Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

LIFPO

Comments

• DuckinTurkeyDuckinTurkey Member Posts: 38
    topdawgnc said:

PurpleJ said:

I will say this about Chip / Peterman.

We all laughed at Dennis Dixon as a joke of a QB who folded under pressure for 3 years and as soon as Chip arrived at Oregon he looked like the best player in college Football. Thankfully the knee was the MVP of that season.

Chip didn't need multiple years to turn shit QBs into gold. That these 3 look like such crap is troubling

Chip also had a stable of quality running backs and an OL.
    And Uncle Phil ...
    And the dancing cuntwhore on the sidelines. Oh shit boner in sweatpants is coming and so is mother, must go now.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Canard said:

The explanation is easy.

Two and three game seasons for spud state and Kellen Moore being phenomal from day one. Lots of coaches look great with an NFL caliber QB, limited walking wounded, and extra weeks to prepare.

Part of my theorizing is that the weekly big boy grind exposes peenermans shortcomings in lots of areas. He's already showing poorly in roster management.

Chip Kelly was a phenomenal coach.

But got butt fucked by Les Miles, Tressel, Peterman, and couldn't beat Auburn ... with weeks to prepare.

I also wonder why Slingblade is somehow ready to be a big time coach. He was 0-0 before taking over the most well funded program in the PAC.

If Peterman was at Stanford, Oregon, or SC ... he would be fine. At Washington he is just fine on defense ... it is the offense he has to clean up.

I know it is hard for you to understand ... but 92-12 against competition who has equal resources is pretty fucking good.

You seem obsessed with Peterman ... me thinks you realize he was a better hire than your coach and you are spending a lot of trying to convince yourself you are wrong for your fear.
  • CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

The explanation is easy.

Two and three game seasons for spud state and Kellen Moore being phenomal from day one. Lots of coaches look great with an NFL caliber QB, limited walking wounded, and extra weeks to prepare.

Part of my theorizing is that the weekly big boy grind exposes peenermans shortcomings in lots of areas. He's already showing poorly in roster management.

But got butt fucked by Les Miles, Tressel, Peterman, and couldn't beat Auburn ... with weeks to prepare.

I also wonder why Slingblade is somehow ready to be a big time coach. He was 0-0 before taking over the most well funded program in the PAC.

If Peterman was at Stanford, Oregon, or SC ... he would be fine. At Washington he is just fine on defense ... it is the offense he has to clean up.

I know it is hard for you to understand ... but 92-12 against competition who has equal resources is pretty fucking good.

You seem obsessed with Peterman ... me thinks you realize he was a better hire than your coach and you are spending a lot of trying to convince yourself you are wrong for your fear.
    1) If Chip had a coaching flaw in college, it was that he was too stubborn. He's since just gone with what is working rather than prove he can run the ball at all costs.

2) chip tapped Slingblade as a worthy replacement. Whether that pans out remains to be seen. We aren't the most well funded program in the Pac, btw.

3) peenerman inherited the UW defensive personnel. He's not a defensive architect or coach.

4) spud st. was more equal than equal compared to its wac/MWC peers. Especially as regards TV exposure.

5) I've been against peenerman since when morons in our fanbase were floating his name to replace Bellotti. Always viewed CCP as fraudulent. His last two truckster campaigns should be worrisome.

Lastly, this place is for entertainment. Being contrarian about peenerman is far more fun than is the standard fellating of him going on around here.
    Canard said:

topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

The explanation is easy.

1) If Chip had a coaching flaw in college, it was that he was too stubborn. He's since just gone with what is working rather than prove he can run the ball at all costs.

2) chip tapped Slingblade as a worthy replacement. Whether that pans out remains to be seen. We aren't the most well funded program in the Pac, btw.

3) peenerman inherited the UW defensive personnel. He's not a defensive architect or coach.

4) spud st. was more equal than equal compared to its wac/MWC peers. Especially as regards TV exposure.

5) I've been against peenerman since when morons in our fanbase were floating his name to replace Bellotti. Always viewed CCP as fraudulent. His last two truckster campaigns should be worrisome.

Lastly, this place is for entertainment. Being contrarian about peenerman is far more fun than is the standard fellating of him going on around here.
    1) Which is it, Chip coached to the talent he had ... or he was stubborn. Previous posts you talk about how Chip mol

2) Oh ... because Chip "tapped" him he is ready for the big leagues ... more so than a guy who went 92-12 ... gotcha.

