Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

FAN PODCAST: Analysis of 2013 Schedule & Metrics for Improvement

124»

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

You put 2013 in an excel spreadsheet and we were national champs!

SRS NATTY!!1!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Meek said:

And Chest hated Jood, the Times and the AD office too...until he didn't. Ups and downs of big time Dooging.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

And Chest hated Jood, the Times and the AD office too...until he didn't. Ups and downs of big time media recruiting.

ain't that the truth
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Meek said:

And Chest hated Jood, the Times and the AD office too...until he didn't. Ups and downs of big time media recruiting.

But he gets to participate in all those media room belly laughs now.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Meek said:

But he gets to participate in all those media room belly laughs now.
    If he gets to fuck Ruth, he's the real winner in this little war.
    "local woman has double chin, nice ass"
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

You initiated a rant based on nothing in the podcast.

Whatever.....but do jump in a fire though.

Next time I will only talk about the podcast and just ignore the words you write in your posts.

Silly me. I thought this was a message board or something.

If you have to blindly defend everything you say and downthumb everything I say in response, you won't last long.
    That's because he is just here to beat his chest.
    Don't you need to be right about something in order to do that?
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Next time I will only talk about the podcast and just ignore the words you write in your posts.

If you have to blindly defend everything you say and downthumb everything I say in

response, you won't last long.
    That's because he is just here to beat his chest.
    Don't you need to be right about something in order to do that?
    Kim is never right and he beats his chest all the time.
    Don't you need a chest that isn't dwarfed by a regulation size football in order to do that?
    If you are here to beat up on Kim, then you will last long.
    I'm hearing Chest and Kim are sharing a nice bottle of Merlot tonight, swapping recruiting stories, thumbing their noses at a cancerous HH. Roadawg bailed early, fraught with indecision: a nice glass of Chardonnay? Or a chalice of Griswold's decanted Merlot. Ahh, to rub noses with the "in crowd" Puppy, do tell.....
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    PurpleJ said:

If you have to blindly defend everything you say and downthumb everything I say in response, you won't last long.
    @PurpleJ bump
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,632
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2nd ever poast on HH
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Its a young but experienced team who returns lots of players for this year but also next year.

Does not compute.

Make sure to lather before you rinse.

Its possible to be young and experienced at the same time. Think Sankey, Shelton, Kasen, Timu, etc. These guys have experience but still have half their career left. Shaq could be considered experienced by the second half of this year (would be starting close to his 20th game). Whereas a guy who hasn't played until his 3rd or 4th year would be not experienced. Its actually a good position to be in and why we should expect to be a lot better this season and next season. Glad I could clear that up for you.
    There is a difference between having young talent and being a young team overall.

You seem to be forgetting the part where we only lost a handful of players that were worth two shits from last years team. I count 13 Seniors and 24 Juniors on this years' roster. Go ahead and compare that to some of the other successful teams in the conference last year, if you want. The difference is coaching.

I respect the fact that you took the time to make a podcast and contribute content, but you should really consider some constructive criticism if you are to be successful with your future endeavors.

Also, the guy who won the Heisman last year was a Freshman. I don't really buy into the youth excuses.
    If you want to offer constructive criticism, next time listen before commenting on it. I never mentioned anything about a young team (IIRC). Better yet, just go dive head first into a bonfire.
    I actually did listen to the whole thing.

You mentioned youth in your post. Did you not? That's why I was quoting it with the quotes and stuff.

Not trying to be a dick here. Just trying to give you a bit of perspective on the argument you made in your post.

The fire thing was creative, though. Props.

I appreciate the listen. I think it is fair to say we are experienced, but other than Parker, Price, and probably ASJ, the rest of the team will be back next year. I think that qualifies as a young team, seeing as we are only losing 3 good players. As long as one of the 4* QB's is good, we should have a very strong team in 2014.

If we had a better coach, I would even say we should compete with Oregon for a Pac 12 title in 2014 because Stanford loses a lot of studs off their defense after this year. With Sark, I think we will be pretty good, but not as good as we should be. That's the problem with average coaches.

I agree whole heartedly about the problem being coaching. If it were up to me, Sark would already be gone after last year, but I do think if we won 9, there would be reason for some optimism for the future.

We? did win 9. We luckily got rid of Sark and brought in Peterman. He went 8-6 and 7-6. This year is gonna be special though.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm stoned but this is funny

I see this line being used again on this board.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Did we bring in Petersen or did he just tell us he was coming?
  • Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

Did we bring in Petersen or did he just tell us he was coming?

I've wondered that myself.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,671
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Post of the year. #minion
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,632
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

Hopefully some of the classier posters over there will enter the fold. It's pretty hard to imagine a board without crepe's KrisVashon posts.

LEAVE!