Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

John Fox done with the Broncos...

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I would give it another shot if I were in charge. Let Peyton get healthy, let Welker go, bring in another WR. Get an upgrade over Fox. The AFC isn't that good, and they can make the playoffs again.

Peyton was shit for 7 of the last 10 games this year.

How the hell is he going to make it through 19 games next year?
    What is the point of blowing it up, having no QB and going 6-10? Or you can go 10-6 and make the playoffs and hope to get lucky.

Manning was hurt. He didn't just start sucking all of a sudden. Normally he waits until the playoffs to choke. This year he sucked for longer because he was hurt.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I would give it another shot if I were in charge. Let Peyton get healthy, let Welker go, bring in another WR. Get an upgrade over Fox. The AFC isn't that good, and they can make the playoffs again.

What is the point of blowing it up, having no QB and going 6-10? Or you can go 10-6 and make the playoffs and hope to get lucky.

Manning was hurt. He didn't just start sucking all of a sudden. Normally he waits until the playoffs to choke. This year he sucked for longer because he was hurt.
    Manning claimed to be hurt on December 14. He started sucking at the beginning of November.

Check the facts.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Manning claimed to be hurt on December 14. He started sucking at the beginning of November.

Check the facts.
    There really aren't any facts for his injuries. He did suck the last half of the season. On the whole, he's still one of the better QB's.
  • Options

Check the facts.
    There really aren't any facts for his injuries. He did suck the last half of the season. On the whole, he's still one of the better QB's.
    Here's a few QBs I'd rather have leading my NFL team in the playoffs:

Brady
    Rodgers
    Wilson
    Luck
    Roethlisberger
    Flacco
    Eli Manning
    Romo
    Newton
    Kaepernick
    Brees
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Broncos will be off season SB Champs next year either way.

It was a day of mourning for the Denver area but the off season lawnmower was
    already getting warmed up less than 24 hours after a one and done run.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Check the facts.

Brady
    Rodgers
    Wilson
    Luck
    Roethlisberger
    Flacco
    Eli Manning
    Romo
    Newton
    Kaepernick
    Brees
    Dalton is still too high!

• Options
    dnc said:

Check the facts.

Brady
    Rodgers
    Wilson
    Luck
    Roethlisberger
    Flacco
    Eli Manning
    Romo
    Newton
    Kaepernick
    Brees
    Cal is still too high!

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I wonder if porkchop or slapjack or whatever his name is for denver still feels like theyve closed the gap?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Check the facts.

Brady
    Rodgers
    Wilson
    Luck
    Roethlisberger
    Flacco
    Eli Manning
    Romo
    Newton
    Kaepernick
    Brees
    I agree with most of those, but the problem is the Broncos aren't getting one of those guys. They would either draft a bum, play Osweiler, or a drecky journeyman to replace Manning. They have too much talent at the other spots to have a total bum at QB.
  • Options

Check the facts.

Brady
    Rodgers
    Wilson
    Luck
    Roethlisberger
    Flacco
    Eli Manning
    Romo
    Newton
    Kaepernick
    Brees
    I agree with most of those, but the problem is the Broncos aren't getting one of those guys. They would either draft a bum, play Osweiler, or a drecky journeyman to replace Manning. They have too much talent at the other spots to have a total bum at QB.
    I didn't realize we had a Pro Bowl voter on here.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Add Rivers to the list
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Check the facts.

Brady
    Rodgers
    Wilson
    Luck
    Roethlisberger
    Flacco
    Eli Manning
    Romo
    Newton
    Kaepernick
    Brees
    Demaryus Thomas, Julius Thomas, Ryan Clady, Von Miller, Knighton, Aquib Talib, Chris Harris, and Demarcus Ware. That's pretty good talent and probably one of the most talented teams.

Elway is playing this perfectly. Let Fox take the blame (rightfully so) and give it another chance with a better coach. Keep improving the defense and the running game. Get another WR.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Check the facts.

Brady
    Rodgers
    Wilson
    Luck
    Roethlisberger
    Flacco
    Eli Manning
    Romo
    Newton
    Kaepernick
    Brees
    Demaryus Thomas, Julius Thomas, Ryan Clady, Von Miller, Knighton, Aquib Talib, Chris Harris, and Demarcus Ware. That's pretty good talent and probably one of the most talented teams.

Elway is playing this perfectly. Let Fox take the blame (rightfully so) and give it another chance with a better coach. Keep improving the defense and the running game. Get another WR.
    You left out "keep this guy at QB:

image"

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

The only thing hurting on Manning is his ego.

The dude is done. Elway could do just as good a job, if not better.

He faded mid-year because his body has been doing this shit for 17 years.

He's already proven he had one last run in him, time to hang it up.

Elway gambled on Big Sexy (hi @phineas‌) and lost.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pro wrestling references = automatic reps from me

My name came from Phineas Godwin for those wondering
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oh, no one was wondering :(
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It really doesn't matter who the coach is next year if Peyton is around. The next coach will have to answer to him anyway. Elway said Peyton will have input on who the next coach is, lol. What I get from that is Denver is still going to chuck it up 50 times a game next year, win 12 games and lose again in the playoffs.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yet Elway has "done a good job" according to road dawg lolol

My post about bischoff and the paycheck players having creative control has never been more true
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He hasn't really done a bad job, he's just kinda fucked now. He went all in last offseason because he knew Peyton's time is about up.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,447
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fox had a better record than Harbaugh and was 0-1 in the Super Bowl too. Surprising. Also Siefert on the list who was also run out of SF for not being Walsh with a 77% winning percentage

grantland.com/the-triangle/john-fox-denver-broncos/

Name Team Began Ended Yrs W L T Win% Why Left?
    George Seifert 49ers 1989 1996 8 98 30 0 76.6% resigned
    Tony Dungy Colts 2002 2008 7 85 27 0 75.9% retired
    John Madden Raiders 1969 1978 10 103 32 7 75.0% retired
    John Fox Broncos 2011 2014 4 46 18 0 71.9% “mutually parted ways”
    Blanton Collier Browns 1963 1970 8 76 34 2 68.8% retired
    Jim Harbaugh 49ers 2011 2014 4 44 20 1 69.5% “mutually parted ways”
    Mike Holmgren Packers 1992 1998 7 75 37 0 67.0% resigned
    Red Miller Broncos 1977 1980 4 40 22 0 64.5% fired
    Marty Schottenheimer Chiefs 1989 1998 10 101 58 1 63.4% resigned
    Mike Ditka Bears 1982 1992 11 106 62 0 63.1% fired