I think it's best for him to end his career, because watching Peyton for any more seasons will be like watching Jordan Unitas with the Bullets Chargers.

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    But how is Gus Bradley Dan Quinn a product of working under Pete Carroll?
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I'm surprised the Broncos even made a Super Bowl with Manning. It was no secret that Peyton struggles in cold weather, so why he chose to go to Denver, where the January temperatures are New Englandesq is beyond me. Torn calf or not, Peyton's arm is more fettucinne than rifle. I think it's best for him to end his career, because watching Peyton for any more seasons will be like watching Jordan with the Bullets White Sox.

• Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

The AFC was fucking terrible last year. Even worse than this year. They barely put up 20ish points on the Chargers and Patriots without Gronk.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    At least they still have Brock Osweiller
  • Options
    Founders Club

At least they still have Brock Osweiller

Yes and he's 6'8"!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I would give it another shot if I were in charge. Let Peyton get healthy, let Welker go, bring in another WR. Get an upgrade over Fox. The AFC isn't that good, and they can make the playoffs again.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I would give it another shot if I were in charge. Let Peyton get healthy, let Welker go, bring in another WR. Get an upgrade over Fox. The AFC isn't that good, and they can make the playoffs again.

Peyton was shit for 7 of the last 10 games this year.

How the hell is he going to make it through 19 games next year?
  • Options

I probably would too, but they're not winning a title with Peyton