Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is our late-season optimism warranted?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I am excited about the player development I saw from beginning to end. I could give a shit about the wins. I saw improvement from the first game to the last. Something not noticeable in years past.

I agree, player development was among the positive signs. To matter, it has to translate to winning though. It should, but as always, LIPO is the answer for now. The coaches have to improve their game day performances too, or they'll just lose with better, more developed talent.

Along those lines, among the most stark of Seven's flaws has to be the lack of player development. Good god, what the hell was that dipshit up to, beyond chugging beers and chasing tail at Joey's (allegedly)? Seriously. The quarterbacks actually devolved under him. Wow, just fucking wow.
    Yup. Sark doesn't reach 7 wins with this team this year. He is lucky he bolted.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I am excited about the player development I saw from beginning to end. I could give a shit about the wins. I saw improvement from the first game to the last. Something not noticeable in years past.

I agree, player development was among the positive signs. To matter, it has to translate to winning though. It should, but as always, LIPO is the answer for now. The coaches have to improve their game day performances too, or they'll just lose with better, more developed talent.

Along those lines, among the most stark of Seven's flaws has to be the lack of player development. Good god, what the hell was that dipshit up to, beyond chugging beers and chasing tail at Joey's (allegedly)? Seriously. The quarterbacks actually devolved under him. Wow, just fucking wow.

He always wins 7.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited December 2014

He always wins 7.
    Except when he loses 7. Either way, he is Los Siete
  • Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Reserve my judgement until after the bowl game. If we perform as well in the bowl game and finally beat a team with a winning record in style, then we can definitely say progress has been made compared to the dreckfest of the earlier season ...
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    If DeLarry was white ... would he have been thrown out? Did he intimidate the people by constantly staring at them? Did he put his hands up and yell ... don't shoot?

LARRY!

Shirts were the second best seller on firetoddturner.com ... second only to the thong panties that said fire todd turner
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Optimism on Pete- yes. Optimism on UW in 2015? Not really. Losing Kikaha and Shelton puts UW in rebuilding mode on the DL, which carried the team this year.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Yeah, I see something like 5-4 in conference in 2015 and then 6-3 or 7-2 in 2016 with Petersen in his 3rd year.

Optimism on Pete- yes. Optimism on UW in 2015? Not really. Losing Kikaha and Shelton puts UW in rebuilding mode on the DL, which carried the team this year.

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Little known fact: Larry was the second person to show up at a little gathering off 520 for a certain coach in which a cake was used to wish him a happy birthday... I was the first and when he showed up I thought he was going to rob me.

Fucking awesome, I wish I was in town for operation morayummycakes
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Articles like this is why I fork over my $10.81/mo.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Articles like this is why I fork over my $10.81/mo.

Thanks, IrishDuck22...
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Articles like this is why I fork over my $7.11/life.