Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What I'm Hearing

13»

Comments

• CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Meek said:

so my thing was that I honestly never had my interest in observing Jack be groomed into an NFL quarterback... I simply wanted Washington to win and along the way, watch some fun football players and Jack was a lot of fun to watch when he ran the ball. Of course he wasn't a great passer but when he ran it was awesome. In fact, during the Ty/Sark years, most of the only moments to enjoy were Jake's runs.

This. I wanted Jake to get paid in the NFL, but no interest beyond that. The NFL is 90% boring AF.
    That is basically my thinking as well. The following is the only reason I care about the NFL:

1. UW player gets drafted
    2. UW player gets paid money
    3. UW player donates money back to UW football
    4. UW football doesn't fuck up
    5. Profit

Side note: I am looking forward to the day Spencer Hawes retires from basketball so he can become a booster. I've been eyeing his money since he entered the NBA.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,893 Founders Club
    Someone said this before, and it bears repeating. Why the hell did we not run spread when Jake (Jack?) was here? Then we switched when Keith (a more cerebral QB without legs) was starting. The fuck?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,893 Founders Club
    KenND said:

PurpleJ said:

Someone said this before, and it bears repeating. Why the hell did we not run spread when Jake (Jack?) was here? Then we switched when Keith (a more cerebral QB without legs) was starting. The fuck?

Price is black, therefore Sark thought that he was a running QB.
    Are you saying he was well-spoken?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    PurpleJ said:

"Spread" is a little too euphemistic. I don't think Jake was a zone-read QB, in the Oregon type system. I think Jake would have been great in the WVa style RichRod option system, where the read was to the same side versus the backside DE. I'm a big fan of the Chris Ault pistol offense, not just formation. People lump that in with Spread, but often Ault had tight ends, fullbacks, and H-backs. The passing was mostly off of play-action, and the option read mostly same-side. I think Jake would have been great in that system too.
  • QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    PurpleJ said:

KenND said:

PurpleJ said:

Price is black, therefore Sark thought that he was a running QB.
    Are you saying he was well-spoken?
    His teammates said he acted too white
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

PurpleJ said:

"Spread" is a little too euphemistic. I don't think Jake was a zone-read QB, in the Oregon type system. I think Jake would have been great in the WVa style RichRod option system, where the read was to the same side versus the backside DE. I'm a big fan of the Chris Ault pistol offense, not just formation. People lump that in with Spread, but often Ault had tight ends, fullbacks, and H-backs. The passing was mostly off of play-action, and the option read mostly same-side. I think Jake would have been great in that system too.
    Jake would have flourished in the pistol.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

PurpleJ said:

Because Sark's pro style offense had withstood the test of time.
    Forgotten about that Sark chestnut.
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,450

PurpleJ said:

Not sure if Jake ever figured that reading thing out during his time at UW.

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    say it slllooooowwwwwwly...... thirty five million dollars... *poof*

hope sark was worth it
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Adam Caplan -- who's had a great read on the Titans since the draft -- "can't see" a scenario where Locker gets his job back barring an implosion by or injury to new starter Zach Mettenberger. If this is indeed it for Locker's Titans career, he will finish with 26 touchdown passes, 24 turnovers, and a 57.3 completion rate. Although Locker has myriad flaws, he has a strong enough arm and enough athleticism to resurface in 2015 as a useful NFL backup. Locker simply doesn't throw the ball with enough accuracy to be a consistent big-league starter. He's also been wildly injury prone in the pros.
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    edited October 2014
    My favorite Locker plays involved him running through tackles and running over guys... as in 0:45 here against Nebraska in the Holiday...

(I know, I know... it doesn't really count because Nebraska didn't really want to be there. Well... that's their fucking problem.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUvZpHeHiXM
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    uzi said:

My favorite Locker plays involved him running through tackles and running over guys... as in 0:45 here against Nebraska in the Holiday...

(I know, I know... it doesn't really count because Nebraska didn't really want to be there. Well... that's their fucking problem.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUvZpHeHiXM

That's exactly the kind of stuff that the coaches should call for Miles/Williams.