Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Anyone thoughts really change after last nights game?

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
Only thing that changed for me is I believe I have an unhealthy hatred for Cyler Miles that may need some counseling if it gets anymore hostile.

Still holding onto my year 3 philosophy with Petersen. Praying to Allah Miles is not the QB by that year.

Comments

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club
    I'm still in on Pete having 3 years, but this Miles situation is becoming really fucked up. It's borderline your eyes are as good as mine JR Hasty shit. Nothing I saw from Troy or the Swede tells me they wouldn't be better if they had the reps and opportunities Miles has had.

Why are esteemed coach isn't tinkering with it at all is maddening. It's the Great Mystery that only gets, well, more mysterious...And dare I say divisive.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,953 Founders Club
    I hope Miles transfers to Oregon and replaces Mariota as the starter next year.

A doog can hope, can't he?

P.S. Pete needs to get his guys in there. Seriously. Glad the OL is being blown up next year. Blow it up.

And no, for all the retards out there. There is no excuse for how we came out in the 1st half. Don't twist.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club
    edited January 2015

As bad as Miley is, do not forget how terrible Lindy was at Hawaii. Accuracy was terrible, bad in the pocket, and his "running" has become what y'all like to call Doog legend. I can think of one run where Lindy ran like 245 lb cornfed manchild. The rest he tip-toed like a Somalian ballerina.

At least you can't count how many times the laces revolve when the Swede throws it.

I remember how bad he was the 2nd half of that game. I also have a hard time believing if he had all the 1s practice reps plus game time Miley has had he would be worse than what we currently see. Same goes for Troy, he got 1 stormy saturday against a decent D.

I can't imagine any other QB in FBS getting as long a leash as Miley.
  • MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    edited January 2015
    Our QB play is ass.

There's no way that if Peterman is half the talent evaluator that we think he is, that his handpicked QB for the offense that he wants to run can be worse than this (especially after a redshirt year).

We should see KJCS or Browning next year, or we should be very worried. Unless you somehow have hope for Miley.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

As bad as Miley is, do not forget how terrible Lindy was at Hawaii. Accuracy was terrible, bad in the pocket, and his "running" has become what y'all like to call Doog legend. I can think of one run where Lindy ran like 245 lb cornfed manchild. The rest he tip-toed like a Somalian ballerina.

At least you can't count how many times the laces revolve when the Swede throws it.

I remember how bad he was the 2nd half of that game. I also have a hard time believing if he had all the 1s practice reps plus game time Miley has had he would be worse than what we currently see. Same goes for Troy, he got 1 stormy saturday against a decent D.

I can't imagine any other QB in FBS getting as long a leash as Miley.
    I mostly agree. Just be honest with what Lindy has shown when he's had his chances: ti ti, very little.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Peterman gets three years.

I have a sinking feeling Miley gets the nod next year due to experience.

Contrary to popular belief the running game was not bad. It was the passing game that prevented less scoring.

Peterman does have a little Tyrone in him in that he sticks with players when he shouldn't.

I'm not saying Peterman is Willingham, so don't be a twister.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    Dwayne Washington did not really improve. He has the vision of grandpa Sankey.

Miles never improved and was worse than I thought.

Our wide receivers are worse than I thought.

Their freshman qb and freshman wr abused us.

Our safety play sucks bad. I'm sure king will be benched next year and baker has shown flashes but still gets beat way too much. In fairness to him he should never have been starting this year.

At the beginning of the game the qb was getting rid of the ball so quick that our pass rush wouldn't have mattered if it was dominant. This tells me they obviously saw weaknesses to exploit when we lined up. Not a good day for the defensive staff.

The offense sucks in every way you look at it. They knew all of our tendencies.

Other than that I feel great about the future of this dreck.
  • claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    Muttzen said:

Our QB play is ass.

There's no way that if Peterman is half the talent evaluator that we think he is, that his handpicked QB for the offense that he wants to run can be worse than this (especially after a redshirt year).

We should see KJCS or Browning next year, or we should be very worried. Unless you somehow have hope for Miley.

#PrayForCyler #MilesStrong
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

I feel the same. It was always a meaningless bowl game and I always felt the improvement talk was FS. Not because we didn't look better, but because improvement isn't always linear and it doesn't always carry over. Average teams sometimes play well. They sometimes look like shit. What we saw was a very average team.

I feel pretty confident in the culture and recruiting. I think Petersen sucked this year, but I also think he is a good coach who knows what needs changed. There are too many examples of good coaches havIng shitty first seasons to make any huge proclamations.

Next year we will get a better feel and by year 3 or 4 at the latest we will know what we have.

I think we know what we have.

We have a good coach and a shitty culture.

The question is does the coach win, or does the culture.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Only thing that changed for me is I believe I have an unhealthy hatred for Cyler Miles that may need some counseling if it gets anymore hostile.

Still holding onto my year 3 philosophy with Petersen. Praying to Allah Miles is not the QB by that year.

Petersen gets 5 years. No coach could turn Sarks mess around in 3 years. Why do all you millenials expect miracles in 2-3 years? A coach needs 5 years to turn an 0-12 team around.

This team is in worse shape now than when Sark took over. Sark didnt get stuck with Miles and Lindy. He already had Locker, and Ty already had Price commited. Open yo damn eyes.