Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Fisching Report Recruiting Thread Sponsored by the Enumclaw Truck Stop

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,462
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Guess we'll have CU-level OL this year
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I've seen more recruiting in a week than in two years

It’s hard
    I like’d most parts of Pete’s picky strategy. Now we’re? air mailing offers like whoregon.

In the current state of our roster I don’t care. Just makes it tough to track at the truck stop.
    I remember when being picky meant Pete was racist. Good tims.
    I’m going to take some heat with this one so feel free to fuck me off now. I chose the word picky intentionally.

I may have been part of the problem and not the solution with this one… he’s not a racist but Pete’s preference seemed to inadvertently provide a narrative that was then misconstrued into Pete’s a racist.

The natty roster was filled with Pete’s peak recruiting preferences. So something to be said there for his talent, character, hard worker, etc evaluation criteria.

IIRCC this was peak subk - ddy craziness and that theory left the boreds and carried to other parts of the interwebs. I even recall hearing that it was being used as a part of negative recruiting but who knows if theirs any validity to that.

Definitely a blemish for the boreds.
    If I remember correctly, that narrative arose from the Oregon Fans & Coaching Staff, opportunistically using the racial strife going on at the time to demean UW.

Instead of calling BS on it and defending their school from cheap shots and low blows from rivals, DDY & Coker wimped out and said, "see, see, see...OKG is Racism" - mostly due to their homoerotic obsession with TBSing.

I really enjoyed the TSIO pod, but I haven't taken either of them seriously since their cave-in to Oregon's BS.
    If the Oregon OKG is racist thing is true I'm pissed about Petersen and the program not publicly fighting it. Go back and look at Petersen's classes. They're NFL factories and also loaded with guys who were solid college players if not NFL players. He also rescued a bunch of Sark guys who seemed more fast strategy.
    It may or may not have been true that Oregon said it, but none of it fucking mattered. It was a DDY/Coker/SubK concoction of delusion. No recruit was seriously swayed by it and there was nothing for Pete to publicly fight.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,123
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited January 25
    If the dawgs didn’t blow it in Eugene in 2018 it wouldn’t have mattered. That gave Crisco more juice than he ever deserved. A young Thibodauxn’t was visiting that day.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,975
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

It’s hard
    I like’d most parts of Pete’s picky strategy. Now we’re? air mailing offers like whoregon.

In the current state of our roster I don’t care. Just makes it tough to track at the truck stop.
    I’m going to take some heat with this one so feel free to fuck me off now. I chose the word picky intentionally.

I may have been part of the problem and not the solution with this one… he’s not a racist but Pete’s preference seemed to inadvertently provide a narrative that was then misconstrued into Pete’s a racist.

The natty roster was filled with Pete’s peak recruiting preferences. So something to be said there for his talent, character, hard worker, etc evaluation criteria.

IIRCC this was peak subk - ddy craziness and that theory left the boreds and carried to other parts of the interwebs. I even recall hearing that it was being used as a part of negative recruiting but who knows if theirs any validity to that.

If I remember correctly, that narrative arose from the Oregon Fans & Coaching Staff, opportunistically using the racial strife going on at the time to demean UW.

Instead of calling BS on it and defending their school from cheap shots and low blows from rivals, DDY & Coker wimped out and said, "see, see, see...OKG is Racism" - mostly due to their homoerotic obsession with TBSing.

I really enjoyed the TSIO pod, but I haven't taken either of them seriously since their cave-in to Oregon's BS.
    It wasn't just Oregon that ran with it, the local 7on7 FSP tracy ford types were upset about not getting the access they "deserved" for their 5 star 12 year olds that pushed it too.
    Wasn’t the only thing the truck bed boys were pushing…
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 25
    Sarcasm and Joking around about race is fine in context and when done with care.

Problem is the blowback and damage can be severe from those who don't get the joke.

Also the dishonest bastard types who do get the joke, but feign outrage at it, as though it was serious, to serve their own agendas.

Fuck those guys.

