Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kim and AAAAAndy: Mission Accomplished

Well it took one day after a disappointing start for doogman turned into a Sark-knob-slobbering shitfest. Obviously people on here are pissed off with the performance we saw Saturday but I don't see half the board whining that we lost our chances at a NCbecause Sark left us.

The overall theme over there seems to be "Kim and AAndy warned us about this but we didn't listen and now we've been duped again by Ty v2.0"

Ektard has planted the seed (with nothing to back it up, mind you) that Sirmon, Wilcox, Tosh, and Heyward (aka the greatest assisstant coaches of all time) were begging to stay at UW but Petersen, in his pompous arrogance, told them to go fuck themselves

When "facts" like the multiple games the greatest coaching staff of all time gave up point totals in the 40s and 50s to ASU, Oregon, UCLA, and Stanford, they are dismissed as "completely different situations"

Here's some choice chit:
From the beginning, something about the pompous "my or the highway" approach of CP has felt creepy to me.

One of those too-clean-cut guys who beats their chest and talks real loudly about how much integrity they have. But notice no one actually wants to be around him.

If you listen to the off-season interviews with all the players, there was a palpable lack of enthusiasm or excitement about this new staff. It's like they had been coached not to show enthusiasm. Even Mickens felt like he'd been neutered compared to how much energy he used to express.

CP had the hubris to get rid of all our good assistant coaches who wanted to stay. And insisted on bringing in his mountain boys who obsequiously praise him. - even the ones that AANDY well documented as being problematic or disliked other places. AANDY got roasted on this board for that post because no one wanted to face the red flags.

And then there's his emphasis on less talented OKGs - which is now just an embarrassment of a term - over more talented players who happen to have charisma or ego that threatens him.

Mocks Twitter. His favorite band is the Eagles. The Eagles?!?!?! From 1970?

Then I watch the USC game and they're flying around and laughing and cocky and having fun. And Steve and staff are going to recruit lights out, just like they did at UW. And I'm thinking god we got screwed in that trade.

But the most important thing is how the team plays right? So despite that his manner feels phony and he's still recruiting against Wyoming, I figure let's wait and see how the team plays.

And then Saturday happened. And now we've got a 1950's egotistical rube who refuses to adapt to the way kids are today... AND has taken our talented squad from last year and crushed the spirit out of them.

The next Don James? I'm seeing a lot more parallel to HWSNBN.

This is exactly the feeling I've had since day one, and he's not done anything but reinforce it with every behavior, and every decision. We're less talented than when he arrived, subtraction through subtraction. The team is less productive, less enthusiastic, less motivated, less fun to watch, less successful in recruiting. Everything we almost were is now on display at USC, and I guarantee you their fans had a more enjoyable day yesterday, not to mention a better signing day, and will have a better record this year. I know we couldn't keep Sark, but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy the huge step back we took.

Absolutely THE BEST post on this board in years! I could not agree with you any more. I've been against this hire from the beginning, and we should have gone with Nuss!

The guys played yesterday with NO PASSION, no excitement, and no energy. The boys on the sidelines looked like they were in at a funeral.

We've got the hall of fame of Boise State coaches, and that's not good enough.

I'm worried for our program going forward, especially since our classes will look like OSU and WSU from here on out.

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,109
    Addendum: It has been pointed out since my posting of this that Tard and Kim's notion that Sirmon, Heyward, and Wilcox "wanted to stay but Pete wanted his own guys" might have run into a bit of a snag since, according to many (I didn't look it up, all three of them JUMPED TO USC BEFORE PETE WAS HIRED
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

Memo to Boobs

That's what doogs sound like

HTH

You're better than Dawgman. What an accomplishment.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

Memo to Boobs

That's what doogs sound like

HTH

You're better than Dawgman. What an accomplishment.
    That's news?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    I wonder if anyone on those boards is trying to fight the good fight and inject sanity and reason into the dumpster fire? If so, someone PM them that trying to teach those idiots anything is about like trying to teach a total retard to solve a Rubik's cube. Not happening.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    Swaye said:

I wonder if anyone on those boards is trying to fight the good fight and inject sanity and reason into the dumpster fire? If so, someone PM them that trying to teach those idiots anything is about like trying to teach a total retard to solve a Rubik's cube. Not happening.

I spent too much time on that board trying to have a discussion reflecting a differing opinion. I got incredibly tired of being the 'bad guy" for not following the party line. As with a multitude of other long time posters, the gestapo gets old ripping posts off the line while allowing their butt buddies to run free and clear.

If you were to go on there and present a differing opinion, it would fall upon deaf ears.

And quite frankly, would you even know which football board to post your displeasure on? You may get banned for using the wrong board
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

There's got to be an image of a retard with a Rubik's cube on Google.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

Swaye said:

I spent too much time on that board trying to have a discussion reflecting a differing opinion. I got incredibly tired of being the 'bad guy" for not following the party line. As with a multitude of other long time posters, the gestapo gets old ripping posts off the line while allowing their butt buddies to run free and clear.

If you were to go on there and present a differing opinion, it would fall upon deaf ears.

And quite frankly, would you even know which football board to post your displeasure on? You may get banned for using the wrong board
    Did you consider a hunger strike?
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

Swaye said:

Did you consider a hunger strike?
    I assumed that was a given based on any room Cfett presides
  • FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    That Hawaii game confused the fuck out of you guys.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Fenwick said:

That Hawaii game confused the fuck out of you guys.

Like Michael Sam confused?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Which doogs poasted this shit?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Close enough.