Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

For all the Jonathan Smith haters

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

BayDawg said:

While I dont think we will, after watching this shitty game between Arizona and ucla we could win the rest of them.

Exactly. This conference sucks and Peterman should be taking advantage of this shit.

It's so fucking irritating.

BayDawg said:

While I dont think we will, after watching this shitty game between Arizona and ucla we could win the rest of them.

Exactly. This conference sucks and Peterman should be taking advantage of this shit.

It's so fucking irritating.
    If we had average QB play we could be looking at an 11 or 12 win season
    And still not be one of the 30 best teams in the country.

Truth, but 11-2 is pretty cool man.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    21 of the 40 carries were run by running backs....13 by cyler, remaining were wideouts and lindquist
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited November 2014
    dnc said:

We threw 19 passes and ran 40 times.

He's not my favorite OC, but today was well called.

The goal is to be a threat both running and passing so opposing teams can't focus on only one aspect of our offense. After the game both neuheisel and allioti agreed that UW can't expect to win their remaining games "without a QB."

What your numbers show is that we're one dimensional.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Passion said:

dnc said:

We threw 19 passes and ran 40 times.

He's not my favorite OC, but today was well called.

The goal is to be a threat both running and passing so opposing teams can't focus on only one aspect of our offense. After the game both neuheisel and allioti agreed that UW can't expect to win their remaining games "without a QB."

What your numbers show is that we're one dimensional.
    What my numbers show is that we called the game they needed to to win.

jecornel said:

21 of the 40 carries were run by running backs....13 by cyler, remaining were wideouts and lindquist

Haven't most of us been begging for Cyler to run the ball more?

21 carries for the RB's is not terrible. We have a converted LB and a three time ACL tear at RB, and NOTHING after that. They can't afford to get either one of them hurt. Mixing Cyler into the running game is the perfect way to keep the ball on the ground while not overexposing Shaq or Cooper to injury.

Yes, I realize not all of those 13 carries by Cyler were designed runs, but quite a few of them were.

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Did I ever say that 10-3 or 11-2 this year would make us a top team in the country? Absolutely not. We've got many flaws on this team.

But this program could definitely use some strengths going forward, help solidify Petersen's reputation against naysayers, get an incremental pickup in recruiting, and help position us for stronger years to come.

The above is against the fringe. Most are behind Petersen. Recruiting is already strong. We know the program is in a good position going forward. But anything incremental that can help to speed up the process, help in the culture change, and getting everybody on board faster the better.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,963
    edited November 2014
    Didn't watch most of it because the season is over, but Colorado has one of the worst defenses in the nation (116th scoring, giving up almost 39 points per game and 488 yards per game).

I don't think we got over those averages against them...
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Didn't watch most of it because the season is over, but Colorado has one of the worst defenses in the nation (116th scoring, giving up almost 39 points per game and 488 yards per game).

True, but a pick-six and PR for TD will tend to lower offensive production.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tequilla said:

Did I ever say that 10-3 or 11-2 this year would make us a top team in the country? Absolutely not. We've got many flaws on this team.

But this program could definitely use some strengths going forward, help solidify Petersen's reputation against naysayers, get an incremental pickup in recruiting, and help position us for stronger years to come.

The above is against the fringe. Most are behind Petersen. Recruiting is already strong. We know the program is in a good position going forward. But anything incremental that can help to speed up the process, help in the culture change, and getting everybody on board faster the better.

I thought the adversity faced this year was going to make us a better program in the future?
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

To you point, UW basically ran 22 plays in the 2nd half (taking out the kneel downs to end the game).

To you point, UW basically ran 22 plays in the 2nd half (taking out the kneel downs to end the game).

I was happy with the second half adjustments.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Nobody knows what this team will look like next year. Nobody knows how these coaches will develop existing talent and their recruits. Nobody knows how the new culture will catch on.

If he is who we think he is we will see improvement in all areas weekly. Through the end of this season and into next.

No more writing off seasons to get to the next one which will be special.

Fuck that

Unfortunately, I think we have one more season of that shit.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    edited November 2014

Nobody knows what this team will look like next year. Nobody knows how these coaches will develop existing talent and their recruits. Nobody knows how the new culture will catch on.

If he is who we think he is we will see improvement in all areas weekly. Through the end of this season and into next.

Fuck that

Could be but it shouldn't be stagnant. They should be looking better as it goes
    Shit if the redshirts can make 81% of the contribution that Pettis is making right now, we'll have some guys out there that play football. I'm not saying Petersen is going to bat .1000 in recruiting, but like I've been saying I think we've all kind of forgotten what actual productive classes look like.
    edited November 2014

Fuck that

Shit if the redshirts can make 80% of the contribution that Pettis is making right now, we'll have some guys out there that play football. I'm not saying Petersen is going to bat .1000 in recruiting, but like I've been saying I think we've all kind of forgotten what actual productive classes look like.
    That's basically the DM party line.

.1000 is Mariner first baseman fucking awful.

Batting average superiority guy

Fuck that

Shit if the redshirts can make 81% of the contribution that Pettis is making right now, we'll have some guys out there that play football. I'm not saying Petersen is going to bat .1000 in recruiting, but like I've been saying I think we've all kind of forgotten what actual productive classes look like.
    This

And we are used to the longer they stay the worse they play
    That's the beacon of hope. Pettis, Baker, @DisslyDawg‌ (RIP), Jones, Lenius, etc, are playing well, and visibly improving weekly.