Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to SunnyDodger

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

I actually detail this in my first podcast, please have a listen:

http://uwdawgfan.wix.com/huskies#!podcasts/c21nl

The guys on the huskyfan podcast, use perverse language to deride other outlets and other fans (again I went over this in the podcast), they criticize any critical analysis of the team, they are in love with cyler miles and deride anyone who thinks he is not the guy, etc, again all of this is in the podcast. their hatred of sark, dawgman, softy, hugh, etc are another aspect of this which divides the fan base and it is also detailed in the podcast.

You explain in the Podcast the the trio are wrong when they said Sark wasn't a good coach. But you didn't explain how they were wrong. In a way you both are right. Sark did a good job going from 0 wins to 8, but he didn't improve from year 3 and on. UW was still getting hammered by Oregon, and other quality opponents on the road. It wasn't that he lost competitively, he got HAMMERED by these teams, consistently.

I think we all know now they were right about Cyler Miles. He isn't great, but he might be the best option right now to win games. I will contend that there is an argument that they should get Williams or Lundquist some run, because they may have a higher ceiling, as they aren't afraid to take chances.

Dawgman has shown a history of distorting truth. Kim went on record for over a year talking about the Oregon hammer. What hammer? What about calling prospects that don't go to UW idiots. Yeah he did that. We have screenshots. I don't really have a problem with Softy or Hugh, every fan base radio station has them. Their honks, but almost every local host is like that.

I see what you are saying but the premise still stands, These guys have an agenda, they are trying to pretend that they don't and that is what they tell the fans. This puts the fans under a false premise that they are getting accurate information about the team and the program. This causes angst and animosity among fans that would otherwise use that energy to lift up the program.

Sark was a good coach, they refuse to admit even a little of that truth. This again causes division among the fans. If you are so blind as to not admit any good that Sark did then you are actively working to tear down the program and the fan base. Those fools, those fools to say that kind of divisive things.

As for the other stuff, discussion is good, but these guys take shutting down the opposition to a new level and the vitriol they do it with is very offensive and very vulgar.

Look what Sark is doing at USC. He has taken one of the most talented teams in the Conference and made them a 5-3 team. His play calling alone has cost them 2 games (ASU, and Utah). Sark did good things at UW, but ignoring the negative means your doing the same exact thing but in the opposite way. See what I did there?

There isn't a right or wrong answer, but to assume everything is all peachy isn't a solution to the issues. In fact, you are probably enraging the other side even more and causing an even bigger fracture. So when you are trying to fix the problem, you are actually making it worse. HTH
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,435
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I see what you are saying but the premise still stands, These guys have an agenda, they are trying to pretend that they don't and that is what they tell the fans. This puts the fans under a false premise that they are getting accurate information about the team and the program. This causes angst and animosity among fans that would otherwise use that energy to lift up the program.

Sark was a good coach, they refuse to admit even a little of that truth. This again causes division among the fans. If you are so blind as to not admit any good that Sark did then you are actively working to tear down the program and the fan base. Those fools, those fools to say that kind of divisive things.

As for the other stuff, discussion is good, but these guys take shutting down the opposition to a new level and the vitriol they do it with is very offensive and very vulgar.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

EAFD
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited October 2014
    If you define "success" as:

4-5, 5-4, 5-4, 5-4, 5-4

You might not have a good handle on being better than mediocre

(edit: forgot one 5-4. They all blend together)
    Founders Club

Yes, we had an agenda with Sark. He needed to go. We all thought Petersen was a great hire. I'm certainly not fluffing him up and have been underwhelmed this season. I'm probably one of the most critical of him on this site. Chest and I think Miles is the best QB. James seems to disagree. There is no fucking agenda. It's entertainment. We say whatever the fuck we want to say on the podcast.

It's not an information podcast. All the information for fans is available at the Seattle Times or TNT. That is Adam Jude's job. We discuss our thoughts on Husky Football. We aren't insiders. It's a fan podcast on the internet. We can say whatever we want. Thanks for listening and thinking we have so much influence on other fans.
    I'll follow you anywhere.
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Yes, we had an agenda with Sark. He needed to go. We all thought Petersen was a great hire. I'm certainly not fluffing him up and have been underwhelmed this season. I'm probably one of the most critical of him on this site. Chest and I think Miles is the best QB. James seems to disagree. There is no fucking agenda. It's entertainment. We say whatever the fuck we want to say on the podcast.

