Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Journalism's Fear of Jesus; The Passion of the Tebow

Comments

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Passion why don't you ask DJ if you can write a counter viewpoint article, there's not much going on anyways... meh

I try to keep religion, politics, and sports all separate but oh well... Tebow as a football player seems to suck but has always been a winner. Seriously the guy has never lead a losing football team (Jake locker anyone?). While immeasurable, it is a big fucking deal to be a winner and always be a winner. I suspect belichick understands this.

Religion isn't really a left or right issue, like most things it is a statist vs freedom issue. Statist have always seen a higher power that people worship as a threat to themselves. Mao... Stalin... blah blah blah. Religion puts power in something they can't control. The "left" currently acts like statist since they are the ones in control, it will swing back like it always does.

The media has always had it out for anyone who ever projects perfection, Christian or not. People want to see failure, they want to believe someone can't be as good of a person as the project. People want tebow to be caught in a gay midget sex scandal so badly because, on the surface, he seems so good. The story would be huge because its against everything he has painted himself to be. When Hernández killed someone, people just aren't as surprised that a gang banger looking Hispanic guy murdered a few people so the story is dead in a few days.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Why ask? No permission needed. Write away.
  • PopeHarvPopeHarv Member Posts: 92

First of all, I gotta thank GOD for givin me all a dis talent. Widout HIM, there'd be no me. Den, I gotta thank my Mom's for bein dere fo me. And den GOD again. Cause He GOD.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

First of all, I gotta thank GOD for givin me all a dis talent. Widout HIM, there'd be no me. Den, I gotta thank my Mom's for bein dere fo me. And den GOD again. Cause He GOD.
    I don't remember all your acts from back in the day, but you are terrible now. I don't think I have chuckled once at your posts, despite you trying to be funny every time. You're like the Rob Schneider of Hardcore Husky.

• AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    Houhusky said:

gang banger looking Hispanic guy

Racist cocksucker.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club
    AlCzervik said:

Houhusky said:

gang banger looking Hispanic guy

Racist cocksucker.
    I'm hearing that Hispanic isn't a race. #WhiteHispanic

I don't remember all your acts from back in the day, but you are terrible now. I don't think I have chuckled once at your posts, despite you trying to be funny every time. You're like the Rob Schneider of Hardcore Husky.

I'm not trying to be funny. Who are you, again?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Now more than ever before:

Shit. Unleashed. Belongs.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

Not getting whoooooshed, you and Harvey are fucking losers. But to each their own. If it is entertaining to you, so be it.

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

The Tebow phenomenon is a trip. He's both loved and hated for reasons having nothing to do with football. Can't remember a worse player being such a lightning rod. On the other hand, can't remember a better person being such a lightning rod, either. If he gets a shot with the Pats it will be interesting. If he fades into Bolivian it will also be interesting.

Who hates Tebow? I'd like to see some evidence to back this claim up.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club

The Tebow phenomenon is a trip. He's both loved and hated for reasons having nothing to do with football. Can't remember a worse player being such a lightning rod. On the other hand, can't remember a better person being such a lightning rod, either. If he gets a shot with the Pats it will be interesting. If he fades into Bolivian it will also be interesting.

Who hates Tebow? I'd like to see some evidence to back this claim up.
    He's a good guy
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Passion said:

Ut oh. Passion's offended. Shocker.

Sorry, I missed the part where I said I was offended. It simply follows that using a cover story on this website to advance your own political/social beliefs is one (small) step above grinolds and the other d-bags using their power to advance their agenda on doucheman.com. I wouldn't have even responded had it not been THE cover story on this website. Had it been just another post on a message board (where it belongs), I wouldn't have said a thing.

Keep in mind that you are actually agreeing with ducksareoverrated on an issue. That should tell you something.

