Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why is Sark fucking changing the offense in year 4

13»

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

brchco12 said:

I'll put my neck out and say I think Sark is installing the offense into the program to give his defense a chance to see it. I dont think we'll 100% commit to it, i think we might do it in spurts.

Sark is a pretty offense coach, hurry up ran to the level of Oregon isn't pretty. It's tickytack, subtle, and frustrating unless it's successful and the floodgates open. I just dont see Sark wanting to run it 100%.

i could be full of shit with my purple lensed glasses on, but if i'm him, I just watched my defense get shellshocked by every hurryup team we faced, and if I feel like it's the future, I want my defense to understand it and be conditioned for it. Granted, I dont know how great defenses prepare for it without facing it in practice.

You really need to see an Oregon practice to understand what goes into installing a hurry up mentality. Just throwing together a spread offense and using it on your defense isn't going to get it done. You need to install the hurry up to every facet of your practice to get acclimated to the speed and conditioning needed to defend it. That means every drill is in hurry up, you RUN to each station, etc. Sark's spring game bonanza explains everything you need to know about how well this hurry up is going to work. Sark doesn't have the discipline necessary to successfully get his team ready for it.

Now an easier way would be to get some beef on the defensive line and some speed at linebacker, but that limits the amount of 4 star WRs and DBs Sark is able to regress.
    That's not easier because that beef has to be athletic and football smart. Teams with those kind of D-Lines and Linebackers are nearly extinct in the PAC12. Washington and USC used to be those teams, the new Stanford is close, and of course they are in abundance in the SEC, and they don't care what kind of offense you throw at them. They're prepared and capable of defending it.
    Push up the middle and Heat from the edge
    Causation? Thinking about it, that quote seems a bit DM.c. In here it would be a better fit if changed to bare pickling the two hole while spanking some ass.
    Axe Passion
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,900 Founders Club