It's not an information podcast. All the information for fans is available at the Seattle Times or TNT. That is Adam Jude's job. We discuss our thoughts on Husky Football. We aren't insiders. It's a fan podcast on the internet. We can say whatever we want. Thanks for listening and thinking we have so much influence on other fans.
    I'll follow you anywhere.
    I'll try my best to lead you to a big tittied chick with tattoos.
    I fucking love you, no matter what SEBAR thinks about our forbidden perversion.
    Founders Club
    Not the first time Super Mario has given me wood.

#summerof'87
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

pawz said:

pawz said:

If you looked up 'ultimate doog' in the Dictionary, you would see a picture of SunnyDodger.

Hey now, this could be perceived as offensive to the retards that post here.

Just tell PGOS he can wear his superman-cape to bed tonight. He'll be fine.

The obsession continues...

Thanks for plagiarism my shit fucko.

You are misrepresenting my statements, a common tactic used on outlets like the huskyfan podcast. I am not saying that Sark was the best coach in the world, or that he would be good at USC, what I said is that he did a really good job here, and to deny that is denying recent success of the program which hurts it because then you fall back to Willingham for reference. This is not the time or place to debate the job he is doing at USC, my concern is with UW.

From AZ Duck

"4-5, 5-4, 5-4, 5-4, 5-4"

Sark's conference record over 5 years. Where's the improvement. He took thee conference record from 0-9 to 4-5 to 5-4. What about the last three years? Sark wasn't horrible but he was mediocre in every way possible. Dawgman, propped Sark up like he was a savior, where most people here knew after year three, he wasn't going to take UW to the next level. It sounds like you are fine with constant 6-8 win seasons, but many here want to see constant 10 wins seasons like my team enjoys.

I am not saying that I want mediocrity but you have to look at everything in context. Sark had a consistent conference record that was mediocre, BUT outside of the Ducks and Stanford who had better conference records that were showing more improvement? I would like to see that list, I would assume it is pretty small and mainly include either USC or UCLA which is good company. 5-4 or 4-5 are what most decent programs are going to do in this conference teams don't regularly win 6-9 pac 12 conference games outside of LA.

As for the Huskyfan podcast, I understand you are a fan podcast, but you have a responsibility to the fans since you are attached to a Husky outlet like this website. The fans use outlets like this webpage and that podcast to gather information about the team and the program and they get a sense of the mood of the fan base and the information coming out of the program. I have sources inside the program I am fully available to forward information that will add to the analysis.

So you are ok with UW being ranked 4th through 6th consistently in this conference? Would the fan base be happy with that in 1991? 1992? heck, 2000? 2001?. You are allowing a horrible coach in Ty Willingham and the ghost of 0-12 to skew your perspective. This team has not improved since 2011. Can you agree with that? You are out of the shadows, but now isn't the time you guys should be complacent.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

No, please show me a time when UW was consistenly 1 or 2 in the conference? please look at the history and outside of a 10 year stretch from 1984 to 1994, our history mimics the current Sarkish trends.

Umm from 1978 to 2002, UW finished in the top 3 of the conference 22 times. 22 out of 25 years. I believe first or 2nd 18 times.

And Petersen came to UW because he believes he can build a program that can compete for national championships.
    edited October 2014

I said 1st or 2nd not 3rd and the caveat was to exclude the ten years from 1984 to 1994 since that appears to be the exception to the rule

That still leaves 1st or 2nd in conference 8 out of 14 years after taking away years 84'-94' from 78' until 02'. That's still a very dominant run. I will give you that the current team is much better than the years under Ty, and the end of the Neuheisel era, but the improvement has stalled. I'm sorry, but if you are not getting better, you are getting worse, because other teams around you are getting better.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

how do you see the improvement as stalled, we won 9 last year didn't we? and that was an improvement from the previous years.

Sark won 8. Don't gift him anything.

Mendenhall would have plungered the Huskies last year with Sark hungover at the helm. With Tui coaching the game it was Sankey, Sankey and more Sankey.

Sark + 37 bubble screens = Bowl Loss and an 8-5 season.