Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What I'm Hearing

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
The Titans have benched legendary QB Jack Lockner and are going with Zack Mettenberger. Again I'm not saying this has happened, just what I'm hearing, SOYNTLTD.

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    This is why I plunk down my 10.95 per.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Another example of a team that when they identify that something isn't the answer not being afraid of trying something else to determine whether that is the answer or they need to continue looking elsewhere.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Tequilla said:

Another example of a team that when they identify that something isn't the answer not being afraid of trying something else to determine whether that is the answer or they need to continue looking elsewhere.

Locker has started 27 games in 4 years plus was a college QB for 3 full seasons.

Miles has started only 7. Not a comparable situation.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Tequilla said:

Locker has started 27 games in 4 years plus was a college QB for 3 full seasons.

At this point in Keith Price's career, he was shredding opposing defenses.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Locker has started suffered 27 games injuries in 4 years plus
    FTFY
    I understand why the Titans may be looking in another direction ...

But at the same time, I think that Jake's got a lot of good football left in him. His biggest problem to this point has been as much due to injuries as anything else.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Passion said:

Tequilla said:

At this point in Keith Price's career, he was shredding opposing defenses.

Hell, even Jack fucking Lockner looked better than Miles at that point in his career.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,334 Founders Club
    The brutal truth is that Jake was never destined for a good NFL career as a QB. As he himself said in August 2010, if he could do it over again he would have been a safety.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

The brutal truth is that Jake was never destined for a good NFL career as a QB. As he himself said in August 2010, if he could do it over again he would have been a safety.

Missed that quote.

Along with being the only ND fan here, I really liked Jake. Tremendous athlete, just not a very good player a lot of the time. Had he got real QB development in high school, maybe things would have been different. Also imagine him playing for Tom Osbourne or Chris Ault in their systems. Jake has a shitty head coach & no QB coaching with Willingham, and Sark kept trying to make him into a pocket passer.

Jake will never be the most polished QB. What I always admired about him was his ability to make plays at some of the most critical times.

If you look at his numbers this year, he struggled against two of the better defenses in the league (Dallas and Cincy) and had or was on his way to really strong days against KC and Cleveland.

Last year, he had a 92 or better rating in 4 of the 6 games he played and won 4 of the 6 full games he started in.

I would definitely take a flier on him if I was a pretty good team with him being my backup QB. He's got a high enough ceiling that if your starter was to get hurt, he could come in and play at that high level.

It will be interesting to see if he puts himself in a position to go to a bad team that might give him a chance to compete as a starter or whether he goes more the direction of playing for a high end team that could use an upgrade at the the backup position.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

I understand why the Titans may be looking in another direction ...

But at the same time, I think that Jake's got a lot of good football left in him. His biggest problem to this point has been as much due to injuries as anything else.

This post implies that Lockner had good football in him at some point.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Jake has been on bad teams his entire life... it's as if he's cursed to be the savior.... kinda like this last known pic of Jake facing another penetrating d-line.

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,980
    Jake Locker should have gone to Oregon and played under Chip Kelly.
  • UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member Posts: 3,475
    Tequilla said:

Excuse me, wha hear is it?
  • UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member Posts: 3,475
    Meek said:

Jake has been on bad teams his entire life... it's as if he's cursed to be the savior.... kinda like this last known pic of Jake facing another penetrating d-line.

The passion of haden
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    dnc said:

The Titans have benched legendary QB Jack Lockner and are going with Zack Mettenberger. Again I'm not saying this has happened, just what I'm hearing, SOYNTLTD.

So, is today the day he realizes he spent $35 million by trusting Stark?