Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

after falling to #3 on the depth chart, where does Miley transfer to?

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,276
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2014
    Rowland was better than Moon and Hobart was better than Brunell.

I didn't say any of those other things either.

I said Miles sucks. Because he does
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

What if Williams sucks?

He said next year. I would assume Karta Samuels and Browning will both get looks, I just can't see us going back to miles for any sort of significant period of time
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

You did say use Hobert as an example of a coach getting it wrong. Whatever. We will see how Williams does today and in the future. We disagree on Miles. I see him as a game manager who can win games with a strong running game. He's not good or horrible. He's average. It's no coincidence that every time we have ran the ball well, we have won and Miles has been fine. When we haven't, we lose and Miles sucks.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,532
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    How do I nominate this for POTD?

Mods?

Bleenor?

I love @RoadDawg55‌ for many reasons and his dooging for Cyler is only one of them.

But man, your vag is sure fucking sensitive about people here discouraging young Cyler.

I don't give a fuck about Miles or who plays QB. I've just seen this same scenario happen many times and 90% of the time, the back up is no better and often worse. I just want to see Williams play a real game, maybe even a few before crowning him and speculating where Miles will transfer to. Granted, the bar isn't all that high.

This is exactly what went on at doogman for years. Paus was better than Pickett, Durocher and Bonnell were better than Stanback, Fouch was a better passer than Locker (yes, a few said that), Miles was better than Price. Oh, but because Hobert was better than Brunell, it means Williams is going to do great.
    I guess, being that I never said any of those things, I find it weird that it is viewed as saying those things to say Cyler sucks because he sucks (there's a fucking sentence for you--Jesus).

Anyway, the only Husky QBs I have ever wanted replaced in my life are as follows: Eric Bjornson (I wanted Damon to play) & Casey Paus (Stanback was clearly better). I was too young to say anything about Moon/Rowland and I didn't know who the fuck we should play after Pelluer. I used to make fun of tards on dm.c for calling for the back up. "Isaiah's not a winner" then "Jake's not a winner" "Play Taylor Barton!" what the fuck ever.

All of our QBs have been pretty fucking good. In my mind we've had two actually shitty QBs in my life time, Paus and Miles. Both fucking suck.
  • Options
    I don't see miles as an average QB.

You did say use Hobert as an example of a coach getting it wrong. Whatever. We will see how Williams does today and in the future. We disagree on Miles. I see him as a game manager who can win games with a strong running game. He's not good or horrible. He's average. It's no coincidence that every time we have ran the ball well, we have won and Miles has been fine. When we haven't, we lose and Miles sucks.
    At some point you have to be able to win games passing the football, this isn't the 1980's.
    Miles doesn't have the ability to win a game with his arm, which is why he will never be the answer long term
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,276
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I did. It was.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Normally I would call @RoadDawg55‌ out for saying Miles is average, but after watching CFB this year I think he's probably right. It's just that the average QB is fucking terrible.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

At some point you have to be able to win games passing the football, this isn't the 1980's.
    Miles doesn't have the ability to win a game with his arm, which is why he will never be the answer long term
    Disagree. Stanford won two straight Pac 12 titles with a subpar passing game. LSU made a title game with Jarrett Lee and Jefferson at QB. Of course, we want a QB that can air it out, but you don't need one to win.

We can argue all day on Miles. There are so many other problems with this offense. I truly don't think it is easy to play QB in this scheme, with these RB's, and with Mickens as your #1 WR. The scheme is something to keep an eye on the rest of the season. We should be doing better on offense, regardless of who is playing QB. The fact is, Petersen's offenses have been average or worse since Kellen Moore graduated. It's easy to have a good offense with Kellen Moore at QB, but those guys are rare. A completely different scheme since Moore left. He hired a first time OC that was QB coach of the mediocre Boise State offenses. I wasn't around in the late 80', but Don James needed to adapt. I'm not completely convinced that is not the case with Petersen and his offense.

Price without Sankey, ASJ, a healthy Kasen, and Smith would struggle too. I think it's probable that Williams will struggle. Miles has his issues, and he certainly is a flawed QB, but just look how doogs always blamed Price, it's happening again with Miles. This offense has serious issues. I have repeated it many times that if we can't run the ball, we will continue to suck. We most likely do not have a great or even good QB on the roster. It's truly that simple.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Disagree. Stanford won two straight Pac 12 titles with a subpar passing game. LSU made a title game with Jarrett Lee and Jefferson at QB. Of course, we want a QB that can air it out, but you don't need one to win.

