Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The basketball team ACTUALLY does not suck...

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Am I the only one who fucking cringes every time spado's golden boy Jerreau touches the ball? Guy is fucking terrible. He got a couple lucky baskets but missed quite a few jumpers that barely hit the backboard.

I was waiting for them to choke the game away and I was surprised they showed some grit. I'm definitely in LIPO mode but Tim Floyd is a damn good coach and UTEP just beat Xavier, who always has solid teams. Definitely better than getting run out of the gym by Irvine and South Dakota. Time to sign Romar till 2026 so he doesn't lose recruits.

he can shoot the midrange jumper, and isn't horrific from the line. But he can't finish around the basket to save his life, it's almost unreal how bad he is inside considering his size
    He's soft. He's not completely useless. He's just been severely overrated by dipshits who are mesmerized that he was a guard in high school before a growth spurt. He probably was a really shitty guard.

I would still rather have Jarreau than Gant. He's a taller version of Gant without the range.
    I wasn't a huge fan of gant either. Both were bench players really and it pissed me off that twice in 2011 he was taking the last shot (Cal and UCLA I believe)
    Gant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jerreaux.

Better defender, better athlete, better knee ligaments.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Am I the only one who fucking cringes every time spado's golden boy Jerreau touches the ball? Guy is fucking terrible. He got a couple lucky baskets but missed quite a few jumpers that barely hit the backboard.

I was waiting for them to choke the game away and I was surprised they showed some grit. I'm definitely in LIPO mode but Tim Floyd is a damn good coach and UTEP just beat Xavier, who always has solid teams. Definitely better than getting run out of the gym by Irvine and South Dakota. Time to sign Romar till 2026 so he doesn't lose recruits.

he can shoot the midrange jumper, and isn't horrific from the line. But he can't finish around the basket to save his life, it's almost unreal how bad he is inside considering his size
    He's soft. He's not completely useless. He's just been severely overrated by dipshits who are mesmerized that he was a guard in high school before a growth spurt. He probably was a really shitty guard.

I would still rather have Jarreau than Gant. He's a taller version of Gant without the range.
    I wasn't a huge fan of gant either. Both were bench players really and it pissed me off that twice in 2011 he was taking the last shot (Cal and UCLA I believe)

Gant was garbage. He was as bad or worse than Jarreau around the basket. Jarreau is two inches taller and more skilled than Gant. Better passer, will probably be a better rebounder, better shot blocker. In other words, they are very close, but I will take the 6'10" guy over the 6'8" guy.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Gant was garbage. He was as bad or worse than Jarreau around the basket. Jarreau is two inches taller and more skilled than Gant. Better passer, will probably be a better rebounder, better shot blocker. In other words, they are very close, but I will take the 6'10" guy over the 6'8" guy.
    You're a fucking retard if you think that's true.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

They both suck. Jarreau sucks a little less.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    Standard Supporter
    Juroe also has a Justin Holiday face, which pisses me off because Justin Holiday sucked
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Juroe also has a Justin Holiday face, which pisses me off because Justin Holiday sucked

Not a String face?
  • Options

For a Husky fan that would rather see a 3rd down stop than a TD, you seem to hate defense.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,523
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is going to be a great thread to bump when we miss the big dance.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

This is going to be a great thread to bump when we miss the big dance.

Where will all the Goss knob slobers be then???!!!?!?!?!?!

#LastLaugh
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2014

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

They both suck. Jarreau sucks a little less.
    Fine. They both suck.

But Jarreau has done nothing to warrant a higher ranking. Unless being a doog legend counts for something.

Gant contributed to championships. Jarow couldn't guard James Harden. Or Jordan Hill. Or all the other NBA players he was put on.

Gant and Holiday were nonexistent on offense, but their defense was a big part of the success of those teams.

So actually, he didn't suck. Jereaux sucks.
    Gant was still horrible. He was a contributor on pretty good teams, but that isn't because he was any good. They depth at the 4/5 has always been thin under Romar. Mike Jensen and Hakeem Rollins were contributors too. It doesn't mean they were any good.

Gant was a soft 4 who couldn't rebound or finish around the basket unless it was a wide open dunk. He could hit an open jumper sometimes, but shot really low percentage wise. 37, 41, 40, and 47. I remember Gant guarding Harden so that one is valid, but Jordan Hill always killed UW.

All things equal, you are probably right and Gant is better. He's at least more proven. On this team though, I would rather have Jarreau as the complimentary big guy than Gant.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Id say Gant was a pretty average player.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It is a bit comical how the goal poasts have moved for this program. 4 years ago we would be complaining about sniffing out wins vs LBS and UTEP, instead we're rejoicing about being undefeated against the children of the blind(and utep).

The team is showing much more promise, i'll give them that. I'm still incredibly concerned about depth, upshaw, and our shooting once we play quality teams and start pac12 play. One other bonus we used to enjoy was home court advantage. That is now gone completely and we can't except to go 7-1 at home even with a mediocre team. But at least our shooting seems to be less dismal than it started.

