Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This truly is a Chris Petersen team

124»

Comments

• Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Jesus Doogin Christ!

LIPO.

Played one team that isn't horrible, and lost that game.

Win a (meaningful)game and then pop off.

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

Do you honestly believe when UW kicked a field goal in the second half, they weren't trying to score a touch down, but failed to move the ball? If the goal this year is to win 8 games and go to the Vegas bowl, then they are fine.

I think Peterman was content to take the air out of the ball with a 4- (then 5-) score lead. He was happy to play it conservative, especially to get the running game really going again before Oregon. I think you would have seen more balanced second-half playcalling in a closer game.

LIPO. But I say the offense needs to improve to get to 9 or 10 wins. It's not as solid as aburndoog contends.

I actually completely agree with this. Anytime the offense plays like they did against Stanford, UW will probably lose. But to me, the Stanford game is starting to look more and more like the outlier in the dataset.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    TTJ said:

Do you honestly believe when UW kicked a field goal in the second half, they weren't trying to score a touch down, but failed to move the ball? If the goal this year is to win 8 games and go to the Vegas bowl, then they are fine.

I think Peterman was content to take the air out of the ball with a 4- (then 5-) score lead. He was happy to play it conservative, especially to get the running game really going again before Oregon. I think you would have seen more balanced second-half playcalling in a closer game.

LIPO. But I say the offense needs to improve to get to 9 or 10 wins. It's not as solid as aburndoog contends.

I actually completely agree with this. Anytime the offense plays like they did against Stanford, UW will probably lose. But to me, the Stanford game is starting to look more and more like the outlier in the dataset.
    Stanford's D is #1 nationally in yards per play and #2 in yards per game. After getting through the rest of the conference schedule, they should still be top 10 and maybe top 5.

The UW offense without the help of the defense can score 20+ against every other team on the schedule (maybe ex Oregon).
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2014

TTJ said:

Stanford's D is #1 nationally in yards per play and #2 in yards per game. After getting through the rest of the conference schedule, they should still be top 10 and maybe top 5.

The UW offense without the help of the defense can score 20+ against every other team on the schedule (maybe ex Oregon).
    The offense should score 20+ against Oregon. Their defense isn't good. UCLA had 328 rushing yards last week. Arizona over 200. The only way they won't is if Oregon jumps out to a big lead by halftime and we have to throw almost every down to come back.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The OP mentioned excluding the EWU in terms of points given up but Vernon Adams is the most similar QB to Mariota so it doesn't make any sense to exclude them.

I don't think we beat Oregon but strongly feel we'll cover and lose by 16 or 17. Jake Fisher was their starting RT last year and now is at LT coming off a knee sprain so Kikaha can test him while also lining up over their back-up RT (true frosh Crosby)?

Does anyone know what's up with Riva? IIRC, he played the 1st quarter and then yielded to Coleman Shelton (I think he had a decent game).

Miles will need to make some plays with his legs, especially when Oregon rushes just 3 or 4 and tries to make him throw into 7 or 8 guys in coverage.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Take away the EWU game and we are only giving up 15 per game.

Only a FSDoog would type that sentence.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    We only rush 3 a lot, because Don Pellum is FS like that. Miley will be challenged to beat Oregon with his arm
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    HFNY said:

I don't think we beat Oregon but strongly feel we'll cover and lose by 16 or 17.

If Peterman is really a god, more should be expected than another blowout loss, given oregon's junior high coaching staff
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bump to remind us all how Fucktarded a few of you are.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I was wrong, we lost by 25 instead of 16 or 17.
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    This thread was full of good old FS dooging fail.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Who's Auburndoog? (RIP)
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,599
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Jesus Christ @ this thread.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I said they were improving every week. Wrong
    I said the only way they take the next step is if they start converting on 3rd down. Hasn't happened, and predictably they haven't done that
    Said the team has been disciplined, which I stand behind. They just aren't very good