Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    To me.... Looks like a Washington vs. Texas battle.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Dawgman has been so far off on this kid saying he was serious about Stanford and Ohio state. My 10.95 here gets me the real story.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Dawgman has been so far off on this kid saying he was serious about Stanford and Ohio state. Sven's 10.95 here gets me the real story.

Fixed

• Options
    The funny thing is that it isn't that hard to figure out stuff and it is also free... All you need is twitter to get info, and if you want predictions and to see trends on where people think players are going to go just look at the 247 Crystal Ball.... WHICH IS FREE.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    It's a message I think to Pertersen to get on the next southwest flight
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    CW25 ... That sounds familiar.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't think he's coming to UW. I would love to have him though.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I don't think he's coming to UW. I would love to have him though.

Thought seems to be UW is the leader. Mom's family is from Seattle and she's playing a role in his recruitment. That & Pete gives us a great shot.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Generally speaking, if a kid is going to Texas, he's going to commit to them early.

He isn't going to Tech - they don't run the ball at all.

Okie Lite probably has a bit of a chance, but their season this year probably isn't helping.
  • Options
    I've seen this script before. Girls and money are > @texas than they are at uw. Cool story though.
  • Options

I've seen this script before. Girls and money are > @texas than they are at uw. Cool story though.

Texas doesn't pay their players ... rest of the script is true.
  • Options
    I get what you are saying Teq, and I agree with you to an extent. But I still won't believe we are getting a top40 player out of Texas until it happens. I think we do have a great shot though, but until it happens I will be skeptical, like RoadDawg.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure Warren has offers from just everywhere in the country.

There's a certain consistency in Warren's Final Four being that none of the schools are what you'd consider to be Top 25 powers at the moment. Tech is a joke - nobody would want to live there IMO. Okie Lite has had recent success but they are second banana to Oklahoma.

Texas has definitely been down. I like what Charlie Strong is doing down there and I do think he'll get things turned around but in the grand scheme of things, I do think that they are behind where we are in the process though. Moreover, their path to success is much more daunting now that they not only have Oklahoma to deal with, but they also have what TCU and Baylor are doing.

In contrast, Washington's path to success is passing Stanford (probably going to happen within the next 12-24 months - probably should have happened this year) and Oregon. Win the North and you're probably going to win the conference. Just reading the tea leaves of what is going on in recruiting would say that we're going to be well positioned with the classes we're putting together to be in that spot. Add in the family element and it starts to make sense.

I get the feeling that Warren likes challenges and is willing to step outside his comfort zone.

My opinion is that we're the favorite right now.
  • Options
    Hope you're right. We will find out soon as after the games are done is when the players are in the schools and start recruiting guys the hardest. Seen this play out countless times but would love to be wrong.
    Would be great to hear the lpt play this off as he was always coming to uw and Petersen just happened to be the coach.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Tequilla said:

There's a certain consistency in Warren's Final Four being that none of the schools are what you'd consider to be Top 25 powers at the moment. Tech is a joke - nobody would want to live there IMO. Okie Lite has had recent success but they are second banana to Oklahoma.

Texas has definitely been down. I like what Charlie Strong is doing down there and I do think he'll get things turned around but in the grand scheme of things, I do think that they are behind where we are in the process though. Moreover, their path to success is much more daunting now that they not only have Oklahoma to deal with, but they also have what TCU and Baylor are doing.

In contrast, Washington's path to success is passing Stanford (probably going to happen within the next 12-24 months - probably should have happened this year) and Oregon. Win the North and you're probably going to win the conference. Just reading the tea leaves of what is going on in recruiting would say that we're going to be well positioned with the classes we're putting together to be in that spot. Add in the family element and it starts to make sense.

I get the feeling that Warren likes challenges and is willing to step outside his comfort zone.

The #1 RB in the class Soso Jamabo is also from Dallas; UT is battling ND and UCLA for him as well. Warren and Jamabo may be waiting to see what the other does. I think a lot of high profile guys are sniffing around UT and seeing if anyone else is going to take the plunge there on a rebuild and new coach.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

The #1 RB in the class Soso Jamabo is also from Dallas; UT is battling ND and UCLA for him as well. Warren and Jamabo may be waiting to see what the other does. I think a lot of high profile guys are sniffing around UT and seeing if anyone else is going to take the plunge there on a rebuild and new coach.
    That's good info ...

I'm with you on the idea that a lot of people are taking a bit of a wait and see with what is going on in Austin. Strong is a good coach but his resume isn't 100% convincing that he is the guy to get Texas back to where they want to be. The fact that the old Texas money has never been behind Strong probably hasn't helped.

In contrast, everybody knows what kind of coach Petersen is ... so that helps when trying to sell the vision to the recruits.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

That's good info ...

I'm with you on the idea that a lot of people are taking a bit of a wait and see with what is going on in Austin. Strong is a good coach but his resume isn't 100% convincing that he is the guy to get Texas back to where they want to be. The fact that the old Texas money has never been behind Strong probably hasn't helped.

In contrast, everybody knows what kind of coach Petersen is ... so that helps when trying to sell the vision to the recruits.
    From what I follow, the #1 player in the entire class is a OLB from Dallas and he is likely down to A&M and UT. He's announcing in a week or so since he's enrolling in January. If he pops for UT it could be the type of event that opens up the levee for UT recruiting #TBS.
  • Options
    The big thing that Strong has to turn around will be that aTm has the pull of the SEC. In contrast, while you have to get the perception of the Big 12 to the same level as the SEC, the other problem Texas has is the Baylor/TCU problem now - particularly for kids growing up in the DFW area as TCU is a definite option for them now.

At this point, the big reason that aTm has jumped ahead of Texas in the minds of most in-state kids is because of the SEC. With Texas being down for a few years, they just don't have the pull right now.

Texas overplayed their hand a few years ago ... that combined with Mack Brown mailing in about a 3-5 year period has them in a shitty position right now. Texas tends to feel that it is their birthright that they are great ... but historically, they are nowhere close to where schools like USC, Alabama, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio, and even Oklahoma have been.