Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

FAN PODCAST: Analysis of 2013 Schedule & Metrics for Improvement

HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
edited July 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
RoadDawg and I've started doing a few podcasts on a few subjects. As the self-appointed host, I hope to interview a lot of people on various subjects. Given Dawgman's move to being an extension of the UW AD and KJR's contractual bias, there is a great need to develop a growing voice for husky football that is critical, objective and insightful. Anyway, PM me if you want to contribute on something or in some way.

Here is a 20 min discussion of 2013 schedule and 7 metrics for improvement.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/huskyfanpodcast/HuskyPodcast3schedule.mp3

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,770
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like a money grab
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bitter OR political?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    5 reasons > 7 metrics.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,599
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013
    http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2013/JUN13/DBJune15.html
    http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2013/JUN13/DBJune08.html

Here are a couple more metrics for you to consider. #4 in overall experience and #30 in OL experience.

The problem here is that we are still talking about getting to 9 wins (as if that is some sort of magical number) in year fucking 5 with all that returning talent. If that doesn't tell you something about the coach, I don't know what else will.

I'm sure we will get to hear plenty about how our team is young this year. Of course they are. They are 18-22 year olds, just like at every other school. Fuck.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did I get a shout out?
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Are there any SoCal real estate tips?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Here are a couple more metrics for you to consider. #4 in overall experience and #30 in OL experience.

The problem here is that we are still talking about getting to 9 wins (as if that is some sort of magical number) in year fucking 5 with all that returning talent. If that doesn't tell you something about the coach, I don't know what else will.

I'm sure we will get to hear plenty about how our team is young this year. Of course they are. They are 18-22 year olds, just like at every other school. Fuck.

Finally hanging out on the cool board?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

PurpleJ said:

Hard to say this is the "cool" board when you have guys like PSSL and Passion on here.
  • Options

RoadDawg and I've started doing a few podcasts on a few subjects. As the self-appointed host, I hope to interview a lot of people on various subjects. Given Dawgman's move to being an extension of the UW AD and KJR's contractual bias, there is a great need to develop a growing voice for husky football that is critical, objective and insightful. Anyway, PM me if you want to contribute on something or in some way.

Here is a 20 min discussion of 2013 schedule and 7 metrics for improvement.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/huskyfanpodcast/HuskyPodcast3schedule.mp3

Not enough drunken slurring and not enough "The season is over" comments in here.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Hard to say this is the "cool" board when you have guys like PSSL and Passion on here.

Ok... The board that has some actual people posting.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,617
    Standard Supporter
    Purple J has made the switch.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hopefully some of the classier posters over there will enter the fold. It's pretty hard to imagine a board without crepe's KrisVashon posts.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Hopefully some of the classier posters over there will enter the fold. It's pretty hard to imagine a board without crepe's KrisVashon posts.

You owe me an apology. I was right about dawgboard. Simple fact.
  • Options

PurpleJ said:

What did you say about dawgboard. I remember you posting frequently on there then stopped when Derek created this forum.

I honestly see no difference between the two boards. The HHB's carried that one then they left to come here. If they decided to leave this forum then this one wouldn't be as fun either.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

You were right about a lot of things. But there is one thing that you were wrong about. I am not some random motherfucker that had been posting on Kim's site for years. I started posting there in March 2012. Had been reading the free board for about a year before that. I was in way over my head with some of you guys.

"HTH"
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

What did you say about dawgboard. I remember you posting frequently on there then stopped when Derek created this forum.

I honestly see no difference between the two boards. The HHB's carried that one then they left to come here. If they decided to leave this forum then this one wouldn't be as fun either.
    Look it up. And if you can't see the difference, I can't help you and you should LEAVE!

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    PurpleJ said:

We'll talk about Sark in a different podcast.

But your point is correct. Its a young but experienced team who returns lots of players for this year but also next year. The lack of improvement over the past 2-3 years is a big warning sign on the coach and if it occurs again this year, no reasonable fan would not fire Sark. The point is not that we'd be happy with 9 wins its that 9 wins is the minimum needed for the perception that the program is improving and moving forward.
  • Options

PurpleJ said:

Look it up. And if you can't see the difference, I can't help you and you should LEAVE!

I thought telling posters to LEAVE! gets you banned(Hi Harv!). I was told by Derek you guys wanted this forum to grow yet you are harassing a new member over something petty like which is the better message board.

Feels very much like a Real Doog vs Doogman debate. Reality is outside of maybe 4 people nobody really cares which site is better.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

I thought telling posters to LEAVE! gets you banned(Hi Harv!). I was told by Derek you guys wanted this forum to grow yet you are harassing a new member over something petty like which is the better message board.

Feels very much like a Real Doog vs Doogman debate. Reality is outside of maybe 4 people nobody really cares which site is better.
    LEAVE. if you don't understand what I said.