Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Michigan -4 over UW.

Comments

• Options
    houseofpain247houseofpain247 Member Posts: 153
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Standard Supporter
    Grubb says DJ is expected to play. We're going to win. Possibly by 2-3 scores.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Michigan blitzed almost every down against Alabama and their QB couldn't handle it. Penix will.
  • Options
    Founders Club

whlinder said:

I wish I had the confidence that you all do.

I’m not confident, definitely less confident than Texas. Harbaugh is better than Sark and Michigan also thinks they are a team of destiny with their self inflicted scandals. They are confident and tuff.

The good news is Harbaugh has never won the last game. He had what, 4 downs from the 10 yard line to win a Super Bowl and didn’t.

Deboner has won the last game. 3 times.

I am supremely confident.

Michigan has not played a "good" offense all year. Bama and Ohio State are rated in the 40s.

UW had to play Oregon x2, Texas, Arizona, USC...hell even WSU has a solid offense.
    OSU was good when we? played them and it was windy and raining which played right into the Beavers' hands.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,397
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Different game plan, you don't really have to worry about Michigan beating you over the top. Can sell out to stop the run.

Load the box and let it rip.

If ASU can do it...
  • Options
    Founders Club

Alabama was a dumpy mess of a team that trailed this year in the 2nd half of 7(!) of its 14 games. It also had a tight end playing quarterback. Michigan could have easily lost to that dumpy Bama team even with Bama’s center having the yips.

Michigan’s other marquee win dropped the stinker of the bowl season against Missouri.

Washington is better but this game will come down to whether Penix can be accurate with the football. It’s not a foregone conclusion but I like our odds.

To be fair, Alabama came together as the season progressed. They were playing very well at the end of the season. They beat an excellent Georgia team and almost beat an excellent Michigan team. Also, due to injury, opt-outs and portal entries, tOSU that played Mizzou was not the same as tOSU that played Michigan. tOSU that played Michigan would likely have smoked Mizzou. Kirby Smart was right to question the bowl system after Georgia's embarrassingly bad blowout win over FSU in the face of injuries, opt-outs and portal entries that gutted FSU.

IMO Michigan will be the best team Washington has faced in years. Perhaps the best since Alabama in 2016. I agree with your take that matchups matter a lot. The key matchup IMO is their? D-line vs our? O-line. If we? win that battle, we? will control the pace of the game to our? advantage.
    UW handled the shit out of Texas DLine. Smacked those fat bitches across the face for 3 hours. Michigan is not at their level.

Fuck Michigan. They are not near Alabama's 2016 level. Corum, McCarthy, and Wilson are excellent college players but are B+ talent. Texas cooked UW with speed and Michigan has less of that.

They will be methodical, however. And UW sucks against the run.

People underrate how dominant UW is on the offensive side. Crazy talent.

EWIWBI
    Michigan has a much better pass rush than Texas, they're a better team than Texas. And I agree they're not Alabama 2016, just likely the best team the Huskies have faced since Alabama 2016. They're beatable, for sure, but make no mistake, this will be the biggest challenge of the year for the Huskies. The same can be said of Michigan though. They haven't faced an O-line, quarterback or wide receiving corps like UW's.
    Oregon is better than Michigan
    Just my opinion, but I don't think they are, not this year.
    Nix is a lot more versatile than McCarthy
    True, but not really any more of a threat. Michigan is better on both lines, has a better running back, and a better defense in general. Beating them will be a bigger deal than beating Oregon, for a number of reasons.
    No way the Michigan back is better than either of the 2 headed Oregon monsters.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,065
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RoadTrip said:

Easy $. UW $line and plus the 4. Michigan doesn't score 30, UW does.

Say 35-21.
  • Options
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Say 35-21.
    But something dumb will happen and UW wins 35-34. I might finally be a happy fan if your prediction actually happens.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    RoadTrip said:

Alabama was a dumpy mess of a team that trailed this year in the 2nd half of 7(!) of its 14 games. It also had a tight end playing quarterback. Michigan could have easily lost to that dumpy Bama team even with Bama’s center having the yips.

Michigan’s other marquee win dropped the stinker of the bowl season against Missouri.

Washington is better but this game will come down to whether Penix can be accurate with the football. It’s not a foregone conclusion but I like our odds.

To be fair, Alabama came together as the season progressed. They were playing very well at the end of the season. They beat an excellent Georgia team and almost beat an excellent Michigan team. Also, due to injury, opt-outs and portal entries, tOSU that played Mizzou was not the same as tOSU that played Michigan. tOSU that played Michigan would likely have smoked Mizzou. Kirby Smart was right to question the bowl system after Georgia's embarrassingly bad blowout win over FSU in the face of injuries, opt-outs and portal entries that gutted FSU.

IMO Michigan will be the best team Washington has faced in years. Perhaps the best since Alabama in 2016. I agree with your take that matchups matter a lot. The key matchup IMO is their? D-line vs our? O-line. If we? win that battle, we? will control the pace of the game to our? advantage.
    UW handled the shit out of Texas DLine. Smacked those fat bitches across the face for 3 hours. Michigan is not at their level.

Fuck Michigan. They are not near Alabama's 2016 level. Corum, McCarthy, and Wilson are excellent college players but are B+ talent. Texas cooked UW with speed and Michigan has less of that.