We can argue all day on Miles. There are so many other problems with this offense. I truly don't think it is easy to play QB in this scheme, with these RB's, and with Mickens as your #1 WR. The scheme is something to keep an eye on the rest of the season. We should be doing better on offense, regardless of who is playing QB. The fact is, Petersen's offenses have been average or worse since Kellen Moore graduated. It's easy to have a good offense with Kellen Moore at QB, but those guys are rare. A completely different scheme since Moore left. He hired a first time OC that was QB coach of the mediocre Boise State offenses. I wasn't around in the late 80', but Don James needed to adapt. I'm not completely convinced that is not the case with Petersen and his offense.

Price without Sankey, ASJ, a healthy Kasen, and Smith would struggle too. I think it's probable that Williams will struggle. Miles has his issues, and he certainly is a flawed QB, but just look how doogs always blamed Price, it's happening again with Miles. This offense has serious issues. I have repeated it many times that if we can't run the ball, we will continue to suck. We most likely do not have a great or even good QB on the roster. It's truly that simple.
    Did you really need a @Tequilla‌ territory doog-out to say that you love Cyler?
  • Options
    edited October 2014

dhdawg said:

Price never had the pass protection that miles is getting this year.
    Also when defenses don't have to respect the QB, it's pretty difficult to run the football. The offensive struggles have a lot more to do with miles than you're saying it is.
    And regarding the pass protection, please don't use sacks to prove it's bad, miles has brought a lot of that on himself
    Miles is a poor thrower of the football. You can say Stanford won with a below average passing attack, but Hogan can at least throw the football downfield
  • Options
    I'd like to see us run the ball better yes, but if we actually get something going down the field, the run gam will open up more
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Don't you think Williams has to prove himself before anointing him your blessed QB?
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1

If Miley did transfer, Montana or Montana State seem like logical choices. Somewhere in the Big Sky.

Neither of those would be an option- both tend to have more dynamic QB's than Miley has shown. Maybe Central?
  • Options
    Fenwick said:

Don't you think Williams has to prove himself before anointing him your blessed QB?

Anointing Williams as the blessed QB is epic dooging. All we know right now is Lindquist and Miles both suck, now we get to see if Williams sucks or not
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    if he sucks then you have a triple suck which is about all a man can take without passing out
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2014
    The pass protection is the same as last year. We've been trotting out the same mediocre at best OL for 3 years. They protect fine against shitty teams and get dominated by the good ones.

They didn't get good at pass protection all of a sudden. The old myth was they could run block. They couldn't, Sankey made those retards look decent.

We suck at running because we suck at running. That's FS to put t on Miles and I gave tons of examples of teams that ran well with bad QB's.
  • Options
    We suck at running, but if our passing attack wasn't limited to screens and 5 yards slants it would be better
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

We suck at running, but if our passing attack wasn't limited to screens and 5 yards slants it would be better

That must be why Wisconsin and Arizona last year were two of the best rushing teams in the country. If Sankey was still here he would be dominating again. Denker and Wisconsin's QB's after Russell Wilson are worse throwers than Miles. With your logic, WSU should be good at running because their passing game should open it up. We suck at running because the OL isn't good and the RB's don't break any tackles in the second level. Teams aren't selling out to stop the run against us. They don't care about three and four yard runs.

I went back and specifically watched the Stanford game again because dummies on this board said this. They play two deep safeties and take away the deep ball and make Miley beat us in the intermediate game. If we could run, they would bring a safety down, opening up the passing game.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We'll see how Williams does tonight. We are all in agreement that Miles needed to play better. Williams deserves a shot to see if he has something. The excessive blame on Miles stupid though. I'm surprised this board has that mentality. The OL is very mediocre, the RB's are bad, the WR's aren't anything special. There is no Sark and his great offensive system to blame.

I/ we downplayed the importance of losing Sankey, ASJ, Kevin Smith, and nobody expected Kasen to be this bad/injured. With hindsight, it's not really surprising Miles has struggled against the good teams. Other than Price last year against Stanford, it had been a really long time since a UW QB played well against a good defense.
  • Options

We'll see how Williams does tonight. We are all in agreement that Miles needed to play better. Williams deserves a shot to see if he has something. The excessive blame on Miles stupid though. I'm surprised this board has that mentality. The OL is very mediocre, the RB's are bad, the WR's aren't anything special. There is no Sark and his great offensive system to blame.

I/ we downplayed the importance of losing Sankey, ASJ, Kevin Smith, and nobody expected Kasen to be this bad/injured. With hindsight, it's not really surprising Miles has struggled against the good teams. Other than Price last year against Stanford, it had been a really long time since a UW QB played well against a good defense.

Let it go. Miles is bad.