Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

LIFPO

haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
I'm confident this program will turn around by year 2-3. Our best receiver is a tiny guy who calls his unit the "Legion of Zoom" while catching the ball 50% of the time. Kasen sucks ass now, he's done nothing when targeted, so everyone stfu about him. Our best runningbacks play Linebacker or have torn their knee up 3 times. 3 absolute busts at the quarterback position, no one can throw accurately beyond 12 yards and defenses just pin their ears back. And the same personnel at Oline who've sucked ass forever. It really can't get worse from what was left to this staff on offense. And the one weakness we thought we'd have on defense has been greatly mitigated due to coaching up the freshmen. We're recruiting bigger linemen, sought-after linemen, and the skill guys Petersen has brought in (Pettis, Baker, Jones) have done well for true Frosh. Petersen has basically addressed the 'payday theory' in stating he wanted a change and a challenge. Well he's getting that.

I have no problem bringing in the cult-like church boys. We've seen the cocky overrated stuff for a long time now. It doesn't work without discipline. Let the coaching staff fix the mess that Sark left. Admit it, it just sucks to lose and there's always a seed of doubt when this shit happens to a new coach.

Comments

• CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    Some cults are more effective than others.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam
    Petersen said at the end of spring it'd take over a year before his system was implemented.

So we can't really count this year or the next three years against him. Need to wait until 2019 before we can begin to judge Petersen.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

haie said:

I'm confident this program will turn around by year 2-3. Our best receiver is a tiny guy who calls his unit the "Legion of Zoom" while catching the ball 50% of the time. Kasen sucks ass now, he's done nothing when targeted, so everyone stfu about him. Our best runningbacks play Linebacker or have torn their knee up 3 times. 3 absolute busts at the quarterback position, no one can throw accurately beyond 12 yards and defenses just pin their ears back. And the same personnel at Oline who've sucked ass forever. It really can't get worse from what was left to this staff on offense. And the one weakness we thought we'd have on defense has been greatly mitigated due to coaching up the freshmen. We're recruiting bigger linemen, sought-after linemen, and the skill guys Petersen has brought in (Pettis, Baker, Jones) have done well for true Frosh. Petersen has basically addressed the 'payday theory' in stating he wanted a change and a challenge. Well he's getting that.

I have no problem bringing in the cult-like church boys. We've seen the cocky overrated stuff for a long time now. It doesn't work without discipline. Let the coaching staff fix the mess that Sark left. Admit it, it just sucks to lose and there's always a seed of doubt when this shit happens to a new coach.

Solid.

I remember after EWU everyone talked about how our secondary was fucked and it would be years of painful growth as these guys were brought along.

And here we are with Baker showing what he will become, Jones doing well, and even King coming along.

If you get past the shit show of Miles ... and understand the OL sucks and has for 13 fucking years ... there are some glimpses of what Peterman wants to mold the team to.

To Race's point ... every coach wants his guys. Baker came here for a reason. Shelton says Peterman is a life changer ...

It's 8 games ... call me a doog, but I believe in Peterman ... and if I am wrong ... who fucking cares, it's been 13 years of this bullshit. I can wait for the next savior.</</b>blockquote>

Good poont. I do wonder though, if Peterman doesn't work out, how would we realistically ever make a better "slam dunk" hire. Peterman is, to me, the most established and respected Coach that we had any chance with. Saban? Forget it? Meyer? Ditto. On and on. Perhaps that is why I have gone all in on Peterman...there is no better realistic option. I hate sounding like a loser. Fuck. I hate everything.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,704 Founders Club
    Coaching hires are a cap shoot. You just have to be ready to flush after three years. Sark wasted 2 extra years here.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Exactly.

But like Race is fond of saying ... you keep firing until you find the right one.
    topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

Some cults are more effective than others.