EWIWBI
    Michigan has a much better pass rush than Texas, they're a better team than Texas. And I agree they're not Alabama 2016, just likely the best team the Huskies have faced since Alabama 2016. They're beatable, for sure, but make no mistake, this will be the biggest challenge of the year for the Huskies. The same can be said of Michigan though. They haven't faced an O-line, quarterback or wide receiving corps like UW's.
    True, but not really any more of a threat. Michigan is better on both lines, has a better running back, and a better defense in general. Beating them will be a bigger deal than beating Oregon, for a number of reasons.
    He's scored more touchdowns than both Oregon running backs combined.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

RoadTrip said:

EWIWBI
    He's the featured back in a run heavy offense. Oregon rotates theirs a lot.

Last year Cameron Davis had, I think, 13 touchdowns. He's not in the same league as any of the guys mentioned here
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

RoadTrip said:

EWIWBI
    is Bo Nix better than Penix because he has more touchdowns?
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,409
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RoadTrip said:

EWIWBI
    Corum is pretty damn good.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    edited January 3

Different game plan, you don't really have to worry about Michigan beating you over the top. Can sell out to stop the run.

Anyone remember when Lake was playing safeties 30 yards off the line against heavy run formations...

God, what a good time.

Note... the safety instantly retreated 10 yards even further backwards off the snap for a run that went for 15...
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,645
    Founders Club

RTD said:

RTD said:

I wish I had the confidence that you all do.

The Dawgs have spent the better part of the last theee decades in the desert. Im guessing most of you were too young to remember 91. If you can’t get up for this and ride the wave till the end you’re missing the moment.
    Completely different teams. Those differences instill different levels of confidence.

The 1991 DaWgs were Bad Motherfuckers. They featured one of the best college defenses ever and an outstanding balanced offense, the best college team of the decade in my opinion, and among the best of all time. They smashed opponents. I, and many many others, never doubted them.

The 2023 DaWgs feature a multi-generational QB, an outstanding group of wide receivers and an outstanding offensive line. DJ is an excellent running back, Iet's hope he's available for the NCG. The defense can play, in fact they are a bit underrated IMO, but they are not smashing anyone. I have doubted these DaWgs and I'm certain I'm not alone in here. They have been very close to Cougin' it in more than a few games, including the Apple Cup and nearly last night. They do find a way to win. Winners win and all that .... until they don't. IMO, their most impressive win this season was the CCG. They dominated a very good Oregon team, arguably the best team they have played so far this season, but again, the final score was closer than it should have been. It is that tendency to make wins harder than should be that has many doubting them and bettors betting against them.
    Of course, different era, 91 was about defensive dominance and plodding to victory, if your team was lucky enough to have balance beyond a running game that was extra. 30 years later it’s about protecting the talent and the Dawgs have a super charged offense, that’s puts more points up than their D gives up. That’s how this squad wins.
    Not much plodding along in 1991. Mostly severe smashing. They left no doubt.

(4) Washington @ Stanford PAC-10 W 42. 7
    (4) Washington @. (9) Nebraska Big 8. W. 36 21
    (4) Washington Kansas State Big 8. W 56 3
    (3) Washington Arizona Pac-10. W. 54. 0
    (3) Washington Toledo MAC W. 48. 0
    (3) Washington @. (7) California Pac-10. W. 24. 17
    (3) Washington Oregon Pac-10. W. 29. 7
    (3) Washington Arizona State Pac-10. W. 44. 16
    (2) Washington @. USC. Pac-10. W. 14. 3
    (3) Washington @. Oregon State Pac-10. W. 58. 6
    (2) Washington Wash State Pac-10. W. 56. 21
    (2) Washington N. (4) Michigan Big Ten. W. 34. 14
    imagine destroying a blue blood (at the time) on the road who was ranked 9th in the country and not moving up one spot.

in a season long popularity contest to decide a champion. What a system.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,065
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 3
    RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

Say 35-21.
    But something dumb will happen and UW wins 35-34. I might finally be a happy fan if your prediction actually happens.
    Pretty sure the o/u is 55.5. Playing with house money at this point.
  • Options
    BlueWeaselBlueWeasel Member Posts: 12
    First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Howdy Everybody!
    I can hardly wait for the big game but must say that I feel fairly confident that Michigan will win, primarily because of their D.
    No matter what the outcome is, I'm sure we can all be grateful to have so much fun with this silly college football stuff taking our minds off the seriousness of the troubled world, if only for a little while.
    I, btw, used to live up there in the Great North West in the days Dixie Lee Ray and Cliff Lens and Shirley Hudson and --of course! -- the great Don James! (Who did some mean things to my Michigan team back then, sad to say.😟)
    Michigan 43, Washington 10!🤠👍
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246

Howdy Everybody!
    I can hardly wait for the big game but must say that I feel fairly confident that Michigan will win, primarily because of their D.
    No matter what the outcome is, I'm sure we can all be grateful to have so much fun with this silly college football stuff taking our minds off the seriousness of the troubled world, if only for a little while.
    I, btw, used to live up there in the Great North West in the days Dixie Lee Ray and Cliff Lens and Shirley Hudson and --of course! -- the great Don James! (Who did some mean things to my Michigan team back then, sad to say.😟)
    Michigan 43, Washington 10!🤠👍

What the fuck is this shit.