Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chris Warren's Top 4...

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Lots of WDWHA going on here ...

He's got talent ... you bring him in, work off some of the extra weight he probably put on after the end of the season, and turn him into your big back.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    FTR, I want him.... but he isn't coming here.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Lots of WDWHA going on here ...

He's got talent ... you bring him in, work off some of the extra weight he probably put on after the end of the season, and turn him into your big back.

That's some stupid bullshit Tequila. You're pretty blind and susceptible to generic cliches sometimes for such a smart guy. Warren hasn't committed anywhere yet and all we have is speculation that he's leaning to Texas (baseless as far as I know). It's not out of the ordinary for guys to be overrated and it doesn't always fit the WDWHA cliche for some message board hacks to see it that way and call it, especially when a guy is still open.
  • Options
    I'm not against people watching the video and calling this stuff out. Would never hold that against people.

However, all of this stuff started in the last 24 hours after somebody watched him in an All-Star game (where traditionally offenses struggle) and with some saying (and also agree that I haven't seen anywhere actually confirm that he's a heavy Texas lean) that he's overrated. None of this stuff existed 2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I think he goes to UW. #inlarsitrust
  • Options
    MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Daeshon Hall and Reuben Foster are smiling from somewhere in the south.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I'm not against people watching the video and calling this stuff out. Would never hold that against people.

However, all of this stuff started in the last 24 hours after somebody watched him in an All-Star game (where traditionally offenses struggle) and with some saying (and also agree that I haven't seen anywhere actually confirm that he's a heavy Texas lean) that he's overrated. None of this stuff existed 2 weeks ago.

Simply not true: hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/16549/bishop-sankey-version-2-0/p1
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015
    Tequilla said:

You basically wdwha with Thockmorton awhile back. I said this weeks ago about Warren and said I liked Gaskin better.

Warren is slow. Maybe he's not slow for 240, but he's slow compared to the majority of college RB's. There aren't many 240 pound RB's for a reason.
  • Options
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Simply not true: hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/16549/bishop-sankey-version-2-0/p1
    So you link a thread talking about Gaskin being good (which I don't disagree with) as your proof that people were bashing Warren? C'mon man.

And you can't use Pepsi as a source on saying Gaskin >>> Warren ... he's irrationally biased to O'Dea.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

So you link a thread talking about Gaskin being good (which I don't disagree with) as your proof that people were bashing Warren? C'mon man.

And you can't use Pepsi as a source on saying Gaskin >>> Warren ... he's irrationally biased to O'Dea.
    Bashing Warren? Not really. I didn't say that. Questioning his high rating? Certainly. I did exactly that in that thread.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

You basically wdwha with Thockmorton awhile back. I said this weeks ago about Warren and said I liked Gaskin better.

Warren is slow. Maybe he's not slow for 240, but he's slow compared to the majority of college RB's. There aren't many 240 pound RB's for a reason.
    The reason I said wdwha on Throckmorton was because a) it looked like we were in on better prospects and b) from someone whose opinion I trust told me that missing out on Throckmorton wasn't a huge deal as from a size standpoint he was not as big (both height and weight) as one would expect or even as listed.

Self admittedly, I don't watch a ton of TBS videos. I have watched some video of Warren and in general am familiar with the talent level of the league that he plays in. I didn't see a lot of video where his highlights were driven because of his size. I saw a guy that showed great agility for a RB of his size and an ability to pull away from defenders in the open field. Which, knowing the general competition that he was playing against, is a positive sign.

Moreover, the fast argument for a RB to me is really dependent upon what you are looking for out of that RB. If you are looking for a home run threat, then you obviously want speed. But with that you're also going to need to live with some no gains and negative plays trying to get that home run. Instead, if you are looking at running between the tackles, then you are worried less about speed and more about vision, quick feet, and ability to generate YAC.

I don't view Warren and Gaskin as an either or type of back. I view them as being highly complementary.

Moreover, reports are that Petersen's focused on getting Warren on board as his last big out of state recruit. So far, Petersen's track record of getting the players that he's targeted has been very, very good.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I've maintained all year Gaskin > Warren at RB. However, that said, very good people seem to like Warren (Strong, Pete, etc), so I'll go with them. Same with Browning. I don't like Warren or Browning on film. But, what do I know?

Gaskin reminds me so much of Sankey it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Does Warren have the Lenihan factor?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The reason I said wdwha on Throckmorton was because a) it looked like we were in on better prospects and b) from someone whose opinion I trust told me that missing out on Throckmorton wasn't a huge deal as from a size standpoint he was not as big (both height and weight) as one would expect or even as listed.

Self admittedly, I don't watch a ton of TBS videos. I have watched some video of Warren and in general am familiar with the talent level of the league that he plays in. I didn't see a lot of video where his highlights were driven because of his size. I saw a guy that showed great agility for a RB of his size and an ability to pull away from defenders in the open field. Which, knowing the general competition that he was playing against, is a positive sign.

Moreover, the fast argument for a RB to me is really dependent upon what you are looking for out of that RB. If you are looking for a home run threat, then you obviously want speed. But with that you're also going to need to live with some no gains and negative plays trying to get that home run. Instead, if you are looking at running between the tackles, then you are worried less about speed and more about vision, quick feet, and ability to generate YAC.

I don't view Warren and Gaskin as an either or type of back. I view them as being highly complementary.

Moreover, reports are that Petersen's focused on getting Warren on board as his last big out of state recruit. So far, Petersen's track record of getting the players that he's targeted has been very, very good.
    The big back, little back complimentary stuff is something fans talk about, but is generally kind of stupid. Of course every team wants a Lendale White and a Reggie Bush. They were an awesome combo. Since then it's become a message board cliché.

Trent Richardson and Mark Ingram are similar backs. They are both shorter, compact, powerful backs with good, but not great speed. They were a pretty good combo despite being pretty similar. Signing good RB's, preferably every down guys is what is most important. Not trying to find ideal combos of guys with varying sizes and speeds.

You did make a good point about the possibility of Warren losing some weight (10-15 pounds) to help his speed and quickness.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2015

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The big back, little back complimentary stuff is something fans talk about, but is generally kind of stupid. Of course every team wants a Lendale White and a Reggie Bush. They were an awesome combo. Since then it's become a message board cliché.

Trent Richardson and Mark Ingram are similar backs. They are both shorter, compact, powerful backs with good, but not great speed. They were a pretty good combo despite being pretty similar. Signing good RB's, preferably every down guys is what is most important. Not trying to find ideal combos of guys with varying sizes and speeds.

You did make a good point about the possibility of Warren losing some weight (10-15 pounds) to help his speed and quickness.
    2 tailbacks is a good thing. The skill set at least with 85 scholarships is irrelevant. They just both need to be good.

Kenyon Barner and lamichael James were both scatbacks that were smaller.

Alabama backs are usually similar.

Back n the day Nebraska had tons of backs that were all similar. Just get good backs and hand them the damn ball.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

2 tailbacks is a good thing. The skill set at least with 85 scholarships is irrelevant. They just both need to be good.

Kenyon Barner and lamichael James were both scatbacks that were smaller.

Alabama backs are usually similar.

Back n the day Nebraska had tons of backs that were all similar. Just get good backs and hand them the damn ball.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Tequilla said:

Win the North and you're probably going to win the conference. Just reading the tea leaves of what is going on in recruiting would say that we're going to be well positioned with the classes we're putting together to be in that spot. Add in the family element and it starts to make sense.

I get the feeling that Warren likes challenges and is willing to step outside his comfort zone.

My opinion is that we're the favorite right now.

I know I feel a lot better now.