Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

FIFITA AND McMillan!!!!!

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Open the gates!
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,595
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So the narrative there is Fisch = bad man because he didn't want to stay there for way less money and because like every single fucking coach till the end of time he tried to get the best players to follow him? Keep dooging on that landlord guy though I'm sure he's squeaky clean.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,359
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How any UA players think it’s better to stay in Tucson than transfer is mind boggling.

Has to be a cartel connection. It’s the only thing that makes sense.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,003
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Enjoy your loyalty Fifita.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,973
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

How any UA players think it’s better to stay in Tucson than transfer is mind boggling.

There athletic program is in trouble. No clue how all of that works but it sounds like a cluster fuck.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,604
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    This is lovely.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,460

TheHB said:

There athletic program is in trouble. No clue how all of that works but it sounds like a cluster fuck.

Bitchfork was first to chin
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    TheHB said:

“Pool parties . . .”
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,999
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It's times like this that I wish that stupid fucking Humberto could actually read (english).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

TheHB said:

“Pool parties . . .”
    @trublue Did you know there’s about 359 pool related deaths a year? Who am I kidding, of course you did.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

FOE, fucking idiots.

Let’s pretend that they somehow scrapped together $500k a yr for fajita. That’s $1.5M assuming 3 yrs.

Now let’s pretend that udub gives him $750k, 1M, and then 1.5M as each year they need to increase to retain him based on his awesomeness. That’s 3.25M.

You’re not going pro kid, you’re too fucking short so because of your principles and loyalty you’re going to walk away from at least an extra 1.75M. In the real world, with a 6 figure income, that’s 17 years worth of salary before taxes and we know you’re not coming out of college making 100k a year.

Tito can take this gamble because he’s a first day pick not fajita.

If I allowed my child to make a decision like this because it was “the right thing to do” I’d consider that bad parenting.

Take that 1.75M and invest immediately, find what ever type of job you want that’ll make you happy and then retire early.

Enjoy that loyalty indeed.

Idiots.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

Alexis said:

FOE, fucking idiots.

Let’s pretend that they somehow scrapped together $500k a yr for fajita. That’s $1.5M assuming 3 yrs.

Now let’s pretend that udub gives him $750k, 1M, and then 1.5M as each year they need to increase to retain him based on his awesomeness. That’s 3.25M.

You’re not going pro kid, you’re too fucking short so because of your principles and loyalty you’re going to walk away from at least an extra 1.75M. In the real world, with a 6 figure income, that’s 17 years worth of salary before taxes and we know you’re not coming out of college making 100k a year.

If I allowed my child to make a decision like this because it was “the right thing to do” I’d consider that bad parenting.

Take that 1.75M and invest immediately, find what ever type of job you want that’ll make you happy and then retire early.

Idiots.

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,595
    Swaye's Wigwam

Alexis said:

FOE, fucking idiots.

Idiots.
    It's possible Fifita sees the opportunity to be a hero for staying in Tucson one more year and with his buddy TMac, win a conference championship (much harder to do in the Big 10 at UW next season), then get a big bag after next season for whoever is the best option after TMac is off to the NFL. Not actually a terrible path. One of my worries if I'm him is a team like Arizona next year can afford to lose barely anything for 2024 (like Coleman) and make the playoff. They don't have the depth of talent as top teams and a Big 12 team can't afford to lose much.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Alexis said:

FOE, fucking idiots.

Idiots.
    It's possible Fifita sees the opportunity to be a hero for staying in Tucson one more year and with his buddy TMac, win a conference championship (much harder to do in the Big 10 at UW next season), then get a big bag after next season for whoever is the best option after TMac is off to the NFL. Not actually a terrible path. One of my worries if I'm him is a team like Arizona next year can afford to lose barely anything for 2024 (like Coleman) and make the playoff. They don't have the depth of talent as top teams and a Big 12 team can't afford to lose much.
    Interesting angle.

Problem is that he won’t have the same leverage with out Tito. Maybe at other schools… who knows.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    They were looking to belong. Stay gold, Ponyboy Fifita, stay gold!