P.S. And lest we forget the give-away-the-store TBS obsessions with Sa'Vell Smalls & Tre'Shaun Harrison.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,123
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I’m sure his downfall had nothing to do with our team turning to shit in 2019.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,581
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

It’s hard

Speaking of the TSIO crew and their short lived attempt to go big/mainstream I predicted DDY's (and the rest of them) quick demise here: https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/984712#Comment_984712

His posting in 2019 was reduced, compared to the manic years before, but he ability to coherently post non UW/Pete/OKG is racist ideas was greatly diminished;

It was clear then that he had lost his edge and the flanderization of his character blurred his real personal politics and the bored character... The racist meme peddled by "the guys" as a joke(?) had reached full Poes laws status.

A few others like @PostGameOrangeSlices tried fighting the now ironically-unironically promoted DDY narrative: https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/1056621#Comment_1056621 or https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/1058208#Comment_1058208

Their website would launch a few months later, they didn't make it to the end of 2019

In the now postmortem reflection; DDY talked about "bottom up pressure" because pressure to do better wasn't coming from the top admin and he fixated on the destruction of OKG (because he wanted B4L) as his own personal goal. IMO initially it was hyperbolic, a meme in good fun, until he became schizophrenically attached to "OKG" destruction over anything else. He knew promoting the race stuff was harming Pete/UW but that was only more proof he was right about OKG being bad. When Pete left at the end of 2019, OKG was gone. In those last few years DDY didn't care about UW, football, or Pete, he was wholly consumed by the now self-insert character, and once OKG was gone, so departed DDY... There was nothing left for him anyways...

Also in 2019 his fellating of Big Dick (better than Josh Allen) Eason but Eason not really being all that great and the leak that DDY was the President of an Ivy league school (obvious now when you see how they talked about race) was ultimately the final blow to his postings.
    I see you’ve got all the screen shots you needed. Damn.
  • Options
    jarlsbergraygunjarlsbergraygun Member Posts: 34
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

It’s hard

Speaking of the TSIO crew and their short lived attempt to go big/mainstream I predicted DDY's (and the rest of them) quick demise here: https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/984712#Comment_984712

His posting in 2019 was reduced, compared to the manic years before, but he ability to coherently post non UW/Pete/OKG is racist ideas was greatly diminished;

It was clear then that he had lost his edge and the flanderization of his character blurred his real personal politics and the bored character... The racist meme peddled by "the guys" as a joke(?) had reached full Poes laws status.

A few others like @PostGameOrangeSlices tried fighting the now ironically-unironically promoted DDY narrative: https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/1056621#Comment_1056621 or https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/1058208#Comment_1058208

Their website would launch a few months later, they didn't make it to the end of 2019

In the now postmortem reflection; DDY talked about "bottom up pressure" because pressure to do better wasn't coming from the top admin and he fixated on the destruction of OKG (because he wanted B4L) as his own personal goal. IMO initially it was hyperbolic, a meme in good fun, until he became schizophrenically attached to "OKG" destruction over anything else. He knew promoting the race stuff was harming Pete/UW but that was only more proof he was right about OKG being bad. When Pete left at the end of 2019, OKG was gone. In those last few years DDY didn't care about UW, football, or Pete, he was wholly consumed by the now self-insert character, and once OKG was gone, so departed DDY... There was nothing left for him anyways...

Also in 2019 his fellating of Big Dick (better than Josh Allen) Eason but Eason not really being all that great and the leak that DDY was the President of an Ivy league school (obvious now when you see how they talked about race) was ultimately the final blow to his postings.
    Looks like you got my upvote in 2019.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

It’s hard

It wasn't just Oregon that ran with it, the local 7on7 FSP tracy ford types were upset about not getting the access they "deserved" for their 5 star 12 year olds that pushed it too.
    Correct.

FSP is an enemy to the program
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Guess we'll have CU-level OL this year

DOXXED

• Options
    CrispyEatersonCrispyEaterson Member Posts: 278
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    I thought DDY died.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited January 25
    weird... only 2 days ago he entered the portal, I guess Fish finally responded to his text and he was probably ghosted by Deboer.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,307
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    This is why I wait until they commit elsewhere to hate the kids.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,462
    So we'll have 3 QBs for spring ball, which is huge

Only 22 more spots to fill out!
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If B. Carroll can keep the Hatchett bros and Paki in the fold, that would be so huge. That would move the unit back up to 12 guys on scholarship and then they add 2 or 3 in the portal. Some 3rd string walk-ons would get lots of reps with the 3's if they can't find enough decent guys before spring ball.