Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Journalism's Fear of Jesus; The Passion of the Tebow

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302 Swaye's Wigwam
edited June 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageJournalism's Fear of Jesus; The Passion of the Tebow

The media's maniacal obsession over Tim Tebow is mainly due to his unabashed Christian faith. It's evidence of society's ever increasing fear to reference God or Jesus in public.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    This article is to writing as 0-12 was to coaching.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    Nice 99% delusional hysteria, as always. Give it a rest, Derek. What's next, a 1,000 word screed on the War on Christmas?

Take it to the Fox News lunatic rantings board.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    The Tebow phenomenon is a trip. He's both loved and hated for reasons having nothing to do with football. Can't remember a worse player being such a lightning rod. On the other hand, can't remember a better person being such a lightning rod, either. If he gets a shot with the Pats it will be interesting. If he fades into Bolivian it will also be interesting.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited June 2013
    Thanks, Ms. Bachmann. Not sure what this has to do with Husky Football/Basketball, but maybe I missed something?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,038
    This is one of the worst pieces I have ever read. Agenda much? It always amazes me Christians have pretend like they are the most persecuted group in American society. This crap does not belong on a Husky Football blog.
  • AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    What the fuck was that????
    For those that are acting pissed about the story, it kinda proves the point of the story. Also, from the beginning of this thing, Derek said he may occasionally write about things not directly related to Husky football.

Derek makes an interesting observation. If you don't agree and want to discuss it, it can be discussed. If you just hate the fact the article exists, then take it to the Outrage of the Day Board.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited June 2013
    You make it sound like it was a surprise that Belicheck and Tebow got the attention they did. I'm certain all the parties involved knew it would be this way.

I highly doubt Belicheck was bemused. Annoyed? You bet, but then again, he never seems to care much for the media. He wasn't born yesterday, he knew what the deal was.

I respect you as a writer, have read some very entertaining and enlightening stuff from you, but this was shit. I'm not sure if you care or not, but these type of articles will kill the momentum this site has started to generate.

Ut oh. Passion's offended. Shocker.
  • PopeHarvPopeHarv Member Posts: 92
    Very well written and spot-on commentary about the decline of our society, Derek. The sooner everyone accepts REAL GOD into their lives and we approach the necessary homogeneity we need the better off we will all be.

There's a fag flag flying at Safeco today, so I brought a crucifix to stab any homos that cross my path.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    A couple things. First, there would be just as many questions if he was Muslim or gay...probably more.

Second, most Christians don't even act Christ-like. They are hugely hypocritical and deny facts like evolution and people born gay. These things coupled with priests being molesters and hypocrites are why they are mocked and scorned.

By the way I went to 13 years of Catholic school with a steady and healthy diet of Religion.

A couple things. First, there would be just as many questions if he was Muslim or gay...probably more.

Second, most Christians don't even act Christ-like. They are hugely hypocritical and deny facts like evolution and people born gay. These things coupled with priests being molesters and hypocrites are why they are mocked and scorned.

By the way I went to 13 years of Catholic school with a steady and healthy diet of Religion.

You were clearly born gay. Here's a crucifix to jab into your gay scrotum.

• AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774

But if Tebow was Muslim AND gay he'd live life in abundance or something like that. Pay attention.

Sorry, I missed the part where I said I was offended. It simply follows that using a cover story on this website to advance your own political/social beliefs is one (small) step above grinolds and the other d-bags using their power to advance their agenda on doucheman.com. I wouldn't have even responded had it not been THE cover story on this website. Had it been just another post on a message board (where it belongs), I wouldn't have said a thing.

Keep in mind that you are actually agreeing with ducksareoverrated on an issue. That should tell you something.

Passion said:

Sorry, I missed the part where I said I was offended. It simply follows that using a cover story on this website to advance your own political/social beliefs is one (small) step above grinolds and the other d-bags using their power to advance their agenda on doucheman.com. I wouldn't have even responded had it not been THE cover story on this website. Had it been just another post on a message board (where it belongs), I woudn't ve said a thing.

Keep in mind that you are actually agreeing with ducksareoverrated on an issue. That should tell you something.

Get your own fucking website, Lucifer. Otherwise, appreciate what we have here and kindly shut the fuck up.

Passion said:

Sorry, I missed the part where I said I was offended. It simply follows that using a cover story on this website to advance your own political/social beliefs is one (small) step above grinolds and the other d-bags using their power to advance their agenda on doucheman.com. I wouldn't have even responded had it not been THE cover story on this website. Had it been just another post on a message board (where it belongs), I woudn't ve said a thing.

Get your own fucking website, Lucifer. Otherwise, appreciate what we have here and kindly shut the fuck up.
    This is awesome. Please keep posting. Damone, are you following your compatriot here? Good stuff.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2Xf_SPCQKos/Tc7vxX5aN-I/AAAAAAAAFGc/V2gBp8uVbYQ/s400/michele-bachmann-crazy1_43760.jpg
    Passion said:

Passion said:

This is awesome. Please keep posting. Damone, are you following your compatriot here? Good stuff.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2Xf_SPCQKos/Tc7vxX5aN-I/AAAAAAAAFGc/V2gBp8uVbYQ/s400/michele-bachmann-crazy1_43760.jpg
    Thanks, I will.

What's your next move, Passion? Are you going to get all sciencey and tell us that there is no God? You realize what a hypocrite you are, right? People like Derek and I are comfortable with REAL GOD. What do you have? Oh, that's right. A parade. Go back to it and get off our site.
    edited June 2013
    Passion said:

Sorry, I missed the part where I said I was offended. It simply follows that using a cover story on this website to advance your own political/social beliefs is one (small) step above grinolds and the other d-bags using their power to advance their agenda on doucheman.com. I wouldn't have even responded had it not been THE cover story on this website. Had it been just another post on a message board (where it belongs), I wouldn't have said a thing.

So you were offended. Why the debate? Some things dont need to be said, they are self evident. Your follow up post was just confirmation that I was right.