Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What I'm Hearing

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Passion said:

Tequilla said:

Another example of a team that when they identify that something isn't the answer not being afraid of trying something else to determine whether that is the answer or they need to continue looking elsewhere.

Locker has started 27 games in 4 years plus was a college QB for 3 full seasons.

Miles has started only 7. Not a comparable situation.
    At this point in Keith Price's career, he was shredding opposing defenses.

Hell, even Jack fucking Lockner looked better than Miles at that point in his career.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

The brutal truth is that Jake was never destined for a good NFL career as a QB. As he himself said in August 2010, if he could do it over again he would have been a safety.

Link?

That doesn't sound like anything he's ever said. Not saying you're lying, just love to see the quote.

• QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162

Even then Fetters was checking out his hips

No Softy in the background? You're better than that.
    Had a hard enough time fitting fatters fat face on Charles Lawton's fat Gracchus body and fitting that entire monstrosity into the pic.

I did consider a "Bright Side of Life" theme...
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    edited October 2014
    I know it isn't a popular opinion, but I liked Jake as well.

I'll never forget, when asked, how many opposing Pac-12 coaches said he was the one player they most feared facing on the field. (okay, I forget exactly how many said it... but it was a couple of them, including D. Erickson).

Sure he had some bad games, maybe many of them... but when things were clicking... he seemed unstoppable.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,514 Founders Club
    uzi said:

I know it isn't a popular opinion, but I liked Jake as well.

I'll never forget, when asked, how may opposing Pac-12 coaches said he was the one player they most feared facing on the field. (okay, I forget exactly how many said it... but it was a couple of them, including D. Erickson).

Sure he had some bad games, maybe many of them... but when things were clicking... he seemed unstoppable.

If he had the proper coaching and talent around him, who knows what could have happened. He still wouldn't have done much better in the pros though. Personally the soft faggot Seattle media and the Doog's worship of him got really old by 2010, especially when UW was 3-6. I told you so line: When the experts began touting him as a potential first pick, I knew they were either dumb, hadn't done homework, or abundance.
  • VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    Jake should have left a year earlier and cashed in his lottery ticket. He is a journeyman who will last a few years as a backup. Not a bad gig.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    The offense upgraded the day Lockner left the program.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Was Lockner the next Stanbach?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,893 Founders Club

Jake Locker is the most overrated player I have ever seen. He had less than one season's worth of good games over the course of his eligibility. It was very refreshing when Price stepped in and dropped dimes. I was reminded what an accurate QB looked like. Of course, Price went on and regressed and lost that spark, the OL and Sark playing a large role in that.

Yeah, but still...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=V9a_MHlO3xo
  • QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    PurpleJ said:

Jake Locker is the most overrated player I have ever seen. He had less than one season's worth of good games over the course of his eligibility. It was very refreshing when Price stepped in and dropped dimes. I was reminded what an accurate QB looked like. Of course, Price went on and regressed and lost that spark, the OL and Sark playing a large role in that.

Yeah, but still...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=V9a_MHlO3xo
    Immaculate interception game IIRC
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Meek said:

so my thing was that I honestly never had my interest in observing Jack be groomed into an NFL quarterback... I simply wanted Washington to win and along the way, watch some fun football players and Jack was a lot of fun to watch when he ran the ball. Of course he wasn't a great passer but when he ran it was awesome. In fact, during the Ty/Sark years, most of the only moments to enjoy were Jake's runs.

This. I wanted Jake to get paid in the NFL, but no interest beyond that. The NFL is 90% boring AF.