Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Anyone thoughts really change after last nights game?

2»

Comments

• MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015

Only thing that changed for me is I believe I have an unhealthy hatred for Cyler Miles that may need some counseling if it gets anymore hostile.

Still holding onto my year 3 philosophy with Petersen. Praying to Allah Miles is not the QB by that year.

Petersen gets 5 years. No coach could turn Sarks mess around in 3 years. Why do all you millenials expect miracles in 2-3 years? A coach needs 5 years to turn an 0-12 team around.

This team is in worse shape now than when Sark took over. Sark didnt get stuck with Miles and Lindy. He already had Locker, and Ty already had Price commited. Open yo damn eyes.
    Ty was the real QB Guru, sadly enough.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    That I should have woken up and filled my coffee cup with Jack Daniels to try and black out prior to remembering what happened last night
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    topdawgnc said:

Dwayne Washington did not really improve. He has the vision of grandpa Sankey.

Miles never improved and was worse than I thought.

Our wide receivers are worse than I thought.

Their freshman qb and freshman wr abused us.

Our safety play sucks bad. I'm sure king will be benched next year and baker has shown flashes but still gets beat way too much. In fairness to him he should never have been starting this year.

At the beginning of the game the qb was getting rid of the ball so quick that our pass rush wouldn't have mattered if it was dominant. This tells me they obviously saw weaknesses to exploit when we lined up. Not a good day for the defensive staff.

The offense sucks in every way you look at it. They knew all of our tendencies.

Other than that I feel great about the future of this dreck.

Loved when Gundy was a man and was calling to watch for the option on 4th and short ...
    Depending on the formation they also had no respect for the perimeter. Their linebackers splits were super compact because they new we were going to run it in the middle.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited January 2015
    Something to think about is if we don't play like shit in the first half, we win and the tone is completely different. There was a thread after the game wondering how badly Boise will beat us next year. It's pretty shortsighted to have a different opinion on that game based off the fucking Cactus Bowl.

Sarktastic would have three threads up about how great Petersen is and how much the team improved if we won.

The time to be pissed was after Stanford, ASU, UCLA, and Arizona. A meaningless bowl game wasn't going to make this a successful season. It didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

We have QB and overall questions about the scheme and coaching on offense. We have to replace both lines. If you liked Petersen before, there is no reason to not like him now. If you questioned him before, obviously there was no visual evidence to change your mind.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

Only thing that changed for me is I believe I have an unhealthy hatred for Cyler Miles that may need some counseling if it gets anymore hostile.

Still holding onto my year 3 philosophy with Petersen. Praying to Allah Miles is not the QB by that year.

Petersen gets 5 years. No coach could turn Sarks mess around in 3 years. Why do all you millenials expect miracles in 2-3 years? A coach needs 5 years to turn an 0-12 team around.

This team is in worse shape now than when Sark took over. Sark didnt get stuck with Miles and Lindy. He already had Locker, and Ty already had Price commited. Open yo damn eyes.
    Except Sark improved his team by 7 wins his first Season

And Peterman needed the softest OOC in the history of man AND an extra game to go -1, his 1st Season.

So other than that..... you're spot on as always.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Something to think about is if we don't play like shit in the first half, we win and the tone is completely different. There was a thread after the game wondering how badly Boise will beat us next year. It's pretty shortsighted to have a different opinion on that game based off the fucking Cactus Bowl.

Sarktastic would have three threads up about how great Petersen is and how much the team improved if we won.

The time to be pissed was after Stanford, ASU, UCLA, and Arizona. A meaningless bowl game wasn't going to make this a successful season. It didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

We have QB and overall questions about the scheme and coaching on offense. We have to replace both lines. If you liked Petersen before, there is no reason to not like him now. If you questioned him before, obviously there was no visual evidence to change your mind.

I stopped reading after you implied Okie State would coast in the second half of a close game like they did in the second half of a blowout.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I stopped reading after you implied Okie State would coast in the second half of a close game like they did in the second half of a blowout.
    Their season says they suck.
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Jesus.

It's one thing to be late for the party. It's a whole 'nother thing to show up after everyone has left.

Gasoline. Matches. Go to work Fleens.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

This was the first team with a pulse they played since ucla and we looked just as good as we did against ucla.

All the things that looked better against osu and wazzu were only better because of the opponent. And you're right. Okie lite does suck. We just suck a whole lot lot more.
  • ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    I thought we'd win. But the other team wanted it a lot more than our team did.

We are worse than I realized.