3) Slingblade inherited his entire team. He may have been on the staff, but none of us are stupid.

4) That lead to 92-12! WOW! Television makes better coaches!

5) Whaaat? Bellotti was pushed out to make room for Chip ... let's not fool ourselves.

Lastly ... what ever stains your sweatpants.

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

I'm not arguing that Petersen is better than Chip. Chip is awesome.

But none of you knew that when Bellotti brought him from nowhere.

And Bellotti built a hell of a lot better program than Sark to follow.

Invalid comparison. Kelly had just as big of a hand in what Kelly inheritted as Bellotti did. Before Kelly showed up, Bellotti was Sark.
    salemcoog said:

Invalid comparison. Kelly had just as big of a hand in what Kelly inheritted as Bellotti did. Before Kelly showed up, Bellotti was Sark.
    I didn't realize Sark won a BCS equivalent game ...
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    topdawgnc said:

salemcoog said:

I didn't realize Sark won a BCS equivalent game ...
    If we're bashing the Holiday Bowel victory over a checked out Husker team or a moral victory in the Alamo bowel against RGIII.... what the fuck am I here for?
  • CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

The explanation is easy.

1) Which is it, Chip coached to the talent he had ... or he was stubborn. Previous posts you talk about how Chip mol

2) Oh ... because Chip "tapped" him he is ready for the big leagues ... more so than a guy who went 92-12 ... gotcha.

3) Slingblade inherited his entire team. He may have been on the staff, but none of us are stupid.

5) Whaaat? Bellotti was pushed out to make room for Chip ... let's not fool ourselves.

Fucking hell. At least land your blows in the same fucking area code as where the shots came from.

1) play design and play calling are different beasts. Can be a mad scientist in one and foolish at times in the other. Chip regularly admitted to his own FS play calling moments.

2) I'll take chip's talent evaluation at face value until it is demonstrably wrong. Anointment was the same way he essentially got to be HC without a HC track record. I'd give the guy who discovered Mariota, installed a better conceived passing game, and has since added some pistol concepts to make the offense more varied and harder to prepare for, a fair shot to prove himself a HC failure.

3) your aside about Hellboy has nothing to do with peenerman having no defensive coaching relevance. You give him defensive credit he doesn't deserve and shield him from the criticism on offense he rightfully earns.

4) TV lead to more exposure which was pointed out to recruits, and helps tremendously in landing them. BSU was the Alabama of the WAC. Lots of good coaching, and lots of shithouse opponents scheduled. Can't get that marshmallow soft schedule save for three games a year in most pac seasons.

5) in 2002-2004, when Ludwig was the o coordinator and it looked like Tedford was the real magician, there was talk in our fan base of making a run at rising star peenerman. Stupid back then, stupid in 2006, stupid when Chip left, stupid if Hellmann's doesn't work out. He was too inexperienced in the early 2000s and we haven't fucked around with dinosaur ball since 2004.

Canard said:

topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

The explanation is easy.

Fucking hell. At least land your blows in the same fucking area code as where the shots came from.

1) play design and play calling are different beasts. Can be a mad scientist in one and foolish at times in the other. Chip regularly admitted to his own FS play calling moments.

2) I'll take chip's talent evaluation at face value until it is demonstrably wrong. Anointment was the same way he essentially got to be HC without a HC track record. I'd give the guy who discovered Mariota, installed a better conceived passing game, and has since added some pistol concepts to make the offense more varied and harder to prepare for, a fair shot to prove himself a HC failure.

3) your aside about Hellboy has nothing to do with peenerman having no defensive coaching relevance. You give him defensive credit he doesn't deserve and shield him from the criticism on offense he rightfully earns.

4) TV lead to more exposure which was pointed out to recruits, and helps tremendously in landing them. BSU was the Alabama of the WAC. Lots of good coaching, and lots of shithouse opponents scheduled. Can't get that marshmallow soft schedule save for three games a year in most pac seasons.

5) in 2002-2004, when Ludwig was the o coordinator and it looked like Tedford was the real magician, there was talk in our fan base of making a run at rising star peenerman. Stupid back then, stupid in 2006, stupid when Chip left, stupid if Hellmann's doesn't work out. He was too inexperienced in the early 2000s and we haven't fucked around with dinosaur ball since 2004.

