Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Michigan -4 over UW.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    gmo said:

RTD said:

RTD said:

I wish I had the confidence that you all do.

The Dawgs have spent the better part of the last theee decades in the desert. Im guessing most of you were too young to remember 91. If you can’t get up for this and ride the wave till the end you’re missing the moment.
    Completely different teams. Those differences instill different levels of confidence.

The 1991 DaWgs were Bad Motherfuckers. They featured one of the best college defenses ever and an outstanding balanced offense, the best college team of the decade in my opinion, and among the best of all time. They smashed opponents. I, and many many others, never doubted them.

The 2023 DaWgs feature a multi-generational QB, an outstanding group of wide receivers and an outstanding offensive line. DJ is an excellent running back, Iet's hope he's available for the NCG. The defense can play, in fact they are a bit underrated IMO, but they are not smashing anyone. I have doubted these DaWgs and I'm certain I'm not alone in here. They have been very close to Cougin' it in more than a few games, including the Apple Cup and nearly last night. They do find a way to win. Winners win and all that .... until they don't. IMO, their most impressive win this season was the CCG. They dominated a very good Oregon team, arguably the best team they have played so far this season, but again, the final score was closer than it should have been. It is that tendency to make wins harder than should be that has many doubting them and bettors betting against them.
    Of course, different era, 91 was about defensive dominance and plodding to victory, if your team was lucky enough to have balance beyond a running game that was extra. 30 years later it’s about protecting the talent and the Dawgs have a super charged offense, that’s puts more points up than their D gives up. That’s how this squad wins.
    Not much plodding along in 1991. Mostly severe smashing. They left no doubt.

(4) Washington @ Stanford PAC-10 W 42. 7
    (4) Washington @. (9) Nebraska Big 8. W. 36 21
    (4) Washington Kansas State Big 8. W 56 3
    (3) Washington Arizona Pac-10. W. 54. 0
    (3) Washington Toledo MAC W. 48. 0
    (3) Washington @. (7) California Pac-10. W. 24. 17
    (3) Washington Oregon Pac-10. W. 29. 7
    (3) Washington Arizona State Pac-10. W. 44. 16
    (2) Washington @. USC. Pac-10. W. 14. 3
    (3) Washington @. Oregon State Pac-10. W. 58. 6
    (2) Washington Wash State Pac-10. W. 56. 21
    (2) Washington N. (4) Michigan Big Ten. W. 34. 14
    imagine destroying a blue blood (at the time) on the road who was ranked 9th in the country and not moving up one spot.

in a season long popularity contest to decide a champion. What a system.
    Generally agree with your comment. A "plus one" game, UW vs Miami that year would have been perfect. There was no doubt they were the two best teams. I do strongly believe UW would have beaten them, physically and on the score board, as happened in 1994, but of course that is entirely hypothetical.
  • Options
    QruelQruel Member Posts: 76
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

Howdy Everybody!
    I can hardly wait for the big game but must say that I feel fairly confident that Michigan will win, primarily because of their D.
    No matter what the outcome is, I'm sure we can all be grateful to have so much fun with this silly college football stuff taking our minds off the seriousness of the troubled world, if only for a little while.
    I, btw, used to live up there in the Great North West in the days Dixie Lee Ray and Cliff Lens and Shirley Hudson and --of course! -- the great Don James! (Who did some mean things to my Michigan team back then, sad to say.😟)
    Michigan 43, Washington 10!🤠👍

Maybe if Michigan acquires UW's signs. Dude, the best offense Michigan faced all year ranks like 40th in the country. UW will score more than fucking 10 points against the Cheaterines. They'll sell out to stop the run much more than how they defended against Texas as well. I hope Michigan players/coaches are thinking it will be as much of a cakewalk as you do.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Different game plan, you don't really have to worry about Michigan beating you over the top. Can sell out to stop the run.

Anyone remember when Lake was playing safeties 30 yards off the line against heavy run formations...

God, what a good time.

Note... the safety instantly retreated 10 yards even further backwards off the snap for a run that went for 15...
    Whether it’s Michigan or Stanford, under Pete/Kwat/Lake, we(?) insisted playing Harbaugh teams with only two true DL with their hands on the ground. We repeatedly got our shit pushed in irrespective of where the S stood.
  • Options
    HuskyFan1979HuskyFan1979 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

imagine destroying a blue blood (at the time) on the road who was ranked 9th in the country and not moving up one spot.

I think didn't move up because we were down to Nebraska going into the 4th (before outscoring 20-0 in last quarter)...... and 1-3 were idle that week but 1) FSU had just won 58-0 and 2)Miami beat 10)Houston by 30 and 3) Michigan had beat 7) Notre Dame.
  • Options
    BlueWeaselBlueWeasel Member Posts: 12
    First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Qruel said:

Howdy Everybody!
    I can hardly wait for the big game but must say that I feel fairly confident that Michigan will win, primarily because of their D.
    No matter what the outcome is, I'm sure we can all be grateful to have so much fun with this silly college football stuff taking our minds off the seriousness of the troubled world, if only for a little while.
    I, btw, used to live up there in the Great North West in the days Dixie Lee Ray and Cliff Lens and Shirley Hudson and --of course! -- the great Don James! (Who did some mean things to my Michigan team back then, sad to say.😟)

Maybe if Michigan acquires UW's signs. Dude, the best offense Michigan faced all year ranks like 40th in the country. UW will score more than fucking 10 points against the Cheaterines. They'll sell out to stop the run much more than how they defended against Texas as well. I hope Michigan players/coaches are thinking it will be as much of a cakewalk as you do.
    I stand by my prediction. It will be the mother of all blowouts. Michigan is on fire ... 🔥
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

Qruel said:

Howdy Everybody!

I stand by my prediction. It will be the mother of all blowouts. Michigan is on fire ... 🔥
    The most Damone post, ever.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    edited January 4

I think didn't move up because we were down to Nebraska going into the 4th (before outscoring 20-0 in last quarter)...... and 1-3 were idle that week but 1) FSU had just won 58-0 and 2)Miami beat 10)Houston by 30 and 3) Michigan had beat 7) Notre Dame.

Good post.

Welcome to Hardcore Husky.

Now, LEAVE!!
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Howdy Everybody!

Eat a BlueWaffle and kill yourself.