Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Michigan -4 over UW.

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    RTD said:

I wish I had the confidence that you all do.

The Dawgs have spent the better part of the last theee decades in the desert. Im guessing most of you were too young to remember 91. If you can’t get up for this and ride the wave till the end you’re missing the moment.
    Completely different teams. Those differences instill different levels of confidence.

The 1991 DaWgs were Bad Motherfuckers. They featured one of the best college defenses ever and an outstanding balanced offense, the best college team of the decade in my opinion, and among the best of all time. They smashed opponents. I, and many many others, never doubted them.

The 2023 DaWgs feature a multi-generational QB, an outstanding group of wide receivers and an outstanding offensive line. DJ is an excellent running back, Iet's hope he's available for the NCG. The defense can play, in fact they are a bit underrated IMO, but they are not smashing anyone. I have doubted these DaWgs and I'm certain I'm not alone in here. They have been very close to Cougin' it in more than a few games, including the Apple Cup and nearly last night. They do find a way to win. Winners win and all that .... until they don't. IMO, their most impressive win this season was the CCG. They dominated a very good Oregon team, arguably the best team they have played so far this season, but again, the final score was closer than it should have been. It is that tendency to make wins harder than should be that has many doubting them and bettors betting against them.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,409
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Michigan’s special teams are a shit show.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Alabama was a dumpy mess of a team that trailed this year in the 2nd half of 7(!) of its 14 games. It also had a tight end playing quarterback. Michigan could have easily lost to that dumpy Bama team even with Bama’s center having the yips.

Michigan’s other marquee win dropped the stinker of the bowl season against Missouri.

Washington is better but this game will come down to whether Penix can be accurate with the football. It’s not a foregone conclusion but I like our odds.

To be fair, Alabama came together as the season progressed. They were playing very well at the end of the season. They beat an excellent Georgia team and almost beat an excellent Michigan team. Also, due to injury, opt-outs and portal entries, tOSU that played Mizzou was not the same as tOSU that played Michigan. tOSU that played Michigan would likely have smoked Mizzou. Kirby Smart was right to question the bowl system after Georgia's embarrassingly bad blowout win over FSU in the face of injuries, opt-outs and portal entries that gutted FSU.

IMO Michigan will be the best team Washington has faced in years. Perhaps the best since Alabama in 2016. I agree with your take that matchups matter a lot. The key matchup IMO is their? D-line vs our? O-line. If we? win that battle, we? will control the pace of the game to our? advantage.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,518
    If DJ plays close to 100%, dwags win. No DJ, 60/40 cheaters win
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

My faith is all mine. The rest of me....... is yours.
  • Options
    QruelQruel Member Posts: 76
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Best QB Michigan played this season was Taulia Tagovoiloa, and they played Michigan close. 34-27 final. I have confidence in these Dawgs to get it done.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Alabama played their best game against Georgia but were completely outclassed by a shitty Auburn team the week before that.

Washington played their best game against Oregon but were completely outclassed by a shitty Washington State team the week before that.

Rivalry games. Sometimes they just matter more.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    edited January 2
    Penix is the key, stop the sloppy coordinator ego bullshit. Harbaugh has literally never won this game. Why would in come over a generational talent in Penix? It shouldn’t.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,636
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    This. Dump that wildcat bullshit.

A man gots to know his limitations

No more macho ball. Let the O line protect Penix and don't try to muscle the Wolverines like they did the Texas middle

If you're running get the edge. Fuck the wildcat or obvious runs

Throw it over them

• Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    When the Dawgs have been legit they hold over Michigan. The Dawgs are legit again so there you go.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,700
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

I’m not confident, definitely less confident than Texas. Harbaugh is better than Sark and Michigan also thinks they are a team of destiny with their self inflicted scandals. They are confident and tuff.

The good news is Harbaugh has never won the last game. He had what, 4 downs from the 10 yard line to win a Super Bowl and didn’t.

Deboner has won the last game. 3 times.

I am supremely confident.

Michigan has not played a "good" offense all year. Bama and Ohio State are rated in the 40s.

UW had to play Oregon x2, Texas, Arizona, USC...hell even WSU has a solid offense.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 2

Alabama was a dumpy mess of a team that trailed this year in the 2nd half of 7(!) of its 14 games. It also had a tight end playing quarterback. Michigan could have easily lost to that dumpy Bama team even with Bama’s center having the yips.

Michigan’s other marquee win dropped the stinker of the bowl season against Missouri.

Washington is better but this game will come down to whether Penix can be accurate with the football. It’s not a foregone conclusion but I like our odds.

To be fair, Alabama came together as the season progressed. They were playing very well at the end of the season. They beat an excellent Georgia team and almost beat an excellent Michigan team. Also, due to injury, opt-outs and portal entries, tOSU that played Mizzou was not the same as tOSU that played Michigan. tOSU that played Michigan would likely have smoked Mizzou. Kirby Smart was right to question the bowl system after Georgia's embarrassingly bad blowout win over FSU in the face of injuries, opt-outs and portal entries that gutted FSU.

IMO Michigan will be the best team Washington has faced in years. Perhaps the best since Alabama in 2016. I agree with your take that matchups matter a lot. The key matchup IMO is their? D-line vs our? O-line. If we? win that battle, we? will control the pace of the game to our? advantage.
    UW handled the shit out of Texas DLine. Smacked those fat bitches across the face for 3 hours. Michigan is not at their level.

Fuck Michigan. They are not near Alabama's 2016 level. Corum, McCarthy, and Wilson are excellent college players but are B+ talent. Texas cooked UW with speed and Michigan has less of that.

They will be methodical, however. And UW sucks against the run.

People underrate how dominant UW is on the offensive side. Crazy talent.

EWIWBI
    Michigan has a much better pass rush than Texas, they're a better team than Texas. And I agree they're not Alabama 2016, just likely the best team the Huskies have faced since Alabama 2016. They're beatable, for sure, but make no mistake, this will be the biggest challenge of the year for the Huskies. The same can be said of Michigan though. They haven't faced an O-line, quarterback or wide receiving corps like UW's.