Like 92-12 effective?
    Lulz, when 80+ of those or so were over the little sisters of the poor and poorer.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    A lot of pressing. Just fucking win. This dig a little deeper and give it time bullshit should be coming from Kim and Section14A, not halfbrains. Petersen might end up great, he might not. I loved the hire, but stop making excuses for him. Nobody expected a championship, but the offense is a fucking mess. It's not the QB. We won't have a great offense with the QB's we have, but 12th is fucking pathetic. The scheme sucks and this is the third straight season that has been true for Petersen. Petersen hired the QB coach from Boise State that wasn't even there when Boise State was good.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

A lot of pressing. Just fucking win. This dig a little deeper and give it time bullshit should be coming from Kim and Section14A, not halfbrains. Petersen might end up great, he might not. I loved the hire, but stop making excuses for him. Nobody expected a championship, but the offense is a fucking mess. It's not the QB. We won't have a great offense with the QB's we have, but 12th is fucking pathetic. The scheme sucks and this is the third straight season that has been true for Petersen. Petersen hired the QB coach from Boise State that wasn't even there when Boise State was good.

If you told me below average rb's, terrible quarterback (Miles is about 1 notch above terrible), below average Oline, and receivers that can't get contested balls, I'd guess 9-10th worse in conference. We're 12th because even the shit teams have decent quarterbacks and 1 go-to receiver. The Win Now stuff is a great mindset for a fanbase, but it's evident to me that not even Saban or anyone else would do anything with this personnel. Sark swung and missed a bunch of times because he simply has no clue of how to build a team. Even with highly rated skill guys he is gifted due to the school, he can't beat fucking Utah.
  • MortonhuskyMortonhusky Member Posts: 54
    Swaye said:

topdawgnc said:

haie said:

Solid.

I remember after EWU everyone talked about how our secondary was fucked and it would be years of painful growth as these guys were brought along.

And here we are with Baker showing what he will become, Jones doing well, and even King coming along.

If you get past the shit show of Miles ... and understand the OL sucks and has for 13 fucking years ... there are some glimpses of what Peterman wants to mold the team to.

To Race's point ... every coach wants his guys. Baker came here for a reason. Shelton says Peterman is a life changer ...

It's 8 games ... call me a doog, but I believe in Peterman ... and if I am wrong ... who fucking cares, it's been 13 years of this bullshit. I can wait for the next savior.</</b>blockquote>

Good poont. I do wonder though, if Peterman doesn't work out, how would we realistically ever make a better "slam dunk" hire. Peterman is, to me, the most established and respected Coach that we had any chance with. Saban? Forget it? Meyer? Ditto. On and on. Perhaps that is why I have gone all in on Peterman...there is no better realistic option. I hate sounding like a loser. Fuck. I hate everything.
    From the perspective of someone who enjoyed the ty years, that misses holt and baer, that was devastated when coach sark left, i can tell you that you guys will be alright. Peterson will give you respectability and a winning program.

It seems like most of you are getting it that a Don James like program is not only probably not going to happen, it isn't even possible anymore.

The program may turn into one of those AthletesInAction type gigs but winning with AIA guys is a hell of lot easier than Sark-types.

Who did Chip beat at New Hampshire? The fucking laundry thinks you're pressing

At NH, at UO, at Philly, Chip has demonstrated an ability to rapidly revamp his offensive scheme to fit his personnel, all while winning hardware.

By that standard, peenerman has accomplished shit.
    Canard said:

Who did Chip beat at New Hampshire? The fucking laundry thinks you're pressing

At NH, at UO, at Philly, Chip has demonstrated an ability to rapidly revamp his offensive scheme to fit his personnel, all while winning hardware.

By that standard, peenerman has accomplished shit.
    Not after 8 games at uo. He was the OC there. Get a fucking clue
  • SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    I will say this about Chip / Peterman.

We all laughed at Dennis Dixon as a joke of a QB who folded under pressure for 3 years and as soon as Chip arrived at Oregon he looked like the best player in college Football. Thankfully the knee was the MVP of that season.

Chip didn't need multiple years to turn shit QBs into gold. That these 3 look like such crap is troubling
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

This, if your 3 QBs, 4RBs, 17WRs, 0 TE, entire OL are all looking like the worst individual units in the pac12 your system fucking sucks
    I'm not arguing that Petersen is better than Chip. Chip is awesome.

But none of you knew that when Bellotti brought him from nowhere.

And Bellotti built a hell of a lot better program than Sark to follow.