Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm i the only negadawg left?

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Damone is right. If it were Sark, there would be a ton of, "WE'RE STUCK WITH THIS PUSSY FOR 10 MORE YEARS! I'M JUMPING OFF THE AURORA BRIDGE NOW!"

Petersen is an upgrade. He will probably do really good things. Yes I'm glad Sark is gone. But who here expected this after five games? I'm not talking about the record. I'm talking about the way they have looked.

The problem is the "way we have looked" is a 7 point loss to a quality opponent. That's why you guys sound dumb.
    Isn't the Sven line that Stanford is terrible? Sounds like you're off the reservation.
    Sven says everyone is terrible.
    This. The day Sven has something good to say about a coach I will probably hurl myself off the Aurora bridge because it probably means the world is going to end.
    I really like what @SonnyDykes‌ is doing at Cal this year.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Damone is right. If it were Sark, there would be a ton of, "WE'RE STUCK WITH THIS PUSSY FOR 10 MORE YEARS! I'M JUMPING OFF THE AURORA BRIDGE NOW!"

Petersen is an upgrade. He will probably do really good things. Yes I'm glad Sark is gone. But who here expected this after five games? I'm not talking about the record. I'm talking about the way they have looked.

The problem is the "way we have looked" is a 7 point loss to a quality opponent. That's why you guys sound dumb.
    Isn't the Sven line that Stanford is terrible? Sounds like you're off the reservation.
    This. The day Sven has something good to say about a coach I will probably hurl myself off the Aurora bridge because it probably means the world is going to end.
    His silence to this comment speaks volumes.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Beating Colorado in 2 OT and losing to Arizona on a hail mary is always special
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

Compared to the Big Sky quality team they had last year, it's good coaching.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

Can't they just be happy with 3-1? Unless you're saying how you win matters.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

Sark would probably kill a hooker to get that close to winning in Arizona
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

topdawgnc said:

How you lose matters too.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2014
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

How you lose matters too.
    I believe I have said that... Many times.

By the way..have you ever heard my golf analogy?
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648

Maybe 23 fucking years of this shit has me a bit jaded. Fuck off and FYFMFE.

Jesus. A lifetime after 1991 and I see a loss like that to FUCKING Stanford at FUCKING HOME where the offense has less than 200 yard and the team has close to 100 yards in penalties. Time for me to do what race did and MOVE and become a UCLA fan.

I shudder to admit this, but the days of old that negadawgs (Damone & FYFMFE) want to see return to UW probably never will. Program has been down too long and too much has changed in college football. Husky football superiority is not likely to return. The new standard is respectability. That is the high bar.

I don't like this. Not at all. But a 4-0 scrimmage record and 0-1 in games that matter, and how badly the Huskies looked (except defense) yesterday, reveals where the program is at in the first year of Pete.

Petersen will get the program to respectability. This means conference championships, Rose Bowls, and maybe a shot at a national title. Eventually. But, not a dynasty. And, respectability will not likely be soon enough for me, Damone, and negadawgs.

This is how I see it. I want it to be otherwise, and hope to be proven wrong. But, adjusting expectations may make the pain more endurable.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2014

Jesus. A lifetime after 1991 and I see a loss like that to FUCKING Stanford at FUCKING HOME where the offense has less than 200 yard and the team has close to 100 yards in penalties. Time for me to do what race did and MOVE and become a UCLA fan.

I shudder to admit this, but the days of old that negadawgs (Damone & FYFMFE) want to see return to UW probably never will. Program has been down too long and too much has changed in college football. Husky football superiority is not likely to return. The new standard is respectability. That is the high bar.

I don't like this. Not at all. But a 4-0 scrimmage record and 0-1 in games that matter, and how badly the Huskies looked (except defense) yesterday, reveals where the program is at in the first year of Pete.

Petersen will get the program to respectability. This means conference championships, Rose Bowls, and maybe a shot at a national title. Eventually. But, not a dynasty. And, respectability will not likely be soon enough for me, Damone, and negadawgs.

This is how I see it. I want it to be otherwise, and hope to be proven wrong. But, adjusting expectations may make the pain more endurable.
    As you describe it, that will be enough for me. UW has never been a dynasty. Conference championships, rose bowls and maybe a shot at the nc is all UW has ever had.

• Options

If it doesn't happen soon enough under Peterman, it's not going to happen under Peterman.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2014
    I have some concerns, but we might end up a decent team. I'm still not quite sure what we have. I never expected us to be great. I maybe expected us to be a little better, but 11-3 or 10-4 was pretty much always the expectation from most here.

There is a bye week for the offense to get it in gear. I think they will. They won't be great, but they can be efficient. The defense has steadily improved and hopefully it continues. Hopefully that was the low point of the season. I don't think this team has a lot of gimme wins, but I don't think we will be a pushover to anyone either. I'm not throwing in the towel yet. I expected us to lose to Stanford and we did. They are good.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

I have some concerns, but we might end up a decent team. I'm still not quite sure what we have. I never expected us to be great. I maybe expected us to be a little better, but 11-3 or 10-4 was pretty much always the expectation from most here.

There is a bye week for the offense to get it in gear. I think they will. They won't be great, but they can be efficient. The defense has steadily improved and hopefully it continues. Hopefully that was the low point of the season. I don't think this team has a lot of gimme wins, but I don't think we will be a pushover to anyone either. I'm not throwing in the towel yet. I expected us to lose to Stanford and we did. They are good.

I seem to remember you agreeing with Tequila and predicting 12-1 or 11-2. What happened?
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This is precisely the reason why you should take a page out of Oregon's book and schedule sturdier OOC opponents. You played 4 straight crappy ass opponents and your 5th opponent just happened to be the team with the cuntry's best defense. Not surprising that they ramrodded you with an iron boner. Scrimmage games that don't test you end up handicapping you. Get some balls and schedule some real OOC opponents.
  • Options

This is precisely the reason why you should take a page out of Oregon's book and schedule sturdier OOC opponents. You played 4 straight crappy ass opponents and your 5th opponent just happened to be the team with the cuntry's best defense. Not surprising that they ramrodded you with an iron boner. Scrimmage games that don't test you end up handicapping you. Get some balls and schedule some real OOC opponents.

Using Oregon's OOC schedule in this argument was fucktarded.

UCLA would have been a much better example.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2014

I'm not going by this year alone but rather by Oregon's history of scheduling tough ass OOC opponents like LSU, Michigan State, Georgia (who bailed on us), Texas A & M and Ohio State. UCLA scheduled Virginia, Memphis and Texas. All shit teams.
  • Options

I'm not going by this year alone but rather by Oregon's history of scheduling tough ass OOC opponents like LSU, Michigan State, Georgia (who bailed on us), Texas A & M and Ohio State. UCLA scheduled Virginia, Memphis and Texas. All shit teams.
    Scheduling three opponents with a pulse >>>>> scheduling one team that way above its historical norm and two teams that are just like the teams UW scheduled this year.

You're not good at this at all.