Disagree. DJ was well aware that the article would receive criticism and as far as I can tell has done nothing to censor it. I would say he has created a site that is the perfect place for something like this.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,248 Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Passion why don't you ask DJ if you can write a counter viewpoint article, there's not much going on anyways... meh

I try to keep religion, politics, and sports all separate but oh well... Tebow as a football player seems to suck but has always been a winner. Seriously the guy has never lead a losing football team (Jake locker anyone?). While immeasurable, it is a big fucking deal to be a winner and always be a winner. I suspect belichick understands this.

Religion isn't really a left or right issue, like most things it is a statist vs freedom issue. Statist have always seen a higher power that people worship as a threat to themselves. Mao... Stalin... blah blah blah. Religion puts power in something they can't control. The "left" currently acts like statist since they are the ones in control, it will swing back like it always does.

The media has always had it out for anyone who ever projects perfection, Christian or not. People want to see failure, they want to believe someone can't be as good of a person as the project. People want tebow to be caught in a gay midget sex scandal so badly because, on the surface, he seems so good. The story would be huge because its against everything he has painted himself to be. When Hernández killed someone, people just aren't as surprised that a gang banger looking Hispanic guy murdered a few people so the story is dead in a few days.

By and large we're a Husky football website. But from time-to-time we will delve into other topics, and this was something that I wanted to write about because I'm not seeing it expressed anywhere else.

Passion, if you wish to write a counterpoint to my article, we would be happy to run it assuming that it's well-written, as I'm sure it would be. Just be sure to PM me to make sure I'm aware and we'll exchange email addresses and go from there.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,492 Founders Club
    Who exactly in the media is supressing Christians?

Houhusky said:

By and large we're a Husky football website. But from time-to-time we will delve into other topics, and this was something that I wanted to write about because I'm not seeing it expressed anywhere else.

Passion, if you wish to write a counterpoint to my article, we would be happy to run it assuming that it's well-written, as I'm sure it would be. Just be sure to PM me to make sure I'm aware and we'll exchange email addresses and go from there.

There's no counterpoint to REAL GOD. He already lost.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    At first I thought this was a serious article! Haha! Tebow is the REAL jesus!!! Praise allah!!
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited July 2013

Houhusky said:

DerekJohnson and Houhusky - You miss my point. I took issue with featuring a cover story of this nature. If I posted a "counterpoint" cover story, wouldn't I be just as guilty? Besides, I have no interest in doing so. That's not why I'm here.

Also, I never debated the point of the story or criticized the writing (as others did). Again, I simply said that I disagreed with it being posted. A message board would've been a better forum. In fact, I don't even think it belongs on a football message board, but I certainly would never argue in favor of completely removing it.

If I am to give some credit to dawgman.com, it's that they moved stuff like this to their "unleashed" board. The problem with those d-bags is that you couldn't even talk "football" on the "football board." It had to be scripted to their liking.

I have some pretty firm views on the stuff you wrote, but just don't care to express it here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    This felt like a piece that if Harv were to create a fake Derek Johnson account. Then write the most stereotypical bitter politcal piece he could come up with.

Jesus Fucking Christ!
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Passion said:

Houhusky said:

DerekJohnson and Houhusky - You miss my point. I took issue with featuring a cover story of this nature. If I posted a "counterpoint" cover story, wouldn't I be just as guilty? Besides, I have no interest in doing so. That's not why I'm here.

Also, I never debated the point of the story or criticized the writing (as others did). Again, I simply said that I disagreed with it being posted. A message board would've been a better forum. In fact, I don't even think it belongs on a football message board, but I certainly would never argue in favor of completely removing it.

If I am to give some credit to dawgman.com, it's that they moved stuff like this to their "unleashed" board. The problem with those d-bags is that you couldn't even talk "football" on the "football board." It had to be scripted to their liking.

I have some pretty firm views on the stuff you wrote, but just don't care to express it here.
    You took offense because you disagree with the message,not that it was posted on the front page. He it been a non Husky article about something that you agreed with you wouldn't have cared. To say otherwise is dishonest.