Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Fisching Report Recruiting Thread Sponsored by the Enumclaw Truck Stop

Comments

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,123
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

It's possible the coaches think all these players suck. Hard to answer these questions until after the spring portal.

Maybe I'm misremembering this but I thought Fisch was the coach that was talked about on Twitter that has hard requirements for measurables for most positions. Absolutely will not waiver on that and one of the reasons he turned Arizona around fast.
    Lines up with Pete Carroll. Short QBs and tall CBs.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,304
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 26

haie said:

It's possible the coaches think all these players suck. Hard to answer these questions until after the spring portal.

Maybe I'm misremembering this but I thought Fisch was the coach that was talked about on Twitter that has hard requirements for measurables for most positions. Absolutely will not waiver on that and one of the reasons he turned Arizona around fast.
    Lines up with Pete Carroll. Short QBs and tall CBs.
    https://clip.cafe/spun-2002/nice-big-titties-small-ass/
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Huff's ability to teach pass blocking is proven. Always struggled with run blocking. The last few years the OL makes every team with a halfway decent DL look like the '85 Bears
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

ASU showed that even in pass rushing you flood the middle. That's not exactly a secret but still Michigan used that blueprint well.

The surprise is why Texas and Oregon let Penix go off 5 times when the scrappy devils shut him down twice

Damn near went 0-2

So goodridance to Nick Harris jr?
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

ASU showed that even in pass rushing you flood the middle. That's not exactly a secret but still Michigan used that blueprint well.

The surprise is why Texas and Oregon let Penix go off 5 times when the scrappy devils shut him down twice

Damn near went 0-2

I saw some highlights from the Sugar Bowl and Texas got pressure up the middle but Penix sidestepped it. Not sure why he wasn’t able to do so against Michigan but I guess Michigan had pressure up the middle AND brought heat from the edge at the same time.
    I mean, that is the formula. RIP @Passion
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,547
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Damn near went 0-2

I saw some highlights from the Sugar Bowl and Texas got pressure up the middle but Penix sidestepped it. Not sure why he wasn’t able to do so against Michigan but I guess Michigan had pressure up the middle AND brought heat from the edge at the same time.
    FIRST
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,460

Damn near went 0-2

Michigan had a better scheme in the secondary, so Penix had to hold the ball longer

Look at his time in the pocket between Texas and Michigan
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,547
    Swaye's Wigwam

Damn near went 0-2

Michigan had a better scheme in the secondary, so Penix had to hold the ball longer

Look at his time in the pocket between Texas and Michigan
    Good point. Oregon had a shitty secondary too
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Damn near went 0-2

FIRST
    Fuck you and your 53 seconds.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    Any update on visitors this weekend? @bananasnblondes
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,460
    Did we not have a single guy portal or transfer in today?

Didn't realize college football would be so boring
  • Options
    CrispyEatersonCrispyEaterson Member Posts: 278
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Where is Prysock?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    Standard Supporter

Damn near went 0-2

Better secondary too.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    Standard Supporter
    He'd be a great get as he'd be a RS-Soph in 2024. With losing Carter to Alabama, hopefully the staff loads gets 2 or 3 Edges in the 2025 so that they can redshirt guys. Ideally the Babalavu guy withdraws from the portal too.