This team is much more fun to watch than the last few years. NWG and Upshaw(when he's playing) are an absolute pleasure to watch. Upshaw is still raw, but it's fun to see a guy who can change the whole landscape on the defensive end. AA is still one of the hardest players to watch, but if he could ever figure out how to not try and do so much he really could be a decent player. Sadly he's streaky b/c of his style of play, which more often sides to the negative than positive.

A few other thoughts on this team that have changed is fewer guys are getting to the basket than the last 2-3 years. Upshaw is certainly part of that, but realistically we're playing much better on ball defense. It's still not great, but it's not nearly the open door defense we've been seeing over and over.

Dorsey is the anti DJ. I thought DJ would be much better than year, and likely play a key role into this year. Instead, Dorsey is a guy I could see being a starter by mid pac-12. He seems to flow well on offense and plays decent defense and doesn't turn the ball over. His size still surprises me every time I see him on the floor. For some reason I still have this string bean player in my head. He's going to be a 6th man at worst by pac12 rotation and one of the other true 3 point threats on the floor(shooting 48% on the year so far).

By pac12, the rotation I see is

PG - NWG
    SG(or off guard for all your fucktards who are going to tell me romar doesn't have a 1-5 system) - AA
    SF - Anderson
    PF - JJ
    C - Upshaw

Bench rotation

1 - Dorsey
    2 - Kemp
    3 - Winters

• Options

It is a bit comical how the goal poasts have moved for this program. 4 years ago we would be complaining about sniffing out wins vs LBS and UTEP, instead we're rejoicing about being undefeated against the children of the blind(and utep).

The team is showing much more promise, i'll give them that. I'm still incredibly concerned about depth, upshaw, and our shooting once we play quality teams and start pac12 play. One other bonus we used to enjoy was home court advantage. That is now gone completely and we can't except to go 7-1 at home even with a mediocre team. But at least our shooting seems to be less dismal than it started.

This team is much more fun to watch than the last few years. NWG and Upshaw(when he's playing) are an absolute pleasure to watch. Upshaw is still raw, but it's fun to see a guy who can change the whole landscape on the defensive end. AA is still one of the hardest players to watch, but if he could ever figure out how to not try and do so much he really could be a decent player. Sadly he's streaky b/c of his style of play, which more often sides to the negative than positive.

A few other thoughts on this team that have changed is fewer guys are getting to the basket than the last 2-3 years. Upshaw is certainly part of that, but realistically we're playing much better on ball defense. It's still not great, but it's not nearly the open door defense we've been seeing over and over.

Dorsey is the anti DJ. I thought DJ would be much better than year, and likely play a key role into this year. Instead, Dorsey is a guy I could see being a starter by mid pac-12. He seems to flow well on offense and plays decent defense and doesn't turn the ball over. His size still surprises me every time I see him on the floor. For some reason I still have this string bean player in my head. He's going to be a 6th man at worst by pac12 rotation and one of the other true 3 point threats on the floor(shooting 48% on the year so far).

PG - NWG
    SG(or off guard for all your fucktards who are going to tell me romar doesn't have a 1-5 system) - AA
    SF - Anderson
    PF - JJ
    C - Upshaw

Bench rotation

1 - Dorsey
    2 - Kemp
    3 - Winters

Totally agree on Dorsey vs DJ.

I don't see where DJ will get any minutes next year unless he improves dramatically or multiple injuries/transfers happen. Wouldn't be shocked if he transferred. Unless he wants to wait until senior year to have a shot at regular playing time.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I am waiting for us to get past the S16 before I call myself a fan. I won't be a fan of course, but I will call myself one when we are good, because 12's.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

I am waiting for us to get past the S16 before I call myself a fan. I won't be a fan of course, but I will call myself one when we are good, because 12's.

I'm not letting you on the bandwagon!!!!
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

PG - NWG
    SF - Anderson
    PF - JJ
    C - Upshaw

Bench rotation

1 - Dorsey
    2 - Kemp
    3 - Winters

I don't see where DJ will get any minutes next year unless he improves dramatically or multiple injuries/transfers happen. Wouldn't be shocked if he transferred. Unless he wants to wait until senior year to have a shot at regular playing time.
    I'd be shocked to see DJ here next year if he isn't getting run during the season. Next year you have a stacked roster of frosh to go along with Dorsey, winters. Romar always plays more guys during preseason, but once the year starts we'll see a 7-8 man rotation. DJ is staring at less than 10 minutes a game right now once the season starts, and that might be generous.
  • Options

PG - NWG
    SF - Anderson
    PF - JJ
    C - Upshaw

Bench rotation

1 - Dorsey
    2 - Kemp
    3 - Winters

I'd be shocked to see DJ here next year if he isn't getting run during the season. Next year you have a stacked roster of frosh to go along with Dorsey, winters. Romar always plays more guys during preseason, but once the year starts we'll see a 7-8 man rotation. DJ is staring at less than 10 minutes a game right now once the season starts, and that might be generous.
    Even if Goss leaves after this year, I don't see how he gets into a rotation that includes AA, Crisp, Dorsey, Winters, Murray.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

I'd let him on the bandwagon, but there isn't one.

• Options
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

I'd let him on the bandwagon, but there isn't one.

Bandscooter?