Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mark CubanFS

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @Tequilla - It's gonna happen by Christmas. New Year's at the very latest.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We're looking pretty stupid right now. Just complete choke job on the part of Phoenix, Sac and NO. It remains to be seen, but that 8th spot is looking ripe for the plucking. Golden State might want to drop a few to become the 2 seed.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    @RoadDawg55‌

My entire line of thought was assuming that Phoenix (or some other team in the West) was going to be in the 47-50 win level. The fact that Phoenix has gone 3-7 in their last 10 and Sacramento has gone 2-8 in their last 10 has definitely moved what OKC is doing along faster.

As you also noted, OKC is also benefiting right now by some favorable scheduling. Even with a tough game like Cleveland on the schedule, they got the benefit of LBJ not playing.

1-7 in the West right now are playing at a minimum 57 win pace and for the most part have played very consistent basketball throughout the year. I'm still not convinced that OKC will get past the 8 seed this year - but it's always possible with injuries, etc.

No question at this point they are an odds on favorite to get into the playoffs. However, their season starts to get much more difficult here at the end of the month and January could be a very challenging month for them.

I also do think that you'll get another contender for that spot as the year progresses whether it be Phoenix getting their act together, New Orleans riding a maturing Anthony Davis, or Sacramento recovering when Boogie Cousins returns (vastly different team with and without him).

I'd peg OKC for somewhere in the 50-53 win range right now.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

@RoadDawg55‌

My entire line of thought was assuming that Phoenix (or some other team in the West) was going to be in the 47-50 win level. The fact that Phoenix has gone 3-7 in their last 10 and Sacramento has gone 2-8 in their last 10 has definitely moved what OKC is doing along faster.

As you also noted, OKC is also benefiting right now by some favorable scheduling. Even with a tough game like Cleveland on the schedule, they got the benefit of LBJ not playing.

1-7 in the West right now are playing at a minimum 57 win pace and for the most part have played very consistent basketball throughout the year. I'm still not convinced that OKC will get past the 8 seed this year - but it's always possible with injuries, etc.

No question at this point they are an odds on favorite to get into the playoffs. However, their season starts to get much more difficult here at the end of the month and January could be a very challenging month for them.

I also do think that you'll get another contender for that spot as the year progresses whether it be Phoenix getting their act together, New Orleans riding a maturing Anthony Davis, or Sacramento recovering when Boogie Cousins returns (vastly different team with and without him).

I'd peg OKC for somewhere in the 50-53 win range right now.

A simple, "I was wrong and don't have the NBA dialed in" would have worked.
  • Options
    If the Suns were just 5-5 in their last 10 games instead of 7-3, they'd still be on a 46-47 win pace. They lost to the Clippers this week in a game where Blake made a 3 at the buzzer to win by 1 on a shot where he got a bounce that you'd get maybe 1 out of 1,000 shots.

It's a little premature to say that I was wrong. There's still a lot of things that can happen during the year.

I'm still not convinced that you're not going to have another team get into the 47+ win range to compete for a playoff spot. OKC's margin for error still isn't high IMO.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

If the Suns were just 5-5 in their last 10 games instead of 7-3, they'd still be on a 46-47 win pace. They lost to the Clippers this week in a game where Blake made a 3 at the buzzer to win by 1 on a shot where he got a bounce that you'd get maybe 1 out of 1,000 shots.

It's a little premature to say that I was wrong. There's still a lot of things that can happen during the year.

I'm still not convinced that you're not going to have another team get into the 47+ win range to compete for a playoff spot. OKC's margin for error still isn't high IMO.

You couldn't have been more wrong. The Thunder are one of the best teams in the NBA when healthy. Keep delaying the inevitable though.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

You couldn't have been more wrong. The Thunder are one of the best teams in the NBA when healthy. Keep delaying the inevitable though.
    Like I said, let it play out a bit more this year. They were 59-23 last year. I don't see them finishing in that range this year. The West is even more difficult to navigate this year.

You're definitely beating your chest early here ... and there's a lot of games left to be played.

They have 23 games between now and the end of January. My guess is that they go 15-8 in that stretch.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Like I said, let it play out a bit more this year. They were 59-23 last year. I don't see them finishing in that range this year. The West is even more difficult to navigate this year.

You're definitely beating your chest early here ... and there's a lot of games left to be played.

They have 23 games between now and the end of January. My guess is that they go 15-8 in that stretch.
    It's not beating my chest. You said it was the most pressing ever seen when I said they would have a spot wrapped up by the All Star break. On 12/14 they are .5 game back. You make bold predictions and you can take your back slaps when you are right, but you have been comically wrong in this thread. If you want to pretend there is still doubt, go ahead. I will happily keep bumping the thread.

No shit they won't be 59-23 this year. That was never the debate.
  • Options
    When the time is right, I will be more than happy to say that I'm wrong.

But it's still way too early to say that they are in the clear to a playoff spot at this point.

If at the end of January they are sitting 3+ games up in the playoffs, I'll have no problem saying that I'm wrong.

At this point, what I'm more wrong about is not my view of OKC, but it's my view that they'd have competition at the 50 win marker.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I for one cannot wait for six more months of Roaddawg and Tequila arguing about the NBA. Should be fun!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited December 2014
    Tequilla said:

When the time is right, I will be more than happy to say that I'm wrong.

But it's still way too early to say that they are in the clear to a playoff spot at this point.

If at the end of January they are sitting 3+ games up in the playoffs, I'll have no problem saying that I'm wrong.

At this point, what I'm more wrong about is not my view of OKC, but it's my view that they'd have competition at the 50 win marker.

They're a half game back with a top 4 caliber team that's now healthy. The question at this point isn't whether they'll make the playoffs but how high of a seed can they get.

You were hilariously wrong. Just own it and we can all move on.

• Options
    I realize it's one game and there's still a lot of need to LIPO, but with Durant's ankle injury tonight, combined with Golden State coming back from a MASSIVE 1st quarter deficit tonight, who knows what will happen going forward.

I will definitely say that a healthy KD looks like he's on a mission.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I realize it's one game and there's still a lot of need to LIPO, but with Durant's ankle injury tonight, combined with Golden State coming back from a MASSIVE 1st quarter deficit tonight, who knows what will happen going forward.

I will definitely say that a healthy KD looks like he's on a mission.

Just stop. It was a close loss against the Warriors without Durant for the second half. The Thunder are a top 4 team in the league and have been for about 5 years now.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

My Clippers?

I like watching them - but I've never been a Clipper fan or anything more than an observer of them. Same concept that I have with Golden State - who has grown up and learned to play some defense which makes them a legit contender in the West.

It's Golden State right now that looks like they are the biggest threat to San Antonio.

I know you aren't an actual Clippers fan, but you chose them to sweep Golden State last year and beat the Thunder. Then you called them a contender before this season. OKC is making the playoffs. KD and Westbrook are coming back any day, Westbrook maybe as early as Friday.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11934264/kevin-durant-russell-westbrook-return-oklahoma-city-thunder-practice
    How can you remember this stuff?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

They're 12-14 now. They make the playoffs barring more injuries. Teams like the Suns and Rockets are chumps they can probably pass at this point. I hope I'm wrong as the Blunder are a joke and F Okies etc.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

#MyMavs

Hell bells! I finally have a fren!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,387