Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mark CubanFS

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
I know he's trolling, but he comes off as a dumbass saying shit like this. The Thunder will make the playoffs and they always have a chance with Durant and Westbrook. Even if they did tank, there probably don't get the top pick and there likely is no Tim Duncan in the draft.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/11849585/mark-cuban-oklahoma-city-thunder-mull-race-bottom

Comments

• Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    the thunder aren't gonna make the playoffs lol, they are 3-8 hitting 3-9 tonight, the suns went 48-34 and didn't get in last year, and you're insane if you think the thunder will catch the blazers
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bigcc said:

the thunder aren't gonna make the playoffs lol, they are 3-8 hitting 3-9 tonight, the suns went 48-34 and didn't get in last year, and you're insane if you think the thunder will catch the blazers

20 Sven bucks they make the playoffs as long as Durant and Westbrook are back by Christmas. They won't be higher than a 6, but they will get in. The Blazers will he higher than the 8 seed.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Of the current 8 teams in the West in the playoff picture 1/8th of the way through the season, only Sacramento would be a team that you'd expect to probably not be there in the end.

They have 22 games between now and the end of the year. Let's say that they get to .500 over that stretch. That makes them 14-19 after 33 games with 49 games remaining.

If you assume that they need to get to 50 wins to just get into the playoffs as the 8th seed, they would need to go 36-13 over the remaining 49 games to get into the playoffs with most of those games against a loaded Western Conference that I would expect will do everything they can to make sure that they DON'T get into the playoffs.

Of course, if they go anything less than .500 over that remaining 22 game stretch to the end of the year, now you're looking at an even smaller margin of error. And BTW, their schedule was front loaded with the dreck of the league and they are still struggling ... so I would definitely be on the side that says that they won't make the playoffs at this point.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Remember that not getting in with 48 wins was a very rare year. Any other year, they would have gotten in. It will certainly take 45+, but it's too early to say they need 50 wins. Tequilla, you absolutely hate the Thunder and I get it, but you always pick them to lose.
  • Options
    C'mon ... stop twisting here.

There's no doubt that I hate the Bastard Sonics ... but there's nothing that I said in my post that was in any way tied to any emotions in that regard.

Take away Sacramento, who of the other 7 teams in the top 8 in the West right now would you expect to NOT end up with 50 wins?

From what I've seen of New Orleans and Phoenix, I would expect both to have a good shot at being over .500 and push in the 45-50 win range.

Plus, if I was being biased, I would have assumed that the Bastard Sonics went worse than .500 over their next 22 games given that they are 3-8 right now over an 11 game span. You could easily argue that I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

C'mon ... stop twisting here.

There's no doubt that I hate the Bastard Sonics ... but there's nothing that I said in my post that was in any way tied to any emotions in that regard.

Take away Sacramento, who of the other 7 teams in the top 8 in the West right now would you expect to NOT end up with 50 wins?

From what I've seen of New Orleans and Phoenix, I would expect both to have a good shot at being over .500 and push in the 45-50 win range.

Plus, if I was being biased, I would have assumed that the Bastard Sonics went worse than .500 over their next 22 games given that they are 3-8 right now over an 11 game span. You could easily argue that I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not sure because someone will get injured. One of those teams will struggle. If Durant and Westbrook are healthy by Christmas they are going to go on a big run. By the second half of the season, half the teams will be in tank mode. The season isn't a month old.
  • Options
    even 14-19 is a ridiculous assumption, they are 1-3 since last week, why would they suddenly start wining? Of those 22 games 11 are on the road (where they always are noticeably worse), and 14 are against teams .500 or above, which they are 1-6 against.

And thats assuming that both durant and westbrook dont suffer a setback of any sort and ease back in fairly quickly, it just simply isn't going to happen.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bigcc said:

even 14-19 is a ridiculous assumption, they are 1-3 since last week, why would they suddenly start wining? Of those 22 games 11 are on the road (where they always are noticeably worse), and 14 are against teams .500 or above, which they are 1-6 against.

And thats assuming that both durant and westbrook dont suffer a setback of any sort and ease back in fairly quickly, it just simply isn't going to happen.

Fair and valid point. I-3 in the last week with an OT loss where Jackson missed a great look at the buzzer and a 3 point loss. We'll see where they end up.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I'd also like to note the thunder have more remaining games vs. .500+ teams than any other team in the NBA, despite only one team having played more games

EDIT: They lost the OT game by 7... at home.... to the 3-6 pistons

EDIT EDIT: and they lost all 3 by at least 4 points.....
  • Options
    Not trying to be annoying I just thoroughly enjoy the thunders suffering.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The Thunder will make the playoffs but they're gonna have to run Durant and Westbrook into the ground to do it. I could even see them upsetting the 1 or 2 seed in the first round on emotion, but they're not making it out of the second round, they're going to be completely spent.
  • Options
    how are they going to do that when they're coming off injuries? As soon as they're good to go they're gonna be going full time? I don't think either will be like Rose but they're not gonna rush anything. Keep in mind they won't be in basketball shape, and everyone else will be in mid-season form.
  • Options
    Yeah... has going 0-3 since the last post convinced you yet that their season is over? The only team with a worse record is purposely tanking
  • Options
    It's too bad for the Bastard Sonics that David Stern isn't in charge of the league anymore ... they'd be guaranteed to walk into the #1 pick.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They are digging a hole. Still, LIPO until the two main guys come back. They could go on some big runs once they do. Or they will come back too late. Or they will be rusty and it won't click in time. It's not even December.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    In the 1986-87 season the Sonics made the playoffs with a 39-43 record and ended up advancing to the Western Conference Finals where they got swept by the Lakers 4-0. Xavier McDaniel, Tom Chambers, Dales Ellis... Back when I cared about the NBA.
  • Options

In the 1986-87 season the Sonics made the playoffs with a 39-43 record and ended up advancing to the Western Conference Finals where they got swept by the Lakers 4-0. Xavier McDaniel, Tom Chambers, Dales Ellis... Back when I cared about the NBA.

Dynamite drop-in Monty
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Dynamite drop-in Monty

Fly ball to the short stop......caught.

• Options
    Forget about whether or not KD or RW is on the roster right now, they are worse than the Lakers. 15 games into the season they are worse than every team in the league that is trying to win (76ers don't count).

I still say that you need 50 wins to get into the playoffs in the West, Bastard Sonics now need to go 49-20 the rest of the way to get in. Good luck with that.

At any time RD, you can just say that you were wrong.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014
    Tequilla said:

Forget about whether or not KD or RW is on the roster right now, they are worse than the Lakers. 15 games into the season they are worse than every team in the league that is trying to win (76ers don't count).

I still say that you need 50 wins to get into the playoffs in the West, Bastard Sonics now need to go 49-20 the rest of the way to get in. Good luck with that.

At any time RD, you can just say that you were wrong.

Both guys are back at practice. They might even return Friday. Your track record predicting NBA sucks. Good luck to your Clippers getting out of the first round. 49-20 is nothing if both guys are motivated (they will be). You better pray they both get injured again.