Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why We Are Average and the Importance of Attrition

124»

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    We're so fucking young.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    edited October 2014

WSU's numbers are INSANE.

2010: Signed 26, 12 gone already.
    2011: Signed 29, 18 gone already.
    2012: Signed 27, 13 gone already.
    2013: Signed 28, 7 gone already.

Holy Shit, Cuogs

We're attriting the right way.

Leach ran off most of the dead wood that Wulff was piling up. Wulff's recruiting got consistently worse as the years wore on....
    If that was possible. It doesn't really excuse the 7 already gone for 2013.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

Btw, we played a Freshmen and walk ons during the O line decimation time It's a matter of coaching as much as the talent of the players. You know that.

And you got taken to the wire by WSU, gave up 7 sacks, and got man handled by Arizona. If you didn't get some guys back it would have been more of the same. You did and got back on track.

• FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174

We're so fucking young.

Yes, but that sure is getting old.

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

We're so fucking young.

Yes but, if we're young and athletic and play with an edge we can win if well coached.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

We're so fucking young.

Article was not about being young. It was about recruited players leaving at huge numbers.

We're so fucking young.

Article was not about being young. It was about recruited players leaving at huge numbers.
    Which makes for a young team.

We're so fucking young.

Which makes for a young team.
    You said it, not me!!!11 ;)
    But seriously, young teams can win, so it shouldn't be an excuse. I agree with you. Just wanted to look into recruiting with the article and thought the attrition rate stuff was pretty interesting.

But seriously, young teams can win, so it shouldn't be an excuse. I agree with you. Just wanted to look into recruiting with the article and thought the attrition rate stuff was pretty interesting.

I agree. But that was the doog excuse from 2002-2013
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,886 Founders Club

I still think this team can win 9 or 10 games if all goes right. But I also don't think there is much talent on this team.

If all goes right..... Great qualifier as always. Things will get better or worse. Depending on how things go.
    either way it'll be interesting.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

I still think this team can win 9 or 10 games if all goes right. But I also don't think there is much talent on this team.

If all goes right..... Great qualifier as always. Things will get better or worse. Depending on how things go.

Damone = Race, pre crud
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Is saying we are young a whoosh? This team isn't young. Every player in the front 7 had at least one year starting experience entering the year. Littleton would be 8. Peters would be the 9th player with at least one season worth of starts. Most of them had two or three. The secondary is young

On offense, the OL has tons of experience, Mickens, Kasen, Ross had some starts and returned kicks last year. QB and RB are the only spots we are young on offense.

Is saying we are young a whoosh? This team isn't young. Every player in the front 7 had at least one year starting experience entering the year. Littleton would be 8. Peters would be the 9th player with at least one season worth of starts. Most of them had two or three. The secondary is young

On offense, the OL has tons of experience, Mickens, Kasen, Ross had some starts and returned kicks last year. QB and RB are the only spots we are young on offense.

That's why I didn't get why damone pulled out the young thing.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

That's why I didn't get why damone pulled out the young thing.
    See Iron Laws and doogedly excuses seen from 2002 through today.