Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What SoftyFS is hearing

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

No question that expecting Ross To play at Peters' level this week probably isn't going to happen.

That being said there are opportunities to cover what you are losing w Peters and Ross at least athletically will be able to help there.

One thing people need to not anchor to is that the positions that players have been playing at are necessarily their best positions. It's possible that RB is Shaq's best position. It's possible that Ross' best position may be as a DB.

The difference is that I can't see Ross blowing up run plays like Peters could. It's rare to have a corner that hits as hard as he does and has all the cover abilities.
  • MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    Another Twatter gem from today... Doog of the week competition is fierce

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Another Twatter gem from today... Doog of the week competition is fierce

Twatter never more appropriate.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Tequilla said:

FREE PUB!!!

No monster long post ... Peter's was given multiple chances to figure it out but he thought he was bigger than the team. Cancerous enough Apple that he can slow down the necessary culture change.

If Ross embraces the change to CB then there isn't a significant step backwards. We now know why Ross is at CB. And let's be honest, Ross' only asset at WR is his speed - that asset plays best at CB.

That's a pretty big assumption. Ross has a little experience at CB, but he's been practicing there for a week. To expect him to play at an All Conference level this season is a stretch.
    TSIO.

By next year I could see Ross being at the point where he isn't a significant step back. That's when it will count.
    Based on what? It would be great if true, but Peters was projected by many to be a first round draft pick.
    So was Jack H Lockner. #1 overall in fact.

What good did that do?
    Peters was actually good on the field. This move doesn't matter because TSIO and he was leaving after the season anyways, but Peters was always really good.
    Lockner was better than Peters. Not even close.

• DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    TheGlove said:

Can we get a Huskie Roadkill List going:

Stringfellow
    Stringfellow
    Stringfellow
    Hobert
    Stringfellow
    ?

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

He made this decision for his newly born kid. He knew that he could get ready for the draft instead of having to play for a church school coach.

I'm glad he started thinking about his family.

Turns out his kid had the crud.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tequilla said:

FREE PUB!!!

No monster long post ... Peter's was given multiple chances to figure it out but he thought he was bigger than the team. Cancerous enough Apple that he can slow down the necessary culture change.

If Ross embraces the change to CB then there isn't a significant step backwards. We now know why Ross is at CB. And let's be honest, Ross' only asset at WR is his speed - that asset plays best at CB.

That's a pretty big assumption. Ross has a little experience at CB, but he's been practicing there for a week. To expect him to play at an All Conference level this season is a stretch.
    TSIO.

By next year I could see Ross being at the point where he isn't a significant step back. That's when it will count.
    Based on what? It would be great if true, but Peters was projected by many to be a first round draft pick.

What good did that do?
    Peters was actually good on the field. This move doesn't matter because TSIO and he was leaving after the season anyways, but Peters was always really good.

whoosh?
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

FREE PUB!!!

TSIO.

What good did that do?

whoosh?
    Nope.

Just stating the facts.

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

FREE PUB!!!

TSIO.

What good did that do?

whoosh?
    Nope.

Just stating the facts.
    In that case, disafuckingree
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

FREE PUB!!!

TSIO.

What good did that do?

whoosh?
    Nope.

Just stating the facts.
    So if you're putting a team together, you'd rather have Peters than Lockner?

GTFO
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

FREE PUB!!!

TSIO.

What good did that do?

whoosh?
    Nope.

Just stating the facts.

GTFO
    Jake a better athlete, Peters a more effective player.

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

FREE PUB!!!

TSIO.

What good did that do?

whoosh?
    Nope.

Just stating the facts.

GTFO
    I'd rather have a great safety than a great CB. That's just me.

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

FREE PUB!!!

TSIO.

What good did that do?

whoosh?
    Nope.

Just stating the facts.

GTFO
    NFL salaries and draft positions disagree.

And Locker's greatness at safety is theoretical at best. A guy who can't ever stay healthy is supposed to excel at strong safety?

Disafuckingree.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

FREE PUB!!!

TSIO.

What good did that do?

whoosh?
    Nope.

Just stating the facts.

GTFO

And Locker's greatness at safety is theoretical at best. A guy who can't ever stay healthy is supposed to excel at strong safety?

Disafuckingree.
    Now it's a whoooosh.

C'mon man.

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

FREE PUB!!!

TSIO.

What good did that do?

whoosh?
    Nope.

Just stating the facts.

GTFO
    Unless Ronnie Fouch is my other choice at QB, yes.

Now if we're factoring in off the field/chemistry/culture stuff then that closes the gap some, but the context here was the on the field void Peters is leaving so I don't think that's a consideration.

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

FREE PUB!!!

TSIO.

What good did that do?

whoosh?
    Nope.

Just stating the facts.

GTFO

Disafuckingree.
    Now it's a whoooosh.

C'mon man.
    Praise be to Locknah!
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,162

FYI guys, Peterman will be fired in two years according to this fucktard on Twatter:

Fucktard Alert: I think we will be a Top 10 team circa the time @NWSportsNerd is thinking Peterman will be fired.
    Based on what?