Disagree
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Help me out here, @RoadDawg55, I'm not following why you are saying people are accepting a last place offense?

I think a vast majority of people out here agree with you that there is zero reason for UW to have the worst offense in the conference, even with a lack of talent. You should be able to scheme around to at least not be in the 9-12 range, especially in modern day college football.

I'm not trying to troll you, because I agree that last is unacceptable, just want to see why you keep saying people are accepting it?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2014

Help me out here, @RoadDawg55, I'm not following why you are saying people are accepting a last place offense?

I think a vast majority of people out here agree with you that there is zero reason for UW to have the worst offense in the conference, even with a lack of talent. You should be able to scheme around to at least not be in the 9-12 range, especially in modern day college football.

I'm not trying to troll you, because I agree that last is unacceptable, just want to see why you keep saying people are accepting it?

Nobody thinks a 12th place offense is okay, but look at all the posts blaming Jonathon Smith, Miles, the rest of the offensive talent, and Sark. There is some truth to all of them, but at some point it's on Petersen. Every week new excuses/reasons are made and rarely is any blame placed on Petersen. In my opinion, he's not doing a great job this year, at least in terms of on field results. Who cares about two or three years from now when the standard isn't being met this season?

If he had an offense that was better than the 9-12 range like you say he should, we would be at least 6-2, probably 7-1. Is it wrong to expect more out of an offensive minded coach? As bad as many think the talent is, it is also underachieving.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Nobody thinks a 12th place offense is okay, but look at all the posts blaming Jonathon Smith, Miles, the rest of the offensive talent, and Sark. There is some truth to all of them, but at some point it's on Petersen. Every week new excuses/reasons are made and rarely is any blame placed on Petersen. In my opinion, he's not doing a great job this year, at least in terms of on field results. Who cares about two or three years from now when the standard isn't being met this season? Of course we will LIFPO. We know he's not getting fired, but we aren't supposed to criticize him until year 3 when he has his own guys in there?

If he had an offense that was better than the 9-12 range like you say he should, we would be 7-1. Is it wrong to expect more out of an offensive minded coach?
    Nope, not at all.
  • beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    For all the bashing of sark u do realize he took u to Alamo bowl, second best bowl in conference, can guarandamtee u Peterson wont be there unless he buys a ticket
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited October 2014
    pawz said:

Canard said:

Who did Chip beat at New Hampshire? The fucking laundry thinks you're pressing

At NH, at UO, at Philly, Chip has demonstrated an ability to rapidly revamp his offensive scheme to fit his personnel, all while winning hardware.

By that standard, peenerman has accomplished shit.
    Your goal is *ahem* hardware. Ours is Waterford Crystal.
    L O fucking L. Your goal should be to teaching your running backs how to run forward instead of backwards. Then teach your quarterbacks how to play ball like they're in college and not still in high school. After that maybe you should try recruiting players instead of pussies. Then maybe you can set your sights on a game day championship and regular victories over the cuogs. Until then you'll be sniffing the butts of other dogs in the conference and lifting your legs to try to piss on the hardware of other teams.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,798
    beelzebub said:

For all the bashing of sark u do realize he took u to Alamo bowl, second best bowl in conference

You've got the coug persona nailed I'll give you that.

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam
    beelzebub said:

For all the bashing of sark u do realize he took u to Alamo bowl, second best bowl in conference, can guarandamtee u Peterson wont be there unless he buys a ticket

Our 7-6 (5-4 Pac-12) season with the Alamo Bowl was one to remember.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Chip didn't need multiple years to turn shit QBs into gold.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,568 Founders Club

topdawgnc said:

PurpleJ said:

We all laughed at Dennis Dixon as a joke of a QB who folded under pressure for 3 years and as soon as Chip arrived at Oregon he looked like the best player in college Football. Thankfully the knee was the MVP of that season.

Chip didn't need multiple years to turn shit QBs into gold. That these 3 look like such crap is troubling

Chip also had a stable of quality running backs and an OL.
    And Uncle Phil ...
    And the dancing cuntwhore on the sidelines. Oh shit boner in sweatpants is coming and so is mother, must go now.
    bump
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Just a reminder that I was first to harp on Pete’s offense being shitty when most were thinking it was all because of Cyler Miles.

@HeretoBeatmyChest ?